POR Room Request / Water View

LeilaKens

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at POR for the first time on our upcoming trip. I'm not sure which section we would rather be in, AB or MB. We requested a water view room but I don't even know what that entails. Anyone know what they consider a water view at this resort? And does that mean we should be in the front of the building?

I'm looking for a location that is close to the food court, as we will have refillable mugs. We will have our own car so I would also like to be near the parking lot. Therefore, being close to a bus stop isn't necessary.

From the map it looks like our best bet would be Magnolia Terrace or Oak Manor in the MB section or Buildings 14, 15, or 18 in the AB section. What do you think?

Thanks and Merry Christmas! :santa:

Well because there are 5 in your party you will not be in the mansions. They do not have the trundles. I believe your view could be of the different creeks they have on the AB sides or pools? Sorry I stayed on the other side and only took a walk through the other side and that was a few years ago.:confused3

The PP is right...if you have 5 in your party, you will get a room in AB that has a trundle. There are certain sides of certain buildings in AB that face the river. There's not really a "front" and a "back" of the buildings exactly.

We just got back, and we were disappointed that we didn't get any of our room requests. We were in building 26, which was far from everything. It was a long walk to the lobby and to the bus stop and to the car! We also didn't like being on the 2nd floor as AB buildings dont have any elevators, so we had to drag our double stroller up and down the stairs.

I think room location is critical at POR. I'd request a building close to the main lobby, like 14, 15, 16, OR 18 and ground floor if the stairs would be an issue for you. Looking back, we should have asked to change our room...it would have made for a much better stay. I don't think a water view is too important since you don't have a balcony, but I think a better room location will make for a much better trip!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter