• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Arrival Time

RobJoubert

Earning My Ears
When we checked in using the Online Check-In, we selected (and were given) a port arrival time of 12:30 pm. Can we go to the terminal building earlier than that, or are they quite stringent on the allocated arrival time?

You can get there earlier, but you will just stand in line until it's your turn to go in. They have queues set up in 15 min increments. You can drop your luggage and go to the garage before your PAT however.

Adding to the original question because I've heard that there is a time in the day where they let you in regardless of the time you have.....We got a late BG because we booked really close in. Our time is at 1:45-2. With it being THAT late in the day is it likely to get on the ship earlier? Trying to figure out what time to leave for the port (we live in South Florida and need to drive to Port Canaveral).

Adding to the original question because I've heard that there is a time in the day where they let you in regardless of the time you have.....We got a late BG because we booked really close in. Our time is at 1:45-2. With it being THAT late in the day is it likely to get on the ship earlier? Trying to figure out what time to leave for the port (we live in South Florida and need to drive to Port Canaveral).
Not an official answer here, but I would aim for being in the parking garage and heading into the Terminal around 1:30 - with an expectation that it will be General Boarding. No guarantee that the line won’t still exist for the check-in or that you won’t stand in line.

When we checked in using the Online Check-In, we selected (and were given) a port arrival time of 12:30 pm. Can we go to the terminal building earlier than that, or are they quite stringent on the allocated arrival time?
Port Arrival Time is really the time you should arrive at port. As others said, you can arrive early, but you might have to wait outside until your PAT.

One clarification point: are you sailing out of Port Canaveral or Miami? If you're out of NOLA, or San Diego, or even Vancouver, they don't seem to be as stringent on the PAT as PC or Miami. Even then, Miami isn't as tight as PC. We've not sailed out of the new Port Everglades terminal yet, so nothing to say until we go in September.

One clarification point: are you sailing out of Port Canaveral or Miami? If you're out of NOLA, or San Diego, or even Vancouver, they don't seem to be as stringent on the PAT as PC or Miami. Even then, Miami isn't as tight as PC. We've not sailed out of the new Port Everglades terminal yet, so nothing to say until we go in September.
Port Canaveral so I'm anticipating them to be super strict. We will arrive close to our arrival time knowing that we may have to wait and will cross our fingers that they have already started Open Boarding by then.

No. You may not get the rock star parking, but you'll get a spot in the garage, or on the surface lot right next to it.

Always plenty of parking in the regular parking lot next to the parking garage. If the garage happened to be full.

For some reason, people on my xmas Wish cruise kept saying that parking was really hard to get at PC. It was our first time driving there; we usually get transport. However, everything I read said it was fine, except when they were doing covid testing in the garage during covid. Now, the line to drop off was bad, but it would have been bad for anything but the DCL bus.

I have another question about PAT. For my sailing the concierge guests were told they can check in from 12:00-4:15. I got a 12:15 from checking now and then and grabbing when it became available.

Is the 12:00 slot just for concierge or is there a possibility I can get a 12:00 if I keep checking?

We had a 12:15 PAT in December for our Fantasy cruise out of PC. We arrived around 12:00 and it was open boarding by 12:15.

We had a 12:15 PAT in December for our Fantasy cruise out of PC. We arrived around 12:00 and it was open boarding by 12:15.
Does open board mean everyone was allowed to check at 12:15? Or that you were boarding at12:15?

I have another question about PAT. For my sailing the concierge guests were told they can check in from 12:00-4:15. I got a 12:15 from checking now and then and grabbing when it became available.

Is the 12:00 slot just for concierge or is there a possibility I can get a 12:00 if I keep checking?
There's a possibility you could get a 12:00. Pretty slim, but yes, technically a chance. 12:15 actually sounds pretty good, if concierge aren't allowed to arrive until 12:00.

Does open board mean everyone was allowed to check at 12:15? Or that you were boarding at12:15?
Open boarding means that you can board the ship pretty much as soon as you arrive; they're not calling specific boarding groups anymore.

If your cruise's first PAT is 12:00pm, though, I wouldn't bank on this timing. This is more the 'usual' timing for PATs that start around 10:30am. But if your first PAT is 12:00pm, they're not going to be calling open boarding at 12:15; that's way too soon.

Open boarding means that you can board the ship pretty much as soon as you arrive; they're not calling specific boarding groups anymore.

If your cruise's first PAT is 12:00pm, though, I wouldn't bank on this timing. This is more the 'usual' timing for PATs that start around 10:30am. But if your first PAT is 12:00pm, they're not going to be calling open boarding at 12:15; that's way too soon.
I found a thread where someone on my sailing got group 2 and their time was 11:15. Would that mean group 1 is at 11?? if so, then open boarding...."could" be around 12:30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter