~*~POR Bus Route~*~

MrsPrice

Mouseketeer
~We are staying at POR and I was curious if anyone knows the bus route. What building should I stay at to be close to pool and bus stop that will not be full before I get on? We will be doing EMH and not coming home during the day. No small kids as well. TIA~

We have stayed in building 15 and 18 on our most recent 2 trips there which is near the main building/pools etc and it was extremely rare that we had to stand upon getting onto the bus (honestly I can't remember having to stand but we may have had to once or twice?) from the resort *but* we never made it to the early morning openings and we tend to travel in less busier times.

The above poster gave you the buildings in Alligator Bayou. In the mansions, Oak Manor is the closest to the buildings and the "quiet" pool, as well as the laundry. I stay there every year facing the quiet pool. It is building no. 90.

If you are facing the main building, the bridge to the right takes you around first to the main pool, and eventually to the end with the food court. If you go to the bridge to the left, it takes you right over to the front of the building closest to the store and the main bus stop. The only time I have had to stand is after the fireworks at Epcot.

You can go either way to get over to the water taxi.

There is a resort map on the allearsnet.com web page under the accommodations section, for POR, right at the top of the text links page for the photos.....It will show you all the buildings that were mentioned.

Enjoy!

We stayed at POR in 2006 and were in AB25. We used the West depot, and for our entire trip (at least when we were on the bus) the West depot was the first pick-up, followed by North, East, and South. The South, or Main, depot was last every time - and it was also the most crowded. Since the West depot was first, we of course always had a seat. HOWEVER, alot of people report that the Main depot was first during their stay. The only thing I can think of is that the order of pick-up changes from time to time, maybe based on the time of day. Anyway, I think the West depot is great, because it will always be either the first or second stop, and it is not crowded like the Main depot.

Hope this helps!

June 2009 and I had the same experience as previous poster - POFQ, West, North, East, South, with South (main building) almost always standing room only. In a 7 night stay, there was maybe twice that we didn't stop at the South depot, which I assume (but don't know for sure) that they were picked up first - I can't remember though where we were headed to.

Best way to be close to a main pool and not have a packed bus with a short walk to the stop is to not stay at POR.

It is a huge resort, with tons of rooms and busy busses. You can get lucky quite often but betting on it is the wrong choice.

We have gone 3 times all in different rooms - using different bus stops and there are always crowds at some point during the day - EMH are always busy.

Sorry if it is not what you wanted to hear.

~Thanks for all the info. We are staying at POR b/c we have 5 guests so I cannot change to POFC. :-( Thus we also have to stay in the Alligator Bayou rooms. So far I have requested building 14 near the main hall and pool. I guess I will just stick with that. We do all the EMH~

we stayed in AG building 18 - great location - the only time we had problems with the bus was coming back from MG after the fireworks, had to stand, other than that though all was great, would reccomend this resort to any-one - little bit more info on this great site
http://www.portorleans.org/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter