Port Canaveral this morning

They are in port so the crew can go home. Now, here's my question. Does that mean no cruising until August/September? or longer?

Makes my heart happy and sad at the same time. We are supposed to sail on the Disney Magic in November to complete our Grand Slam prior to new ships entering the Disney Fleet. This trip is to be the celebration of both daughters graduating from college with their nursing degrees. Hoping for some pixie dust this happens. *sigh*

Last edited:
They are in port so the crew can go home. Now, here's my question. Does that mean no cruising until August/September? or longer?
That is a good question. I have been following the Captain of the Celebrity Edge on Instagram and they are also getting workers to their home countries as they can. Currently, that ship has a little over 1000 crew on board. She said the minimum crew needed is 150. So many ships anchored off the coast of the Bahamas (Coco Cay) and they tender workers to other ships that I guess are making transports for chartered flights home. It's sad but interesting to me, but I am happy the crew can get back to their own countries.
For those on Instagram her name is captainkatemccue if interested.

Last edited:

of course!!

like I said on the other thread. A lot of states are preparing for kids to not be at school full time this fall.

school will be back in session full time before people are going on cruises.

They're shifting crew on the ships, apparently the Dream is going to sail to Mexico to repatriate Mexican and Central American crew members, the Magic is slated to sail to Europe to drop off crew there for repatriation in and around there, then she'll be going into Dry Dock for a few weeks or more before returning possibly on the WBTA if operations have resumed by then.

They're shifting crew on the ships, apparently the Dream is going to sail to Mexico to repatriate Mexican and Central American crew members, the Magic is slated to sail to Europe to drop off crew there for repatriation in and around there, then she'll be going into Dry Dock for a few weeks or more before returning possibly on the WBTA if operations have resumed by then.

do you know if they had some crew from The wonder fly in. Also if the Asian crew will be flying to San Diego to go on the wonder and have have the wonder go to Asia to drop off crew?

So if they’ve resorted to sailing around dropping crew off in 1910 style, I’m worried about how quickly they’ll be able to get crew back. Especially places like Europe that have been so particular about sealing their borders. I know the WBTA is awhile from now, but having thousands of crew fly in from Asia, S America, and N America seems like a huge undertaking given where those countries are now. That said if they aren’t accepting American tourists by then, I guess the WBTA is a moot point.

Actually sailing the world to repatriate crew members seems to show how drastic international travel has locked down.

Interesting to see the 3 ships together.

I am surprised that they are still in the process of getting the crew back home. Haven’t been following closely, but it really has been a while since cruises stopped.

Hope cruises resume quickly and safely. We were glad to be on our first Disney Dream cruise last May. It was a lovely experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter