POR vs. Pop advice please:)

liljunebugs123

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are going to WDW in Jan. staying at POR. This will be our 3rd time going as a fam and our dd's princess: 1st visit. We are a family of 5. DS's are 9 & 7. We've stayed at Pop in the past and it was ok. Am I going to be happy with POR?? Obviously a deluxe would be nicer lol, but not in the budget. So are the rooms at POR a little bigger? Thanks!

We were a value family untill DD turned 3, making us a party of 5. We loved POR other than some bus issues. The rooms did seem bigger I'm not sure how much, but they have queen beds instead of doubles. The pool has a slide, a huge plus for kids. The biggest plus for POR for us.. The rooms were much quieter than values. But, we miss the crazy Disney themes at values and I am one of the few who actually liked the bus "lines" at the values, rather than tons of people huddled under the covered stop then everyone pushing to the front to get on. You will like POR, I am guessing since you said POP was just OK, and you obviously wanted to take a step up. Its nice, we are going back for 10 days in spring. Its definitely quieter and more relaxing.

My daughters (ages 12,11 & 9) and stayed at POP 3 times and really enjoyed it. But with the Free Dining Offer we stayed at POR this past September. Yes, it was spacious, yes it was quiet, yes it was dull. We disliked it so much I requested to be switched to Art of Animation. Now THAT was fantastic! If you like the colorful energy of POP you should stay at POP or AoA.

Never stayed at Pop but have stayed at Sports - Far and Away I like POR more. The food court is great (especially make your own pasta - yummy), the added convenience of the boats to DTD and the more relaxed feel. If you want the in your face icons of the values you won't find that, but I think you will love POR.

We haven't ever had bus issues at POR and with 4 stops at the resort, you aren't usually super far from your room.

Enjoy!

We have stayed at POP for 2 nights o 3 different visits our kids loved the following:

Arcade w/tickets
Colorful resort
Shop/Store
TV in food court
Ping Pong Table

Things my husband & I didn't like:
Bring your own towels to pool
No Hot Tub
Distance from MK

We have stayed at POR for 10 nights and loved it also.

Kids loved:
Surrey Bikes
Pole Fishing
Slide in pool at big pool
Warm smaller Quiet Pool
Carriage Rides
GREAT Food Court

My husband & I love POR - Aligator Bayou side
Lush and relaxing
Towels at big pool (sometimes the quiet pool can be out)
Hot Tub
10 minutes from any park
Boat ride to downtown Disney

Both resorts are great. I will say my kids would love either resort but POR can be a little more relaxing.

Enjoy your stay!

We've stayed at All stars, Caribbean Beach, and POR. POR is our favorite and we'll be going back again in Jan 2013! :cool1:

One of the Things we have appreciated at the mods is having two sinks and mirrors to get ready. Our last stay at POR we had 2 adults and 3 teanagers and we couldn't have survived with the extra sink...lol

It is a big resort, but the landscaping is so nice with lots of shade that we actually enjoy just walking around the resort to relax, or down to POFQ to check it out. The younger ones might enjoy the big and brightly colored themes at the value's, but we definitely found POR to be more relaxing.

We tried POR Dec 11. It felt too cramped for our family of 5 at the time. (We had DD7, DD7, & DS5 at the time.) We did like the two sinks in the vanity and the slightly larger bathroom area, but didn't notice the room being bigger anywhere else. I don't think the sq footage is that much different than values.

We've not been to POP but are trying for first time in Feb 13. We often stay at All Stars in 2 rooms. Cheaper than suite but gives us 4 beds and 2 bathrooms.

Have stayed 3 times at POR and my family has loved it each time. Great surroundings , nice main pool, much nicer food area including main restaurant.POP and AS hotels just too crowded always and NOISY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter