POR or AoA?

NotTheBatesMotel

Mouseketeer
We’re going to tack on a few nights to our July trip. 2 adults and an 11 year old. The first 6 nights we’ll be at YC and we’re trying to figure out a new-to-us (lower priced) resort to add on to the end of the trip. It’s between Port Orleans Riverside and Art of Animation Little Mermaid room. They’re the same price.

I’m kind of leaning towards POR because we loved POFQ, it’ll give us an opportunity to check out Disney springs easily, we’ll already have had our fill of Epcot/HS by then so the usual Skyliner appeal isn’t as strong, and the rooms at POR are a little bigger. Which would you choose and why?

I would do POR. it’s our second-favorite moderate and is beautiful. (We discovered Coronado Springs, which became our new favorite mod.) it will be less a jump in amenities than AOA, but more importantly, I understand the Little Mermaid rooms are a trek from bus.

We really liked POR. We were in a Royal room with a River view and a short walk to the food court across the bridge.

Definitely POR. Very relaxing resort with lots of shade, a pool with a slide, several quiet pools, a bigger room, a quick walk or boat ride to POFQ for beignets, and the boat ride to DS for more dining and shopping.

The boat ride to DS would make POR much more appealing to me. It’s a very pleasant way to arrive there.

POR in the summer has much more shade around the resort and also at the pool.
Short walk to POFQ and boats to DS are a bonus.

POR. Relaxing, going to give your a comparable vibe to yacht club. and yes, those little boats to Disney Springs are awesome and relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter