Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
susansoares said:
Hello everyone! We are getting ready for our disneymoon in less than three weeks--sooo excited. We are staying at POR FQ. Any opinions on this resort?

Andre maintains another thread for POFQ, which is just as good as this one.

We are arriving on Oct 12 and staying for 8 nights. We have a garden view and I will be sending in a request in a few days. Any tips in which request would be best to get us the closest to the main area and bus stop? We stayed at POFQ last year in building 5 and it was so convenient. We are in the Royal Rooms as well. I was thinking Oak by the bridge, but I would love advice! Thanks all!

We are arriving on Oct 12 and staying for 8 nights. We have a garden view and I will be sending in a request in a few days. Any tips in which request would be best to get us the closest to the main area and bus stop? We stayed at POFQ last year in building 5 and it was so convenient. We are in the Royal Rooms as well. I was thinking Oak by the bridge, but I would love advice! Thanks all!

No, wait! I'm arriving on the 14th, RGR, garden view. I am gonna fax a request for Oak near the bridge...hope they don't give you my room! :rotfl:

summerlady said:
No, wait! I'm arriving on the 14th, RGR, garden view. I am gonna fax a request for Oak near the bridge...hope they don't give you my room! :rotfl:

Hahaha! Maybe we can be neighbors!

BMMAA said:
I just have to say how excited I am to be checking into POR on Sat.! I have been reading this thread for months and decided to finally jump in and say hi!! It's so nice to know how many 'over planners' there are out there....some people just don't get how 'all this' is part of the fun!! Wishing everyone a wonderful and magical vacation!!

We're also checking in Saturday!!!! Hope you have a great vacation:-)

Cydsmom said:

I would request a fountain view, that should put you in either inner courtyard of the Royal mansions. Both are pretty equidistant to the bridge to the main building. Personally, I preferred Parterre and since everyone asks for Oak ( they think it's so much closer) you might get your requests met there more easily. That logic worked for me, we got a fab upgrade.

summerlady said:
I'll have a LGMH on my bag, stop and say hi if you see me! I'll have a 12 year old granddaughter with me who loves to swim. pixiedust:

My DD is 7 and is also a big swimmer! I'm sure we will be at the pool alot! She loved the slide at the FQ last year

I'll have a LGMH on my bag, stop and say hi if you see me! I'll have a 12 year old granddaughter with me who loves to swim. pixiedust:

I rock the LGMH also on the book bag and camera bag! I though we were a dying breed doing that tradition!

My DD is 7 and is also a big swimmer! I'm sure we will be at the pool alot! She loved the slide at the FQ last year

That's great! DGD loves the pool at POFQ, I hope she likes the slide at POR just as much. Well, I'm sure she will. :) What's not to like? A week off from school, WDW with Nana and Pop, a royal room, and lots of swimming and park time. :yay: We've been bringing her with us ever since she was 7, her mom came with us a couple of times but apparently she's not as much fun as we are. :duck:

summerlady said:
That's great! DGD loves the pool at POFQ, I hope she likes the slide at POR just as much. Well, I'm sure she will. :) What's not to like? A week off from school, WDW with Nana and Pop, a royal room, and lots of swimming and park time. :yay: We've been bringing her with us ever since she was 7, her mom came with us a couple of times but apparently she's not as much fun as we are. :duck:

We call my DHs parents nana pop too! We offered to take them with us this year, but unfortunately they could not make it. Their family is from STL and they keep asking to take her up there, but it makes me nervous for her to be 12 hours away! We all go fairly often, but I don't want her that far away from mama. We are surprising her this year, but nana pop don't want to miss it, so they are driving us to the airport.

I think I got the last alien green Mickey head from our local Home Depot a couple months ago!

I heard they were discontinuing them so I grabbed hand fulls of every color and i mean every color. Just for back up ones. The guy just smiled and said take them we are discontinuing them and offered a box.

We call my DHs parents nana pop too! We offered to take them with us this year, but unfortunately they could not make it. Their family is from STL and they keep asking to take her up there, but it makes me nervous for her to be 12 hours away! We all go fairly often, but I don't want her that far away from mama. We are surprising her this year, but nana pop don't want to miss it, so they are driving us to the airport.

That's so cool that you're surprising your daughter, she doesn't suspect anything? She's going to be so excited!

I heard they were discontinuing them so I grabbed hand fulls of every color and i mean every color. Just for back up ones. The guy just smiled and said take them we are discontinuing them and offered a box.

Nice....I got a pile of them, too, but alas, only one, lonely alien green. :(

summerlady said:
That's so cool that you're surprising your daughter, she doesn't suspect anything? She's going to be so excited!

She doesn't yet, but there's still time! I've got my fingers and toes crossed that we can keep it quiet! My 3year old niece heard her mom and me talking about our trip today and she kept asking if she could go too! So cute, but she loves to tell my DD secrets so it could spell trouble! I thought about adding her onto the trip, but with flight and all it would be way more than we wanted to spend to take a 3 year old who eats nothing and could ride nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter