• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR Pool Renovations

meatballsmom

Mouseketeer
Just read this on Intercot:

Port Orleans Riverside Resort - Magnolia Bend Quiet Pool renovations - September 15-24
Ol' Man Island pool renovations - September 6-23

I hope it's done by Oct 1st. That was one of the reasons we chose this resort. My son loved the look of the pool area.

Has anyone else heard this? :earseek:

I justcalled POR b/c our dates are 9/21-25 and was told the 2 quiet pools at Magnolia Bend will be closed and the spa (hot tub) at Ol Man River would be closed but the main pool would be opened and the 3 quiet pools at AB as well. I'm too thrilled w/ this b/c I prefer the quiet pools and we requested the Mansions. Now I wonder if we should change.

I don't know if this helps, but even if it was closed, people staying at POR can use the POFQ pool. I hear it's pretty cool.

always a wrench thrown into my plans.

Are they going to be loud renovations or just cleaning and such?

please don't let this drag into the second week of October.... please...

I'm planning on hanging out at the resort a little more this time around, at it won't be much fun if the pool is out of commission.

I requested staying at the Mansion area (9/18 - 9/25), now there won't be a quiet pool available. Oh well, they have to pick sometime to refurb, I guess they think it should be done before Mickey's Halloween

I figure it also means - LESS CROWDED, so they figure they will do the work now.

event.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter