Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banana: POR, here we come...

My living room is covered in bags at the moment. Heading to Milwaukee after work and school today and then we fly out at noon tomorrow. Excited for a great week at POR and Disney World.

My living room is covered in bags at the moment. Heading to Milwaukee after work and school today and then we fly out at noon tomorrow. Excited for a great week at POR and Disney World.

Well I hope you have a safe and pleasant trip. Bring back some memories with you.

COOL!!!!:woohoo:
I'm flying out of Milwaukee on the 26th (I live about 50 miles from Milwaukee). I just put "Wisconsin" under my Avatar.
You must be on cloud :cloud9:
Enjoy your stay at POR!

I am so excited for you.

We are at three weeks tomorrow; everyone next door is starting to get really excited. We have all of our package information in hand now.

I cannot wait to get to my home away from home and share it with some wonderful friends. They are so excited.

This time in three weeks, Skylar will most likely be unable to go to sleep, since she will find out the Friday after Thanksgiving.

How do you POR fans feel about Boatwrights?

We are staying onsite for the first time and have ADR's made for each day (free dining). To be honest, the menu there looks good to us. I see it doesn't get much buzz like Ohana or Boma, but it might be nice to have a relaxing dinner at our "home" resort one night.

Thoughts?

So we were there 10/22 to 10/30. I must admit I am disappointed in our experience at POR. I wasn't greeted when I walked up to the front door. They did ask me when I got out of the car if I was checking in.. no "Hi, Welcome" just are you checking in and if so, please move your car. I explained this is what my hubby was doing. Then when I got to the CM to check in, she just didn't seem to enjoy her job. A few times during the stay, Mousekeeping did some fun stuff with the stuffed animals which was fun to come home to. But our last night, we got in from MK after waiting over an hour for the bus!!! and the door to our room was propped open. Nothing was missing and we were dog tired with one day left, so I didn't call the front desk. I did mention it at checkout the next am. I found it a little bizzare that there were only 2 people checking guests out on a Sunday am.:confused3 Then when I mentioned the door open issue, the first question was.."Why didn't you call us right then?" I told the CM that b/c nothing was missing and it was so late, I wanted to go to bed and planned to report at checkout. She then got her manager who basically apologized and sent me on my way. Not sure if they were just unusually busy this particular week or what... I just didn't feel the magic I had hoped for! The Boat driver, Tom (younger as he politely pointed out :O) ) was great!
Anyway, I don't mean to just complain and then not do anything about it... so my ultimate question is... I discussed the concern with management, is that all I need to do? Or is there another place to voice the concern about the door being left open?
All in all, just didn't feel the magic of the resort this trip like we have experienced at POP in the past... Not sure if I was just expecting more from a Mod than I should have or what... I was pretty excited from reading everyone's posts about how wonderful the resort was and thus disappointed with our experience.

So we were there 10/22 to 10/30. I must admit I am disappointed in our experience at POR. I wasn't greeted when I walked up to the front door. They did ask me when I got out of the car if I was checking in.. no "Hi, Welcome" just are you checking in and if so, please move your car. I explained this is what my hubby was doing. Then when I got to the CM to check in, she just didn't seem to enjoy her job. A few times during the stay, Mousekeeping did some fun stuff with the stuffed animals which was fun to come home to. But our last night, we got in from MK after waiting over an hour for the bus!!! and the door to our room was propped open. Nothing was missing and we were dog tired with one day left, so I didn't call the front desk. I did mention it at checkout the next am. I found it a little bizzare that there were only 2 people checking guests out on a Sunday am.:confused3 Then when I mentioned the door open issue, the first question was.."Why didn't you call us right then?" I told the CM that b/c nothing was missing and it was so late, I wanted to go to bed and planned to report at checkout. She then got her manager who basically apologized and sent me on my way. Not sure if they were just unusually busy this particular week or what... I just didn't feel the magic I had hoped for! The Boat driver, Tom (younger as he politely pointed out :O) ) was great!
Anyway, I don't mean to just complain and then not do anything about it... so my ultimate question is... I discussed the concern with management, is that all I need to do? Or is there another place to voice the concern about the door being left open?
All in all, just didn't feel the magic of the resort this trip like we have experienced at POP in the past... Not sure if I was just expecting more from a Mod than I should have or what... I was pretty excited from reading everyone's posts about how wonderful the resort was and thus disappointed with our experience.

I don't think you were expecting too much. Everyone should be greeted, staff should be polite and definately your hotel room door should NOT be left propped open. My suggestion is sending an e-mail about this experience to Disney Guest Relations. If anything it will help improve future guests (including you) visits to POR!

Sorry it wasnt the best experience - we stayed there last Feb and are staying again this Feb in the Royal Guest Rooms. Well, we are currently booked at CSR, but are about to switch.

And, guess what.... I'm from Murfreesboro and my DD is 5 (and another DD is 1):thumbsup2. Oh my, and I just realized your DD5's name is Abby and so is mine. Whoa. Too many conicidences. She goes to Rockvale. Nice to "meet" you.

I will be at POR in 8 days!! i am bringing a lot of electronics.. my lap top and camera's ETC. All I really care about is the lap top and camera...
I hear there isn't a large safe in the room like i had at another resort... is the safe large enough for my lap top and possibly my DSLR???

I used them a couple of times when we were there in August. It was a nice little run - twice around was about 6k. It's the same idea as the paths at CSR - goes over to POFQ and around Riverside, and it's just the path that runs around the resort, not a specific jogging path.

Thanks! I look forward to checking them out!

I will be at POR in 8 days!! i am bringing a lot of electronics.. my lap top and camera's ETC. All I really care about is the lap top and camera...
I hear there isn't a large safe in the room like i had at another resort... is the safe large enough for my lap top and possibly my DSLR???

Me too! I just did my online check in and I'm getting more and more excited. I know this next week is going to fly by because work will be crazy with me trying to get ready to go on vacation.

Why would you not be taking your dslr with you???? But it might fit a netbook and jewelry thats about it.

We normally bring locks for our luggage, so whatever item(s) that doesn't fit in the room safe we lock up in our luggage bags. Just remember to slide your luggage under the beds....out of sight, out of mind.

I almost forgot to mention, leave the keys for the luggage locks in the room safe. This way you only have to carry the room safe key with you.

Cheers! :thumbsup2

We normally bring locks for our luggage, so whatever item(s) that doesn't fit in the room safe we lock up in our luggage bags. Just remember to slide your luggage under the beds....out of sight, out of mind.

I almost for forgot to mention, leave the keys for the luggage locks in the room safe. This way you only have to carry the room safe key with you.

Yeah that is what we do also.

I almost forgot to mention, leave the keys for the luggage locks in the room safe. This way you only have to carry the room safe key with you.

Will luggage fit under the beds at POR? Boy, I sure hope so! We've stayed at 8 WDW resorts, and so far all the beds had those borders on them that won't allow you to put anything under them.

Will luggage fit under the beds at POR? Boy, I sure hope so! We've stayed at 8 WDW resorts, and so far all the beds had those borders on them that won't allow you to put anything under them.

They will not after the refurb All the beds get bed boxes so nothing can be lost or stored under the beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter