• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR or POLY for 5 of us?

T

TWOOD

I have POR for $94/nt. or Poly for $210/nt. - it'll be my sister & her 2 girls (13 & 5) & my DD (11) & me. I was all set to spend 3 nts. @ the Poly w/ just my DD, and planned to spend most of our time at the resort before moving to POR for 1 week. Then, my sister decided to join us and they will only be here for the 3 nts. & want to do a day of MK and a day of MGM. We'll only be at the resort to swim & sleep. We'd have way more room at the Poly, but I'm footing the bill and am thinking it's not real bright to spend so much for hardly any time to enjoy the amenities. Help!:confused:

I would go with Poly. It's only $300+ more for the 3 nights. You'll have a little more room.

Hi---

Although I LOVE the Poly, since you have a terrific rate and wont be at the Resort very much, I'd go with PO-R. Kids aren't "hotel picky" (at least my youngest isn't) and I hear the pool over there is fantastic. They have a great food court too (we ate there while staying at PO-FQ). Either way, you're at WDW!

Lisa

You'll have queen beds at the Polynesian vs double beds at POR. We did the Polynesian with me, husband, son (4 at the time) and two nieces (8 and 10) at the time. And you will also get the day bed ( just about twin sized) at the Polynesian. I slept on the day bed, so it is a good sized bed for anyone in your party. You'll be close to the MK and the Ticket and Transportation Center there as well.

Plus you can watch the MK fireworks from your room if you get a lagoon view. Or watch from the beach.

What if you spent your first part of the trip at PO for a wk and then had the last 3 days at the Polynesian? You said your sister will be there for the first 3 days? Then you and your dd can relax at the Polynesian. You would have something to look forward to.:)

If money is really no object, I would go with the Poly. The ease of the monorail and the amenities win for me. In addition, the much larger room with 5 women will probably be a very good thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter