Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! How do you get from POR to the waterparks? And is one easier to get to than the other? I should add we will be using the bus.

My DD6 and I are coming to stay in a RGR in April, and I am looking into spending one day at one of the waterparks.

Thank you!

Question for an Annual Passholder...

I already booked my vacation, but I am wondering if I can save money. Is there a discount for an AP holder for POR during the month of May? and if so, how much? I can't call an agent right now because I am at work and the Disney Website doesn't give specifics unless I sign in to an AP member page.

Thanks.

We arrived yesterday about 3:50 pm and got the exact room area requested. It was also super clean because I had mentioned my allergies in my fax. Andre, Venomhatch and David Elg - many thanks!

Wait of 30 minutes plus for MK from S depot at 8:40 am today. Mostly full buses were pulling up and no cast members present. Then a family group with 2 scooters came along and all in group received priority boarding.

MK crowds seem like a 7 or 8 to me. Even IASW became a 50 minute wait. We're sitting in the shade until time to head back to BTMRR with our FS.

Argentina schools are on holiday Feb. 1 - 15 this year. Still lots of tours and families.

Not sure when I'll have time to check back in here.

For anyone that is there, can you find out the going price for::confused3

milk, is it a 1/2 gallon and what %?
cans of pop, do they come in 6pk, 12pk or a case?
2 liter bottles of pop?
beer, is it in cans or bottles?

I'm trying to decide if I want to order from garden grocer or just buy from the store. I can haul breakfast stuff, but it's the liquids I can't haul on an airplane. :)

TIA!!!!!

What an amazing stay. We got home late Sunday night and I miss our room at Riverside (especially the Mousekeeping ;)) very much! We had a king bed corner room (AB room #2728) that was absolutely perfect. Close to everything. I will post pics from home tonight, but just wanted to thank Venom and Andre and everyone else again for all the help on this thread! We truly loved POR. What a beautiful resort!

czmom said:
Hi! How do you get from POR to the waterparks? And is one easier to get to than the other? I should add we will be using the bus.

My DD6 and I are coming to stay in a RGR in April, and I am looking into spending one day at one of the waterparks.

Thank you!

Typhoon Lagoon is the closest water park. It's pretty much right around the corner near DTD.

Question for an Annual Passholder...

I already booked my vacation, but I am wondering if I can save money. Is there a discount for an AP holder for POR during the month of May? and if so, how much? I can't call an agent right now because I am at work and the Disney Website doesn't give specifics unless I sign in to an AP member page.

Thanks.

Just checked out the AP page on the website and saw this

Passholders, plan a springtime getaway at Walt Disney World Resort and make the most of your Annual Pass! Book early—by March 31, 2013—and enjoy lower rates at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights April 2 through June 3, 2013.

For example, stay in a standard room at Disney's All-Star Music Resort starting at just $82 per night, plus tax for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights April 7 through May 30, 2013. Explore other great nightly rates, including weekends, available at select Disney Resort hotels.

The following sample prices are valid at these select Disney Resort hotels for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights April 7 through May 30, 2013:

and it does look like the month of May is available for POR it looks to be about a 30% discount

For anyone that is there, can you find out the going price for::confused3

milk, is it a 1/2 gallon and what %?
cans of pop, do they come in 6pk, 12pk or a case?
2 liter bottles of pop?
beer, is it in cans or bottles?

I'm trying to decide if I want to order from garden grocer or just buy from the store. I can haul breakfast stuff, but it's the liquids I can't haul on an airplane. :)

TIA!!!!!

Last year we did garden grocer, as I recall it was much cheaper than the options at Disney. Also, its awesome that it gets delivered to your room :)

Woohoo - just did online checkin! 23 days until we're back at POR!

I'm even almost done being mad over the fact that we paid our agent for garden and she booked us standard :headache:

Help!!!! I just went online to book a preferred room in AB because we are family of five, and there are no preferred rooms for the first two nights of our trip at the room only rate. What are the odds that if I booked the first two days with a Gardenview and the next six days with a preferred room that they would let us stay in the same room the entire time?

My husband just had knee surgery and we have 3 kids so a preferred room is first choice!!! Our dates are May 5-13 so maybe if I watch, rooms will open up from 5-7th.

They said we will have to check out/check in and that seems like a pain.

Thoughts??

Hey, ok, just had a similar situation, but on the other end. Tried to add 2 days at the end, King room, at the Spring promo rate, and none were available. I was put over to Guest services, and they made it happen. I would suggest either booking the dates you can, then calling to see if you can add the ones at the start. Or just calling in and trying to book via the phone...

Just checked out the AP page on the website and saw this

Passholders, plan a springtime getaway at Walt Disney World Resort and make the most of your Annual Pass! Book early—by March 31, 2013—and enjoy lower rates at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights April 2 through June 3, 2013.

For example, stay in a standard room at Disney's All-Star Music Resort starting at just $82 per night, plus tax for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights April 7 through May 30, 2013. Explore other great nightly rates, including weekends, available at select Disney Resort hotels.

The following sample prices are valid at these select Disney Resort hotels for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights April 7 through May 30, 2013:

and it does look like the month of May is available for POR it looks to be about a 30% discount

The price is the same as the Spring Promo ...

I called and asked and it would cost $400 more, because the APs are 400 more than a 10 day pass ...

Still thinking about our hypothetical next trip... Since our 2 year old will be at least 3 by the time we get back, if we stay at POR again we'll need to get 2 rooms. Ideally, we'll get connecting rooms so we can have the kids sleep in one room and the adults in the other room. Is there such a thing at POR as a king room connected to a room with 2 queen beds?

Thanks!!! I'm on hold now!! Turns out the preferred room is available at spring rate from 6-13th so it is just the first night of the 5th that isn't available for that rate. Good news is there is rooms....

germ539, we are at POR now. Borden whole milk half gallon is 2.95; 1 quart 2 percent is 2.45. Pop comes in 6 packs; missed getting price. 2 liters of Coke or Sprite are 3.50; 20 ounce bottles of pop are 2.59. Simply orange is available in 13.25 oz. and V-8 in 12 oz. 24 pack case of 12 oz. bottles of Dasani are 16.00. A few beers come in 6 packs; more variety, both cans & bottles are available individually. I think you can see the whole selection on page 1 of this thread or on portorleans.org.

If you would have at least a $40 order you might find it easier to order from Garden Grocer like I did. My base order of $41.41 came to $57.74 with delivery charge & tax added. ($14 delivery charge for orders under $200.)

Thanks!!! I'm on hold now!! Turns out the preferred room is available at spring rate from 6-13th so it is just the first night of the 5th that isn't available for that rate. Good news is there is rooms....

Sending pixie dust your way !!! I bet they can work this out for you !!!

germ539, we are at POR now. Borden whole milk half gallon is 2.95; 1 quart 2 percent is 2.45. Pop comes in 6 packs; missed getting price. 2 liters of Coke or Sprite are 3.50; 20 ounce bottles of pop are 2.59. Simply orange is available in 13.25 oz. and V-8 in 12 oz. 24 pack case of 12 oz. bottles of Dasani are 16.00. A few beers come in 6 packs; more variety, both cans & bottles are available individually. I think you can see the whole selection on page 1 of this thread or on portorleans.org.

If you would have at least a $40 order you might find it easier to order from Garden Grocer like I did. My base order of $41.41 came to $57.74 with delivery charge & tax added. ($14 delivery charge for orders under $200.)

Thanks for taking the time and looking for me, that kinda gives me an idea so I can put together what all we would need and see what the best thing to do for us. Hope you have a good time there.

Hi all,

We are booked at POR Royal Guest room from March 2-10!!! This trip we are bringing the grandparents are are really hoping for adjoining rooms. We have linked ressies through Disney but I was hoping you all would know what I could do to for our best chance at the adjoining rooms??? I know it's just a request but does sending a fax or calling the hotel directly help at all?

Thanks so much for your help!

Izzieheartscindy said:
Hi all,

We are booked at POR Royal Guest room from March 2-10!!! This trip we are bringing the grandparents are are really hoping for adjoining rooms. We have linked ressies through Disney but I was hoping you all would know what I could do to for our best chance at the adjoining rooms??? I know it's just a request but does sending a fax or calling the hotel directly help at all?

Thanks so much for your help!

I just called about five days before our arrival and requested adjoining rooms. I also asked for a location close to the south bus stop. We received connecting rooms in bldg 16. It was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter