• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Popcorn bucket

magicbob

DIS Veteran
On a previous visit, we purchased a popcorn bucket with Mickey ears on the lid. My wife plans to bring it back. She tells me that discounted refills were available for the souvenir popcorn buckets. Is she correct? I recall that the popcorn bucket cost about 9 euros. If refills are available, does anyone know how much it costs? Thanks!

I've never seen refills on sale at DLP :confused3 How long ago are we talking about ?

if it works the same way as the refillable hot drinks insulated cups at DLP, the refills aren't any cheaper once you've bought the cup - they just put the hot drink into your cup instead of a disposable one, and charge you the same price as the disposable cup version.

Fairly recent... Within the last six months. I think she was just mistaken about refills. We'll probably bring the bucket anyway. That way we can just buy a regular order of popcorn without buying another souvenir bucket. Maybe that's what she was thinking.

Fairly recent... Within the last six months. I think she was just mistaken about refills. We'll probably bring the bucket anyway. That way we can just buy a regular order of popcorn without buying another souvenir bucket. Maybe that's what she was thinking.

yes maybe - maybe its 5 euros for a couple of regular size bags of popcorn, to fill the bucket?

if it works the same way as the refillable hot drinks insulated cups at DLP, the refills aren't any cheaper once you've bought the cup - they just put the hot drink into your cup instead of a disposable one, and charge you the same price as the disposable cup version.

Are they the mugs that you can get with a picture on - Hard plastic things ? I've got one somewhere, never thought of taking it back to the park when I go :)

When I bought one last year, I was told I can bring it back and get it filled for 5 euros.

I'm sure this is what she meant. Even though there's not a "discounted" refill available, buying a regular order to put in the souvenir bucket is less expensive than the initial bucket purchase.

Are they the mugs that you can get with a picture on - Hard plastic things ? I've got one somewhere, never thought of taking it back to the park when I go :)

thats the one :) - it only cost me an extra 1 euro I think to get the cup last month because I was buying a hot drink and a muffin in Victorias, so I went for it!

thats the one :) - it only cost me an extra 1 euro I think to get the cup last month because I was buying a hot drink and a muffin in Victorias, so I went for it!

Mine came from Victorias too - OH "suprised" me with the imposteur aka Duffy one :upsidedow

Mine came from Victorias too - OH "suprised" me with the imposteur aka Duffy one :upsidedow

mine is Mickey and Duffy - its quite cute, and does seem to be better quality than the insulated cups you get here in the discount shops. Definitely okay for 1 euro I think ;).

Yes re popcorn we bought the bucket last year for 9 or 10 euro and it showed re-fills for 5 or 6 euros, we were going to take ours back next week so I don't have to buy another 2 at that price!

Has anyone actually taken their popcorn bucket back this year for a refill? We have 2 buckets but will pack one if we can get a refill instead x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter