POR unavailable w/code... Expedia has it though...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Hi.

We are currently booked on 10/11-10/12 at AKL Concierge. DH thinks too much $$$ ($279/night) since we aren't checking in until 11:00pm that first night. He doesn't think we can get our "money" out of it since we can't take advantage of it the first day.

He wants to switch to POR (we have 5 plus a baby) in the alligator bayou section. I called CRO and they are full... next best advice is POLY at $199 night plus tax. I would save $166 over AKL Concierge but probably spend that anyways on food that day!

Expedia has POR listed as available with 3 adults and 2 children 6 and 4. How does this work? Did they purchase these rooms from Disney? Has anyone used them and feel confident about it?

Any advice? I was originally excited about AKL Concierge but now I only feel guilty... need some help here.

Thanks!

Karen :rolleyes:

zakatak,

I too was thinking of akl concierge. currently have 2 savannah rooms booked. people have said they make up the difference in room rate on the food. do you think this is true?

OK... I'm talking to myself now...

Just called Expedia. They said that if it comes up with that many adults, then book it. However, in the fine print, it says that this room is guarenteed to accomodate only 2 adults and to check with the hotel directly to see if they can accomodate more. So I called POR and they had no idea what I was talking about. :rolleyes: They said to call CRO and check availability. So it seems I am going around in a circle.

Moral of the story... Someone/something wants me to stay at AKL that weekend. ;)

Anyone have any ideas?

Have a nice day.

Karen :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you're flying in just get 2 rooms in one of the hotels near the airport (you can use PL), if you're driving in it might be just as easy

Lizzie,

I am going to try and make it worth the extra $$!! We will eat everything in site!! lol!!

We are staying at the Marriott Grande Vista from the 12th to 19th and are flying in late Thursday night to save airline cost... ha! We need to stay on property to take advantage of the disney transportation as our relatives are flying in on Saturday and renting the van for the Marriott.

I am "stuck" with AKL concierge... ha! I guess there could be worse problems but now I am only thinking I messed up by not booking POR on Monday... thinking too big. Well, I just need to sell $618 worth of stuff on EBAY... stuff I would have given away... to pay for AKL.

I need to step back from this mess for a few weeks. I have tried everyone this morning, expedia, AAA, CRO... ugh. 3 hours of trying to get POR...

"Step away from the computer... step away from the phone... go on Adventure Wednesday!!"

OK. Lizzie, check back in! I think that if you get a good deal on concierge you should do it, it is food, drinks, help... we are definately doing it next July 4- 13th. Will you be there then?

Karen :confused:

Zakatak,

we will be there May 9-18. i would love to do concierge, but with 2 rooms that will be hard. i see so many people doing it and figure why can't I.

We'll see what happens when the rates for May come out.

With two rooms, it would be hard... they do hold 5 people and a baby, though.

I am happy to be staying there. I do love AKL alot!

Have fun planning! Have you eaten at BOMA yet?

Karen

This will be our first trip to AKL. Looking forward to eating at Boma.

You were me last year. 5 plus a baby. We stayed at POR with trundle and crib. It was tight. This year my mother in law is coming with us, so I have to do 2 rooms, especially since my two youngest will be 4 and 2. Can't get away with POR anymore. Besides with such good rates, can't pass up going deluxe. I currently have 2 rooms booked for $315 each (ouch). Can't wait for those May codes

Hi Zakatak! Don't give up on POR. Those that booked POR with a code on Monday(the 22nd) must have their deposit in by Aug. 5 or their room will go back into the system. I would check on that day and also early the next morning. I am sure something will come up for you, but keep your reservation at AKL for now to be safe.
I can't understand why people pay for the concierage service. I just can't justify that amount of money for a hotel when most guests spend their time in the parks. Please take no offense just my opinion. Good luck with whatever room you take. Have fun!:D

There is no way you can fit 5 plus a baby in PO - riverside. It is tight with 5. Go for two rooms at the All Star or a room at one of the deluxes.

We had 5 plus a baby in POR, with hotel approval.

It is tight, but you can do it. For the amount of time we were in the room, it worked out fine.

DD and DS in one bed, DH and myself in another, DS in trundle and baby either in crib or in bed with me.

We also stayed POR with 5 plus baby. It is tight. However, we spet pretty much no time in the room, just to sleep. And my kids were so tired it didnt matter to them. The only thing I couldnt stand, is the sinks being outside the bathroom! My 2Yo thought this was a great toy!!!

But never ended up staying there because we were switched to AKL (9/11 closures). I still thought we were cramped in the deluxe room at AKL... but, unless we want to go with a villa or suite, we are stuck being cramped. We did get a great rate on the Marriott Grande Vista 2 bedroom villa for the following week, and even though it is OFF SITE :-)rolleyes: ) I hope that we enjoy our stay!

AKL is a great resort!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter