Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Is an AB second floor a reasonable request? We have paid for a bayou/greenery view, and this will be our first time at POR. After looking at pictures, I think the alligator bayou decor looks like fun, and it seems a second floor room would be a bit more private if you'd like to keep your curtains open during the day. Am I wrong? Would this be a hard thing to request? Is there anything else I might request within reason that would have us in a good location?

Is an AB second floor a reasonable request? We have paid for a bayou/greenery view, and this will be our first time at POR. After looking at pictures, I think the alligator bayou decor looks like fun, and it seems a second floor room would be a bit more private if you'd like to keep your curtains open during the day. Am I wrong? Would this be a hard thing to request? Is there anything else I might request within reason that would have us in a good location?
Yes, 100%! I found the staff at Riverside to be incredibly accommodating. We ended up in a Royal room which was super fun and a complete surprise. I found the 2nd floor to still be quite busy, there were many people passing by though it was peaceful at night. I would suggest requesting that you are close to a bus stop as well.

A few construction update photos from yesterday, for more see http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php.

Currently the expectation is for work to be completed by the end of February - at least they've laid some of the concrete now anyway, but still working on the plumbing.

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20160131-124721_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20160131-124703_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20160131-124715_forum.jpg

Andre

Thanks so much for creating this thread! I have a reservation coming up soon, and I have a couple of questions about making requests. I originally booked three nights through orbitz, and then was able to add another three nights to my vacation. However, I had to add the last three nights as a separate reservation, so now I have two back to back reservations at POR. I'd love it if we could be kept in the same room and wouldn't have to move. What's the best way of asking about this in the fax I'll send? And, should I call orbitz and have them link the two reservations in their system?

Also, we really loved the room we were assigned last year. Should I mention the room we had, and explain why we liked it, in hopes of getting it or a similarly located room? I just wasn't sure if it would be too much to request in top of the request to stay in the same room.

Thanks!

That all sounds perfectly reasonable. If Orbitz can link your reservations with Disney that's great, but anyway send a fax 3-5 days before your arrival date giving both of your booking numbers and letting them know your requests. Prioritise continuing room first, and then mention where you were before & why you liked it, and ask if they could find you somewhere in that area.

Andre

We have reservations at PO-R in September for preferred rooms. I called Disney today to see about putting a special request on the reservations about where we would like to stay on property. To my surprise a CM told me I had already done this (I am getting old and forgetful, I guess). My request was for building 14 around room 6111.

I am trying to determine why I picked building 14 and better yet I am trying to determine where exactly is room 6111. I assume room 6111 is on the first floor, but where? I need your opinion where would you suggest to stay within the preferred room area?

We have reservations at PO-R in September for preferred rooms. I called Disney today to see about putting a special request on the reservations about where we would like to stay on property. To my surprise a CM told me I had already done this (I am getting old and forgetful, I guess). My request was for building 14 around room 6111.

I am trying to determine why I picked building 14 and better yet I am trying to determine where exactly is room 6111. I assume room 6111 is on the first floor, but where? I need your opinion where would you suggest to stay within the preferred room area?

Building 14 is the closest building to the main building at POR, but there is no room 6111 there (there is though a room 6111 at POFQ.) On the map here, you can click on a building to see what room numbers are where:

http://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php

very excited, our trip begins next week! we have 5 adults + a river view room, that means we will be in AB building 38 yes? just preparing my request now!

I may have missed it, and remember having known this information in the past, but generally which day was it that room assigners work on the room assignments? I seem to believe it was Mondays. I am writing up my fax to have it ready. I know to send it 7-10 days prior to arrival and we are arriving on a Wednesday. Just trying to figure out if sending the Monday prior (as in 3 days prior to arrival) is waiting to long, or sending it 9 days out would be better, or even if somewhere in between would be best.

They work on room assignments every day, but no further than 5 days out from the guest's arrival date. Faxing about 3-5 days before arrival is generally the best time frame.

Andre

My family and I will be staying at POR. We arrive on 5/16. We booked a Royal Room with Garden View. For mobility reasons I am planning on requesting a ground floor corner room. My wife and I are also celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. I was going to put that all in my fax. Do you think I am asking for too much? I think I will fax it on Tueday which is 5 days beforE.

For mobility reasons I am planning on requesting a ground floor corner room. My wife and I are also celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. I was going to put that all in my fax. Do you think I am asking for too much?

You are only asking for a ground floor corner room, that's one of the shortest requests I've seen! You are definitely not overdoing it.

Andre

Faxed over my request yesterday morning for my arrival on Monday. Hopefully I receive some of the pixie dust and get my simple requested items.

Packing and getting ready to leave in about 8hrs for our 16hr trip by car to POR. Let the excitement begin.... Hopefully we get our room requests and the weather is awesome while we are there.

I'll be staying at the POFQ in September. It will be a solo trip. I already did the online check-in with my only request for a corner room. I am booked for a garden view room. Since it will be just me, I will just need one bed as I find having another bed just takes up space. Do you think it would be a reasonable request to request a room with a single King Bed? I understand a king bed room is a booked category at the POFQ. Is it worth a try to request one when I do my faxed request later?

I am going to stay at POR in January and I am thinking about using a TA. I heard that if you use a TA you would not be able to fax in your request. Is that true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter