• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poppy Ran Me Over With His Scooter - A PHM Trip Report UPDATE!! 7/23 Pg. 21

IheartDDuck

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Remember me? I really really hope you do. Because I think it's been a while. And I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting my beginning this trip report.

So you can stop threatening me on social media.

Please.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Behold! This trip report will NOT be a masterpiece of any kind. Believe me, I wish I could say otherwise. That's just not going to happen? Why do you ask.

Because there were 12 people total on this trip.

So it will be a masterpiece of a disaster.

Do you know how hard it is to wrangle 12 people? 4 of which are children? 2 of which are my Pop and my brother? And who was the one that took on the responsibility of planning and executing this entire trip?

Oh yeah, that would be this sucker. Me.

Danielle.

What was the purpose of this trip? Well I was running my first Half Marathon! The Princess Half Marathon at that. In addition to running the Frozen 5k. Which was truly frozen, but we'll get to that.

That picture is the honest truth about how I was feeling about running this half marathon. Terrified out of my freaking mind. Don't believe me?

Let my face at mile 10.5 do the talking.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

This trip was from Tuesday February 17th to Wednesday February 25th. Various people arrived at different times. So who joined us on this trip?

Momma or Jackie. Running her first RunDisney 5k. And she did amazing! *spoiler alert*

Popadon or Rick, in case anyone actually wants to know his real name. You might not though, but if you did. You're welcome. Popadon had bypass surgery (completely unexpected) 4 weeks prior to this trip. But he wanted to go on this trip no matter what happened. So it was a scooter for him, and you know what? He kind of liked it.

Jason, my older brother. Lover of all things Disney. And Star Wars. And apparently picking his nose with a Mickey glove.

Jeni, my sister-in-law. Running partner and the entire reason I was able to get to the point of running this Half Marathon. She's a great friend and I don't know what I would do without her honestly. And she generally has a coffee cup in her hand.

Gavin - 10, Jason and Jeni's oldest. From another sperm donor, but he's just that. A sperm donor. He does not act like the father that he claims he is. Jason is his father by all rights and regulations. Gavin runs with me and he was with me for the 5k. He's my special kiddo. Since Joaquin most times wants nothing to do with me. Haha.

Joaquin - 7, Jason and Jeni's youngest. This kid. Well, I'll just let the trip report do the talking as we go. But he insisted "Poppy ran me over with his scooter" at a point on the trip. Seriously. I'll get there, I promise. He is very obviously Jason's child.

Veronica, Jeni's sister. In the Army and has been running forever! We knew that if we were going to do a half marathon, well she just had to come along. She and Jeni's relationship is like Jason's and my relationship. They're our people! First time at Disney World, and she absolutely loved it and wants me to plan our return trip. It will be a while though, since she'll be deployed to South Korea for over a year. :(

Randy, Veronica's husband. This was his first time at Disney, and even though it may not look it in pictures, he had an amazing time.

Madison - 9, Veronica's oldest. She is a super competitive girl that does everything! Cheerleading, running, dance, you name it, the girl wants to beat you at it. We developed a bond almost immediately on this trip. She had to fight her sister for time with me, which was a new thing for me! Lover of all things Star Wars and Harry Potter.

Brigid - 6, Veronica's middle child. This girl. I'm telling you, she gives Joaquin a run for his money. So full of energy, so full of life and character. She clung to me early on and loved being with Popadon too. They developed a relationship. So full of life this one. I really hope she never lets that go. This trip was so full of magic for her. She'd been to Disney with her Dad before, but many years ago, so she didn't remember. Let's just say every time we had a PP photographer, she had to get a Tinkerbell shot.

And last but certainly not least, Troy, Veronica and Randy's little guy. He was five months old at the time. When we had already decided we were running this race, Ve found out she was pregnant. We asked her if that was a problem and she was all "no problem! I have five months between birth and the race, so I'll be all good!"

We will have some other people joining us along the way, some amazing DIS friends that I have. No trip would be complete without them. They're family now.

So join me will you? On this crazy adventure that's a PHM trip report? I can't promise that it will be pretty at all times but I'll do my best.

I'll do my best to keep you entertained and laughing. Or at least I can make it like a train wreck. You want to look away, but you just can't.

Come along!

Yup, that's basically the best you'll get from us.

Last edited:
OMG so excited for you new report! How did the boys get so big? I can't wait to read about it all!

Um yeah, so this is me rushing to the computer (It's not a marathon, it's a sprint) to *hopefully* make the top three!!!!

Successfully?

I... think... SO!!! :dancer:

Yay!!! I have been waiting for you to start. How cute that your mom ran in a tutu! Sounds like it will be another great report.

I am anxious to get back to the Disboards. Having been away too long and having tried too many times to get caught up... I just need to start over and what better way than a fresh new trip report! So excited to follow along!

I'm here; be back to read later (have to have dinner...just go home due to a train derailment and I need to go do replies on my PTR).

I've lurked on your past reports but I thought I would join in a the beginning of this one and say hi :wave2:.

I'm here and looking forward to reading all about the trip! (And finding out if we were in the same place at any point other than obscene hour of the morning and I just didn't see you)

I can't wait to read all about your race. I ran the Disney half marathon with my sister and then a few years later DH and I ran the Chicken Little 5K Fun Run. It was a hoot!

I see you had your own cheer leading squad. It sounds like it will be a very interesting trip report. :)

I look forward to hearing about your half marathon AND more fun and crazy family adventures! :banana: Totally in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter