Popular breakfasts you dislike

Anything involving vegetables. It's breakfast. There should be no onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc in my omelet or anything else I'm eating in the morning. Fruit is great, vegetables at breakfast, no.

I'll eat good oatmeal but most of it is really just lumpy soup, so I only eat it if I've fixed it myself and it's a specific type.

When we traveled to Ireland, I loved the dinners we had there, but I did not enjoy the traditional Irish breakfasts. When we traveled to China, I missed being able to have cereal after the first week. For breakfasts at home, I rotate between cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, and on the weekends things like pancakes/eggs/French toast. While I love the occasional donut, I generally try to avoid too much sugar at breakfast and aim for unsweetened oatmeals or cereals with the least amount of sugar

more carbs in a banana than toast.
Ah, yes, you're right! I misspoke. What I mean is I don't like to eat too much floury or grainy stuff--toast, pancakes, cereals, etc. I tend to put on weight when I eat too much flour or even grain-based foods, but I seem to be able to eat all the fruit and even nuts I want without a problem (maybe because I just don't want that much). I do tend to LIKE breads, pastas, and grains though so the longer I can hold off on eating them the better; my resolve seems to lessen later in the day, haha. If I give in and eat these foods early in the day, I'm in trouble!

I don't like anything for breakfast, but I do like breakfast foods for dinner or a snack, lol

Biscuits and gravy are probably my least favorite, though, followed by pancakes. I don't really care for the breakfast bread-y stuff. Most everything else is fair game, but only for dinner or a snack ;)

Runny eggs. YUCK! I like my eggs cooked through. I know many like the runny yolk but for some reason that makes me :sick:

Runny eggs. YUCK! I like my eggs cooked through. I know many like the runny yolk but for some reason that makes me :sick:

I don't mind just a little runny depending on how it is prepared, but generally I go with eggs onthe irmer side.

I also do not like Pop Tarts. Every time I try one I am disappointed.

What I am asking myself is why I read this thread on day one of my pre-trip diet??? I suddenly want breakfast!

I didn't realize chicken and waffles was a breakfast food. TIL Either way, not a fan.

When we traveled to China, I missed being able to have cereal after the first week.

My first trip to China was in the mid-80s and somehow our tour only included Chinese-style breakfasts for almost 3 weeks. After a while I got tired of it, although a few of us in the group arranged to get a "western style" breakfast now. But that is something that's a little different, in that nearly all "tourist class" hotels have breakfast of some kind included. And since the 80s they've adopted a different diet in China where they accept many items that we find common in the west.

On my family's last trip there, we had no issues finding something that was similar to what we would eat at home. We did stay in a few "western" branded hotels, like a Holiday Inn, Kempinski (German chain), and Four Seasons. Their breakfasts were really good although we had a problem at the Kempinski where our kid dropped a ceramic spoon and were immediately asked to pay (7 yuan) for it. It seemed really petty for something so inexpensive at a hotel that was so expensive. And the Four Seasons included breakfast was really nice with options that really really liked including bacon and various European style pastries. The coffee was pretty good too. We were the only guests speaking English, and the restaurant manager (who sounded English) specifically asked me if I wanted a coffee refill. The other thing there is the total lack of tipping. My wife often insisted and I felt a little bit embarrassed since they sometimes look at you funny if you try to tip.

My first trip to China was in the mid-80s and somehow our tour only included Chinese-style breakfasts for almost 3 weeks. After a while I got tired of it, although a few of us in the group arranged to get a "western style" breakfast now. But that is something that's a little different, in that nearly all "tourist class" hotels have breakfast of some kind included. And since the 80s they've adopted a different diet in China where they accept many items that we find common in the west.

On my family's last trip there, we had no issues finding something that was similar to what we would eat at home. We did stay in a few "western" branded hotels, like a Holiday Inn, Kempinski (German chain), and Four Seasons. Their breakfasts were really good although we had a problem at the Kempinski where our kid dropped a ceramic spoon and were immediately asked to pay (7 yuan) for it. It seemed really petty for something so inexpensive at a hotel that was so expensive. And the Four Seasons included breakfast was really nice with options that really really liked including bacon and various European style pastries. The coffee was pretty good too. We were the only guests speaking English, and the restaurant manager (who sounded English) specifically asked me if I wanted a coffee refill. The other thing there is the total lack of tipping. My wife often insisted and I felt a little bit embarrassed since they sometimes look at you funny if you try to tip.

we had a fabulous western style breakfast at one of the hotels we stayed at too, it was awesome. I loved the lack of tipping, I wish we could adopt that here in the US, and of course raise the salaries of restaurant staff accordingly

we had a fabulous western style breakfast at one of the hotels we stayed at too, it was awesome. I loved the lack of tipping, I wish we could adopt that here in the US, and of course raise the salaries of restaurant staff accordingly

Well - back to the subject of food, I guess the one thing I didn't particularly like there was rice porridge. It's not that I hate it, but it's just not a very good meal. It's mostly water with basically empty calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter