Port Everglades Hotel suggestions

MommyCMickey

Mouseketeer
Cruising on the Dream.... not familiar at all with the area in Fort Lauderdale. Will only be arriving the day before (driving), what's the best hotel option near the port? Don't need a shuttle to the port because we'll be parking there.

Curious to hear other suggestions. We do not sail until May but right now we are planning to stay at the Fairfield Inn Las Olas Blvd. we are also considering the Dania pointe area that has several hotels. We are flying in 2 days early so will have a full day to kill.

We're booked at the Marriott Harbour Beach Resort. I also considered the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Marina.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully we made a good decision, it's only a one night stay but want to be safe and comfortable. We ended up just making a reservation at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port. Reviews on google said it's in walking distance of tons of restaurants and since we'll be getting in and only spending one day we at least want to have a decent meal. They also have free breakfast so that was pretty much the determining factor.

For my cruise next year I am staying at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel. Part of Marriott. Got to use those hotel points somehow now. :)

I am still undecided. It seems anything affordable gets very mixed reviews. The places I'd like to stay all cost $600+.
We're flying in the day before our March cruise and just need something very clean and in a safe area, preferably close to the port.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Airport South before our cruise at the end of January. The rate was decent and had a flexible cancellation policy. We are arriving around dinner time and don't need anything too fancy for one night. The plan is to uber to the port, looks to be a 10-14 min drive. I can report back if anyone's interested.

I booked the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port & Convention Center. It's not luxurious but it was a stellar deal. :cloud9:

$348+tax for non-refundable AAA rate
$369+tax for refundable AAA
or
33276 Chase Ultimate Reward points for non-refundable
36,973 Chase Ultimate Reward points for refundable
or
15,000 Hyatt member points

So I transferred 15,000 Chase points to my Hyatt account and booked a Hyatt award stay. :thumbsup2 :shamrock: :banana::woohoo:

If you're driving, remember you don't have to stay AT Ft Lauderdale. There may be cheaper/better value hotels a little farther up the road. When we cruise out of Port Canaveral we usually stay in Daytona or Titusville, depending on whether we want to be on the beach or not.

In Ft Lauderdale last year I stayed at the Embassy Suites 17th Street -- it is very popular with cruisers but is in need of renovation. It's very dated and worn in places. The location is very convenient with a Publix and restaurants next door, and it's around the corner from the port. Uber to the port was cheap and quick.

A different time we stayed at Bahia Mar Resort (Hilton), which is on the beach. I don't know that I would stay there again. It was fine but not spectacular for the price -- resort fees, parking fees, breakfast not included. All that.

One of the people killed in Maine recently was the son of the architect for the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale- both dad and the son were friends and neighbors.

My hotels of choice are the Riverside on Las Olas and Lago Mar on the beach (not Mar-a-Lago). The Riverside is in the heart of Lauderdale and the center of attention. Plenty to fo and piles of restaurant. Water taxi stop. The tower rooms are great-the old section, less so. Lago Mar is a family-owned hotel on the beach. Go for the beach, not the dining. Having a car will definitely be a benefit come dinnertime.

If you're driving, remember you don't have to stay AT Ft Lauderdale. There may be cheaper/better value hotels a little farther up the road. When we cruise out of Port Canaveral we usually stay in Daytona or Titusville, depending on whether we want to be on the beach or not.

In Ft Lauderdale last year I stayed at the Embassy Suites 17th Street -- it is very popular with cruisers but is in need of renovation. It's very dated and worn in places. The location is very convenient with a Publix and restaurants next door, and it's around the corner from the port. Uber to the port was cheap and quick.

A different time we stayed at Bahia Mar Resort (Hilton), which is on the beach. I don't know that I would stay there again. It was fine but not spectacular for the price -- resort fees, parking fees, breakfast not included. All that.
I looked into that Embassy Suites, mostly for its great location and their hot breakfast options that are included. It gets very mixed reviews, with more negative than positive. When mulitple reviews mention large amounts of mold, that is an instant NO for me. Mold is one of my allergies. I get that it's south FL with high temps and humidity, but bleach kills mold so they're not making enough of an effort to clean if it's growing rampantly. Also dehumidifiers, in addition to AC, can help combat it.

We stayed at the Element Fort Lauderdale Downtown for the night before a cruise this august. No complaints, I would stay there again. We took Uber from airport and then the port. Not walking distance to beach, we did not go. Walked to a pizza place and speakeasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter