Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a garden room booked at the end of Jan, we really need Queen beds (due to hubby's height), what are our chances? I booked the garden room online with a description saying "two queen beds" so that is why I booked POR over a double bed resort.... so I hope we get one!

Char

I have a garden room booked at the end of Jan, we really need Queen beds (due to hubby's height), what are our chances? I booked the garden room online with a description saying "two queen beds" so that is why I booked POR over a double bed resort.... so I hope we get one!

Char

Exactly this. If it says 2 queen beds in the description then that's what I'm expecting. We'll be there on May 29th. I requested something in the mansions, either Magnolia Terrace or Oak Manor, but any mansion room with 2 queen beds will do :)

Hey Andre or anyone. The corner view rooms like the river corners, do they have two queen options of those rooms? Or are they king beds? A friend just asked me and I had a amnesia moment. Lol.

Char

I would strongly urge you to call and have them add a request to your reservation for a refurbed room. I think it would be even more helpful to suggest what building you would like. I don't know if you are preferring Alligator Bayou or the Mansions but Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace have been refurbed in the Mansion section and buildings 36, 37, 38 and preferred building 14 have been refurbed in AB. Obviously there's no guarantee that you'll get it but at the end of January, your chances are very good. The request ups your chances even more! :thumbsup2

But in the case of royal rooms they are all queens right?

Given that there will be no Royal rooms with King beds at all, I'd say thay would be a safe bet, yes.

Actually, it seems kinda strange to have 'Royal Rooms' that Kings aren't allowed in...:rotfl:

Andre

Given that there will be no Royal rooms with King beds at all, I'd say thay would be a safe bet, yes.

Actually, it seems kinda strange to have 'Royal Rooms' that Kings aren't allowed in...:rotfl:

Andre

That is funny, I didnt think about that, but I showed it to my family just now what you said and we all got a good chuckle.

Planning a trip in November 2012 and I love the Royal Guest Room and know my daughter will too. My only concern is the location and the travel time on bus to the Magic Kingdom and the other parks. We usually stay at a resort that's on the Monorail line. I was thinking we could take a bus to Epcot and then the Monorail to MK or is a bus straight to MK faster? How about the bus trips to the other parks?

Thanks in advance for any help! :goodvibes

~Anna

We will be checking in to POR next Saturday. I booked our room in August and the only category that was available was garden view ( 2 queen beds ) When i paid in full I received a confirmation confirming POR, 2 double beds and a trundle standard view. I called Disney and they said it was a mistake that they had me down as garden view and that they had a request in for ground floor close to Riverside Mill food court due to medical issues. (my ds has CP).

We had the same request last September and paid for a preferred room. I spoke to a CM that handled special needs and was assured that we would have a room on the first floor in a preferred building. I was relieved because after a long flight I did not want to deal with my ds having a melt down,
When we checked in they had assigned us a room in building 85 facing the parking lot and near the east depot on the second floor. I told the CM this would not do as I had paid for a preferred room and needed a first floor room due to medical reasons. She said this was the only room available. I asked to speak to the manager who said she would check into what was available. It took her about 45 minutes playing on the computer to find us a room in BLDG 27 on the first floor. I was pleased as we have stayed in the same BLDG for the past 4 trips.

This trip since they had no preferred buildings available when I booked let's see where we will end up.
From my experience I have talked to many cm's who have no idea about any of the disney properties, Some have never stayed on property and are not even in Orlando.
I don't think you talk to the front desk even if you call from your room at POR.

There are 2 buildings for the royal rooms- which would you recommend based on proximity to recreation and dining?

There are 2 buildings for the royal rooms- which would you recommend based on proximity to recreation and dining?

In looking at a map of the property (I haven't stayed here yet---upcoming trip in May) it looks like those 2 mansions are right next to each other and both fairly close to the main building.

I just found the map, thinking Oak manor might be a good location. Stayed in Parterre years ago so it will be nice to try a different building. Now for a room question- looking to book a water view, not sure if I want pool view or river view? Will river view be quieter than pool view and will noise from main pool be a factor in either of those buildings due to proximity? Torn between a pretty view and quiet, is both possible?!

I just found the map, thinking Magnolia might be a good location. Now for a room question- looking to book a water view, not sure if I want pool view or river view? Will river view be quieter than pool view and will noise from main pool be a factor in either of those buildings due to proximity? Torn between a pretty view and quiet!

I found that river view on second was considerably quieter than being near the pool.

Happy new year to all my friends on the new 2012 POR thread!

Hey Andre, great job on starting this new thread and thank you for all your hard work on the first page!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our Port Orleans Riverside friends!

And to start the year off properly, here's the brand new Recreation Activities Schedule for Port Orleans Riverside for January 2012. For a printable version and other archived copies, please see www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php.

POR-Rec-2012-01.jpg

Andre

Moving over to this thread :)

Hope to be in a Royal Room in 83 days--still a slight chance we might postpone until October, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter