Popcorn Buckets

Wanna be Ariel

DIS Veteran
Leaving in a 2 weeks and wondering what popcorn buckets they have out right now. Pictures would be awesome.

There is/was a Toy story themed bucket to celebrate the opening of TSL. But they don’t make popcorn in TSL so you’d want to get your fresh popcorn at the former Pixar Place location outside of TSL.
(I think I saw a TSL beverage cart with some Toy Story buckets hanging from it, but when was that popcorn made?)

We got a free lotus popcorn bucket with the RoL dining package in AK (back in December) not sure if they’re still giving them out though

I'm curious if the Mickey balloon buckets are still around. I'm not a huge popcorn eater but DS can eat his weight in it and I'd rather pay the upcharge for the super cute balloon bucket than the regular bucket or any of the other specialty buckets.

Ooh! Following along for my own knowledge, too. We've never bought the bucket before but we're planning to do it this time when we're there in October. Where are some of the best options for flavors? (Such as the maple popcorn in Canada)

The AT-AT bucket is still in HS as of late june. So adorable. And when you close the little top and remove the lanyard, it because an awesome decoration (I admit to playing with it from time to time. Lol)

I'm curious if the Mickey balloon buckets are still around. I'm not a huge popcorn eater but DS can eat his weight in it and I'd rather pay the upcharge for the super cute balloon bucket than the regular bucket or any of the other specialty buckets.
I believe I saw someone got one in June. I know that's not super helpful but I think they still around.

I believe I saw someone got one in June. I know that's not super helpful but I think they still around.
They were selling them through Jul 9 (when I left) too.

They looked cute, but I’m not sure I’d want to carry it around for refills.

Ah okay...

I picked one up in March when they first came out. Compared to some other buckets this one was rather easy to carry around.

I wouldn't be the one carrying it around. That's why I bring my pack mule...erm I mean My son...to Disney. HAHAHA

The two I saw in July was the Toy Story themed one at HS, and the Mickey with Disney treats on the other (mainly at EPCOT).... well, here, I found it: Disney Snacks.

ETA, here was the TS one, it's "Woody's Roundup" and you can see it by scrolling down to the second pic; Popcorn buckets.

The two I saw in July was the Toy Story themed one at HS, and the Mickey with Disney treats on the other (mainly at EPCOT).... well, here, I found it: Disney Snacks.

ETA, here was the TS one, it's "Woody's Roundup" and you can see it by scrolling down to the second pic; Popcorn buckets.
Thanks for posting those! Both very cute. My first day is AK and I'm wondering if I'll end up with some "safari" looking popcorn bowl which wouldn't be my favourite. Maybe I'll hold out until day 2 to get one at HS. :)

Thanks for posting those! Both very cute. My first day is AK and I'm wondering if I'll end up with some "safari" looking popcorn bowl which wouldn't be my favourite. Maybe I'll hold out until day 2 to get one at HS. :)

The Mickey one looks to incorporate all the parks, so maybe it is “universal”.

Also following along since we'll (finally) end up getting a popcorn bucket on our December trip! popcorn:: Does anyone know how often they change the bucket designs?

Also following along since we'll (finally) end up getting a popcorn bucket on our December trip! popcorn:: Does anyone know how often they change the bucket designs?

I don't think we've seen a time as to how long the standard bucket is in the park. If I had to guess I'd say about 3-5 months. They just recently, about a month or 2 go changed out to a new bucket. They do this so you can't bring the same regular bucket back all year and get the $1.75 refills.

As far as other designs, it's just random when they introduce a new limited edition bucket or character bucket. Some buckets go quick while others stick around for quite some time

They use to have park specific buckets, but once they introduced the refills for $1.75, they just made one generic one that's in all the parks. I have some old ones at home that are what you described. I have a AK one where mickey and the gang are on the safari and a HS one where Mickey is Indiana Jones and he's with Minnie on the Indy set

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter