Port arrival and boarding number changed

Rallard21

Earning My Ears
Did this happen to anyone else. Checked in was given 11:00-11:15 boarding group 2. Now says 11:15-11:30 boarding group 4.

Same here. My guess is it had to do the a change in schedule for the resort bus. (Or at least in my case)

When was your online check-in? I think it was a couple of weeks ago that Pearl CC folks started noticing an automatic early PAT/boarding group. That likely pushes the resort bus group a little later, depending on how many Pearl on each cruise.

When was your online check-in? I think it was a couple of weeks ago that Pearl CC folks started noticing an automatic early PAT/boarding group. That likely pushes the resort bus group a little later, depending on how many Pearl on each cruise.
Ahhh. This might be it. Check in was like three weeks ago.

Did this happen to anyone else. Checked in was given 11:00-11:15 boarding group 2. Now says 11:15-11:30 boarding group 4.
When is your cruise? I just checked in on the 28th so nothing has changed for us. Also how are you arriving to the port? We are driving. I do think the Pearl change could have something to do with it. I believe if using Disney transportation they ignore the port arrival times but you would still need to secure a PAT at check in.

Yup, same for us, for August 14th Wish sailing. Makes little difference as we're using DCL transport from the Beach Club.

I believe if using Disney transportation they ignore the port arrival times but you would still need to secure a PAT at check in.
Only if taking DCL transfers from MCO.

Those on DCL transfers from a WDW resort or Hyatt MCO do not select a PAT and the boarding group is automatically assigned.

Me, too. At least check in was easy.
I am guessing that DCL is blocking the 11:00-12:00 PATs - so 12:00 is currently the earliest PAT.

At midnight, all PATs from 12:00 through 3:15 were available. I just checked again, 12 hours later, and all PATs from 12:00 through 3:15 remain available.

Even if the Pearl members must select a PAT, would they all select a 11:00 to 12:00 PAT - but even more unlikely, are there ~250 cabins (1,250 staterooms / 5 hours) that were booked by Pearl members for this particular cruise?

Last edited:
So with all of these Platinum PATS ending up later than sooner, if not using Disney Transportation are they turning people away if they arrive early or just making them wait outside until their PAT time? On our last cruise this past September we dropped off luggage and parked and no one checked our PAT time until we got to the terminal entrance.

I’m a Pearl and now when I check my pat a screen pops up and says I can arrive whenever I want and board at my leisure. But I did get a pat with 11am pat and BG 2. When I did checkin I originally got 11:45am with a BG of 8. So a lot of adjustments occurring now.

So with all of these Platinum PATS ending up later than sooner, if not using Disney Transportation are they turning people away if they arrive early or just making them wait outside until their PAT time? On our last cruise this past September we dropped off luggage and parked and no one checked our PAT time until we got to the terminal entrance.
There are now line lanes at the terminal entrance to enter the building. There’s no monitoring of arrivals. Hey we’re making you choose your lane to line up by pat. This was 2 weeks ago for our July 13 cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter