POR Rooms

Pinkgirly

Mouseketeer
How is the noise at the POR? We are thinking of staying there for our Dec trip and I was wondering if you hear a lot of noise from outside/other rooms, and if there is an area that is quiet? We have stayed in deluxe and values, but are considering a moderate for this trip. My youngest tends to be a light sleeper and I don't want her to get woken up from a noisy room. Thanks for any help!

I don't know if there is one particular area that is quieter then others, but I find the whole resort to be quiet and tranquil in general. I've never heard noise from outside my room or people in rooms around us.

I would just avoid rooms facing any of the pools.

We heard a couple people coming back to their room at night, but nothing overly disruptive.

We have stayed several times and haven't had any problems with noise. We usually bring a sound machine set to white noise or ocean, but we do that whenever we are in a hotel so we can move around the room once the kids are asleep. That may be a good idea for you if you are concerned about noise.

Thank you for the replies! We usually bring a sound machine too since the girls are used to sleeping with one at home. Sounds like we will probably be staying at POR.

Thank you for the replies! We usually bring a sound machine too since the girls are used to sleeping with one at home. Sounds like we will probably be staying at POR.

I am staying there for the 4th time in Sept. It is a great resort and my favorite of the moderates. There is an entire thread for POR and two very helpful and knowledgeable people (Andrewilley and Venhomhatch) that check everyday and answer people's questions. You may want to check that out. The first page has a lot of FAQ. Touring plans can also let you know which rooms would probably be quieter than others.

We've stayed there twice and never heard anything from other rooms - one morning we heard loud kids running outside, but that could happen anywhere.

We've stayed there three times in the Alligator Bayou section. We've never had a problem with noise. It is a very tranquil resort!

We stayed there for 7 nights and it was great. We went in a busier time and were happy to find that it was one of the more quieter resorts we've ever stayed. We stayed in the mansions and were very impressed.

I have never noticed any bothersome noise. We found it to be calm and enjoyable! We will be there for the 3rd time the first week of December! Can't wait! you cant go wrong with POR IMHO!!

Just stayed for 8 days. Not a sound. We were in RR in the 9200 section. We has a corner room and did not see or hear anyone. Loved the resort.

Same here - it was very quiet while we were there last May. Stayed in preferred section of Alligator Bayou which turned out great - we were really close to bus stop, restaurants and the main pool. Even though we were close to activity, we didn't notice any noise. That was our first time at POR, and we'll probably choose it again for our next trip, very satisfied.

DH and I have stayed both in the regular mansion buildings as well as the Royal Room mansion buildings. We did not have any noise problems during either trip! You would have thought that the Royal Rooms would be loud since they are definitely geared more towards younger kids, but they weren't! :worship:

Try to request a room without a connecting door. The noisiest rooms we've had at any resort were those that had them.

Now I'm getting excited about staying there! I will check out the POR thread. Thank you for the advice about the connecting rooms. I didn't know you could ask for a non connecting room.

I don't know if there is one particular area that is quieter then others, but I find the whole resort to be quiet and tranquil in general. I've never heard noise from outside my room or people in rooms around us. I would just avoid rooms facing any of the pools.
I agree.... Have stayed at POFQ more than any other resort, since the year it opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter