Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell in love with POR this week! Our corner room, first floor, Magnolia Terrace was the best of everything! Really close to the pool, the food, and
The boat. The view was beautiful and I met some of the sweetest CM's. I'm going to have a really hard time going anywhere else. :)

KaChow said:
Do we need to go to POR in the wee hours and check in, or can our bands be activated at AoA for our park tickets and dining? Thanks!

You will have to go to POR and check in to get access to your dining credits.

I still walked to the room early and found it ready when I got to it, then 4 hrs after we got into the room we all of a sudden got the text.

By 5pm I hadn't gotten a text, so I called the front desk. Two days later and I still never got a text. Lol

Then after getting to the room I had a message that said I was checking out the next day and what the procedures are. I called the front desk again and they said several rooms were getting that message in error, but not to worry.

By 5pm I hadn't gotten a text, so I called the front desk. Two days later and I still never got a text. Lol

Then after getting to the room I had a message that said I was checking out the next day and what the procedures are. I called the front desk again and they said several rooms were getting that message in error, but not to worry.

Gotta love technology! LOL.

I fell in love with POR this week! Our corner room, first floor, Magnolia Terrace was the best of everything! Really close to the pool, the food, and
The boat. The view was beautiful and I met some of the sweetest CM's. I'm going to have a really hard time going anywhere else. :)

I was wondering how was the noise on the first floor? I usually request a top floor so that I don't hear people above me but I'm thinking a 1st floor might be nice to cut down on the walking. We had rooms on the first floor at CSR back in 2008 and it was very loud, not necessarily the people in the room above us but from people using the walkway outside our door and on the 2nd floor along with on the stairs that were near our room. It seemed that some large parties were congregating in those areas for long periods of time. I barely slept on that trip. Last year, we were in Magnolia Terrace on the 3rd floor and loved it! It was so quiet in the room and we absolutely loved the resort.

I was wondering how was the noise on the first floor? I usually request a top floor so that I don't hear people above me but I'm thinking a 1st floor might be nice to cut down on the walking. We had rooms on the first floor at CSR back in 2008 and it was very loud, not necessarily the people in the room above us but from people using the walkway outside our door and on the 2nd floor along with on the stairs that were near our room. It seemed that some large parties were congregating in those areas for long periods of time. I barely slept on that trip. Last year, we were in Magnolia Terrace on the 3rd floor and loved it! It was so quiet in the room and we absolutely loved the resort.

I typically don't like first floor because of foot traffic by the door/windows disturbing either myself of family.I typically plan to be away from stairs almost the half way point between stairs that way guests come up one stair or another.

If you liked the third floor I would do that again. Those are even better with elevators in the middle and stairs. Along with a reduced number of rooms on the same floor lowering the number of guest traffic a lot.

I typically don't like first floor because of foot traffic by the door/windows disturbing either myself of family.I typically plan to be away from stairs almost the half way point between stairs that way guests come up one stair or another.

If you liked the third floor I would do that again. Those are even better with elevators in the middle and stairs. Along with a reduced number of rooms on the same floor lowering the number of guest traffic a lot.

Thanks Venom! While we love Magnolia Terrace, I'm wondering if we should try something new and request Alligator Bayou. That way my kids could also each have their own bed. I do however like the look of the mansions a little better but we haven't stayed in Alligator Bayou. I was thinking of including in my fax that I would like a top floor room either in Magnolia Bend or in Alligator Bayou close to the food court. We booked a standard view.

Thanks Venom! While we love Magnolia Terrace, I'm wondering if we should try something new and request Alligator Bayou. That way my kids could also each have their own bed. I do however like the look of the mansions a little better but we haven't stayed in Alligator Bayou. I was thinking of including in my fax that I would like a top floor room either in Magnolia Bend or in Alligator Bayou close to the food court. We booked a standard view.

I can understand new. We have stayed in all of the room types except renovated AB rooms. So that will be the last one to try for us. The only draw back is no elevators in AB buildings. If that doesn't bother you then you should be fine. I would then say do a 2nd story. I would say word it similar to what you just posted above here. You may get some magic in there somewhere. Its Disney so no telling!

Thanks Venom! While we love Magnolia Terrace, I'm wondering if we should try something new and request Alligator Bayou. That way my kids could also each have their own bed. I do however like the look of the mansions a little better but we haven't stayed in Alligator Bayou.

Hi CareHeartsDisney, my first few stays at the then "Dixie Landings", now Port Orleans Riverside, were at Magnolia Terrace (the building we had requested each time). During those visits, I thought I would never want to stay in Alligator Bayou as from a distance it did not seem as grand as the buildings in Magnolia Bend. When my youngest turned 3 years old and we had to take a room in Alligator Bayou to fit our family, I fell in love with it and wondered why I had been reluctant to stay there before. Alligator Bayou is even more relaxing, peaceful and serene than the rest of the resort! Alligator Bayou has more trees and bushes and little streams of water than Magnolia Bend. I still like Magnolia Bend, but Alligator Bayou I now love just as much.

I can understand new. We have stayed in all of the room types except renovated AB rooms. So that will be the last one to try for us. The only draw back is no elevators in AB buildings. If that doesn't bother you then you should be fine. I would then say do a 2nd story. I would say word it similar to what you just posted above here. You may get some magic in there somewhere. Its Disney so no telling!

Hi CareHeartsDisney, my first few stays at the then "Dixie Landings", now Port Orleans Riverside, were at Magnolia Terrace (the building we had requested each time). During those visits, I thought I would never want to stay in Alligator Bayou as from a distance it did not seem as grand as the buildings in Magnolia Bend. When my youngest turned 3 years old and we had to take a room in Alligator Bayou to fit our family, I fell in love with it and wondered why I had been reluctant to stay there before. Alligator Bayou is even more relaxing, peaceful and serene than the rest of the resort! Alligator Bayou has more trees and bushes and little streams of water than Magnolia Bend. I still like Magnolia Bend, but Alligator Bayou I now love just as much.

Thank you both! I think I'll order my preferences as follows: top floor, close to the food court either in Alligator Bayou or in Magnolia Terrace. I'll go on to explain that I stayed at POR last year and loved it. This time I'd like to try something new but if Alligator Bayou isn't available, I would be happy to stay in Magnolia Terrace. I cannot wait. Only 11 more days. Now I have to hope & pray that there is no bad weather that keeps us from flying out as scheduled. On the other hand, if we can't leave on the 21st because of weather related issues up north, I won't have a problem with staying longer in warm, sunny Florida ;)

Thank you both! I think I'll order my preferences as follows: top floor, close to the food court either in Alligator Bayou or in Magnolia Terrace. I'll go on to explain that I stayed at POR last year and loved it. This time I'd like to try something new but if Alligator Bayou isn't available, I would be happy to stay in Magnolia Terrace. I cannot wait. Only 11 more days. Now I have to hope & pray that there is no bad weather that keeps us from flying out as scheduled. On the other hand, if we can't leave on the 21st because of weather related issues up north, I won't have a problem with staying longer in warm, sunny Florida ;)

:thumbsup2

Checking in on March 20-29 for girlie trip with DD's 14-17. It"s our first time on site and we are beyond very very excited. Our only option when booking through expedia was An "Accessible Garden view Florida special" not sure what that entails we have absolutely no preference as to which section we stay in or which building, (just happy to get away from -25 and chaos of life) My only concern is that we are in an accessible room. We are blessed to have no disabilities and are concerned that we are taking up a room that someone may NEED. any info on what this room would be or how would i go about letting POR know we don't need accessible room would be appreciated

Hi All,
Just got home from a great stay at POR. We loved it. I had originally had POFQ booked and changed because of the pool being closed. I am so happy I did. Weather did not cooperate,rain for three days,but you are at WDW. What could be bad,alot of rain poncho pictures.lol. POR was wonderful. We had a rr in building 90. Nice walk to food court or bus stop. We rented a surrey bike,
went fishing and kids got to swim. Can not say enough about POR. Thanks to everyone for all your helpful info.

Mary Kay

I didn't notice the noise on the first floor at all. Magnolia Terrace only had two floors I think but Magnolia Bend may have the three floors. It was peaceful and I loved having the corner room with two windows. We liked the ground level as we had heavy luggage and a double stroller and lugging those up and down stairs would have been a PITA! :) I think I'd like nearly anywhere in that area though. I think we're POR converts! I doubt we'll go anywhere else for a while. The only thing I missed from our previous stay at AOA was the food :( River Mill was good but I missed the diversity of Landscape of Flavors.

I didn't notice the noise on the first floor at all. Magnolia Terrace only had two floors I think but Magnolia Bend may have the three floors. It was peaceful and I loved having the corner room with two windows. We liked the ground level as we had heavy luggage and a double stroller and lugging those up and down stairs would have been a PITA! :) I think I'd like nearly anywhere in that area though. I think we're POR converts! I doubt we'll go anywhere else for a while. The only thing I missed from our previous stay at AOA was the food :( River Mill was good but I missed the diversity of Landscape of Flavors.

Thanks for your input! All the mansions have three floors in the center of each building and two floor through the rest of the building. We stayed on the third floor of Magnolia Terrace last year. Ours was an interior corner room but it only had one window.

Checking in on March 20-29 for girlie trip with DD's 14-17. It"s our first time on site and we are beyond very very excited. Our only option when booking through expedia was An "Accessible Garden view Florida special" not sure what that entails we have absolutely no preference as to which section we stay in or which building, (just happy to get away from -25 and chaos of life) My only concern is that we are in an accessible room. We are blessed to have no disabilities and are concerned that we are taking up a room that someone may NEED. any info on what this room would be or how would i go about letting POR know we don't need accessible room would be appreciated

Yes, that category is an Accessible room, but only insofar as it has extra grab rails next to the tub and toilet, etc. Otherwise it should be a fairly regular room with a separate bathroom, shower over tub, etc.

You could fax the resort approx 5 days before arrival (see FAQ in the first post) and mention that an ordinary Garden View room would be fine for you, and you don't actually need the accessibility features which the website gave you.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter