Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, reading through this thread has me excited for our upcoming stay at PO. I have never had a beignet, cant wait to try one!

The only rooms available with the discount were standard view rooms. Does anyone know what building those rooms are likely to be in?

Any except 2, 5 and 6, as those three buildings don't face outwards toward any parking lots. There are a few 'restricted-view' rooms in other areas which count as standard too (e.g. where a stairwell obstructs a view).

Andre

Any except 2, 5 and 6, as those three buildings don't face outwards toward any parking lots. There are a few 'restricted-view' rooms in other areas which count as standard too (e.g. where a stairwell obstructs a view).

Andre

Last September we were in room 3119, building 3 and it was standard view. Our view was of one of the Rues. It was in a great location.

T-Minus 42 hours!!! Just finishing up the last of some paperwork at the office and then I am officially ON VACATION:cool1: We fly into Orlando Thursday morning and check into FQ before lunch.....It's finally here::yes::

Last September we were in room 3119, building 3 and it was standard view. Our view was of one of the Rues. It was in a great location.

Don't forget that was prior to the introduction of the new Garden View category, which changes things a little. Your room would probably be classed as Garden View now.

Andre

I must have forgotten to change my ticker when we added our night/day.:confused3..oh well..WE LEAVE IN THE MORNING...... 5 DAYS/ 4 NIGHTS with NO KIDS............. I am beyond excited!!! :banana::woohoo:

We arrived at POFQ on March 24 and it was beautiful!

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

Wish I was there right now eating a beignet! It was an awesome first visit to this resort and we will be back!

Sydnerella's Mama

We are waiting to buy our MNSSHP tix until we arrive. Once we do arrive, though, can I just purchase these at the hotel front desk or is there somewhere else I need to go to do so?

TIA :goodvibes

We have purchased MNSSHP tix at the front desk at Pop Century before. It was very easy to do. :thumbsup2

Sydnerella's Mama those pics are so lovely!! We are leaving in 3 days and your pics made me so excited!! Thank you :thumbsup2

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

Wish I was there right now eating a beignet! It was an awesome first visit to this resort and we will be back!

Sydnerella's Mama

Oh what a wonderful site! Our first visit there will be in October...a really long five months away! Can't wait!! Thanks for the pics!

Emme and Carolina Blue,

OOOOHHHHHHH! :banana: I am very excited for you both, all of the anticipation beforehand is SO energizing and exciting!! Even through osmosis LOL. Arriving is so much fun - you are excited, staff is there for high fives and beads! It is great. The resort is lovely and quaint - a perfect compliment to the Disney Parks!

For me, walking around POFQ at anytime had a similar feeling to walking around Mainstreet or World Showcase before they are open (early ADRs) - you enjoy the beauty of the landscaping and interesting architecture around you without the interruption of crowds. :hippie: We stopped for the kids to roast marshmallows on our way to dine at Riverside FC one night - just chill and fun. Little moments like that, the pool party and the movies in the courtyard are different ways to enjoy the Disney Magic!

It is a really lovely resort. :lovestruc ENJOY!

Sydnerella's Mama

We have purchased MNSSHP tix at the front desk at Pop Century before. It was very easy to do. :thumbsup2

Thank you, thank you for the info! :flower3:

DH just doesn't want to take a chance of it raining on us - he'd rather take the chance of not getting tix than getting rained on.

As a side note ... 131 DAYS! :cool1: Won't be long and I'll be doing the double digit dance ::yes:: So great to see the pics of FQ - the courtyard is beautiful!

Thanks, Sydnerella!

This will be our 6th stay, but our first in two years. I can't wait to see the rooms. They look so pretty and it will be great to have the queen-size beds.

Just got back from a week at POFQ. We loved it. The only negative was my ds6 called the food court the "creepy restaurant" :) We were in building 6 ground floor facing the rue. Great location convienent to the busses, food court and pool. Big plus was the 4 yes 4 towel animals mousekeeping left my kids
DSCN2813.jpg

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

Sydnerella's Mama
Beautiful pictures! :)

What is in the buildings on the sides?

Thanks, it's the scene that makes it pretty.
Top pic, looking back at courtyard - on the left is Jackson Square gift shop. On the right is the Sassagoula counter service restauant - notice the outdoor seating on the right edge under the overhang. Nice place for messy powdered sugar beignets!
Sydnerella's Mama

Just got back from a week at POFQ. We loved it. The only negative was my ds6 called the food court the "creepy restaurant" :) We were in building 6 ground floor facing the rue. Great location convienent to the busses, food court and pool. Big plus was the 4 yes 4 towel animals mousekeeping left my kids
DSCN2813.jpg
Those r awesome!! FUN! We only had an arrival aniimal in 7 nights. But one day all stuffed animals were arranged especially cute. I even left tips on a few days (4)... owell it was still awesome to stay there!

Thank you, thank you for the info! :flower3:

DH just doesn't want to take a chance of it raining on us - he'd rather take the chance of not getting tix than getting rained on.

As a side note ... 131 DAYS! :cool1: Won't be long and I'll be doing the double digit dance ::yes:: So great to see the pics of FQ - the courtyard is beautiful!

On our last trip, we too wanted to be sure it wouldn't be rainy on our party night. So we bought our tix the night before our party date so we knew what the weather would be BUT also could still get the discount for buying at least a day ahead of time. It was just me and DD5 going so we saved about $12 i think but still it was more $$ in my pocket. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter