• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did my online check in for 8/13-20. Now I guess its just back to waiting. 60 days left.

For all of you mentioning problems with mousekeeping:

I hope you tell the front desk. As soon as possible. Not to get someone in trouble; it may just be a training issue. They can help the person learn to better do their job. Feedback is important for this reason. Mention what they did well and how happy you are, but mention what could have been better or what was missed.

At pofQ I had problems in building seven we had problems with mouse keeping They didn't speak English. Night table was always left pulled out. Never had any towel animals. Didn't keep the room very clean Very disappointed in the mouse keeping I think it's because we stay the last building Number seven because we like the privateness of it.

Just back from a 7 night stay... Thought mouse keeping was great. We always tip daily just cause I hate cleaning up after us and I'm glad someone else is! Got two towel animals. She actually knocked on our door the last day to thank us for the tips!

Well shoot, now I'm crying too! So sweet. That is the best feeling! :lovestruc

It really is! thank you. We are having a great time. Heading out to Epcot for a meal in a few minutes. POR is as beautiful as I remember and I am trying to soak it in!

Missytara - Sorry for the last minute changes to your plan, but you will be here soon! Safe travels!

just a few notes from POR. Mousekeeping has been great so far! We don't have them come in every day because we don't think it is necessary. I called our first day and asked for extra towels, shampoo & conditioner. They showed up in less than an hour with a large bag of S & C and several towels.

We got a towel alligator on day, it was very cute and my boys were surprised.

Food court has been a little crazy between 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm. it was fine this afternoon though, not crowded at all.

At pofQ I had problems in building seven we had problems with mouse keeping They didn't speak English. Night table was always left pulled out. Never had any towel animals. Didn't keep the room very clean Very disappointed in the mouse keeping I think it's because we stay the last building Number seven because we like the privateness of it.

If you did not tell them at the time, please write and tell them now. Give all the info about your reservation and room, then give as many facts & details as possible.

Thanks!

We're booked for 8/1-8/10 in a garden view!!:yay::banana::cool1:
We're finally getting to stay at POR!! This will be our last trip with our AP's, it's been a fun year!!

Just did my online check in for 8/13-20. Now I guess its just back to waiting. 60 days left.

Ohhhh fun. Will do that tomorrow. We check in on 8/13 as well!!!! Staying till the 21st. It will be our first time at POR. So excited!

I doubt this was due to the remoteness of the building, you should get the same level of service in any building. I assume you reported it to management at the time, as there's not much that can be done about it after the event?

The cleanliness issue is the biggest one, things like lack of towel animals (which are meant to be a nice surprise if you happen to get one) and the housekeeper not speaking English are not really things they can do much about (or don't feel they need to do much about in the latter case).

Andre

Three quick questions about a garden view

1. If i reserve a garden view and request alligator bayou will i automatically not get it because there is 4 in my party?

2. Is building 16 and 17 good building yo request for easy access to the food court and main pool?

3. How long does it take roughly to get from these building to the food court and main pool?

Thanks

Three quick questions about a garden view

1. If i reserve a garden view and request alligator bayou will i automatically not get it because there is 4 in my party?

2. Is building 16 and 17 good building yo request for easy access to the food court and main pool?

3. How long does it take roughly to get from these building to the food court and main pool?

Thanks
we stayed in garden view 1613 and couldn't have been happier!! A nice short walk to the food court and ole man....just a few step from the quiet pool also. I don't think you could get too much better without paying for pool view or preferred

Too bad about your room being dirty. That is never acceptable. Someone should be informed about that problem.

But, why does it matter if your mousekeeping didn't speak English? If you have any problems you can always tell the front desk and the message can be given to your mousekeeping.

I also don't believe towel animals are a requirement. On my last trip we never received any, but the room was always tidy and that's all we required.

Dittz said:
Are these wristband going to be for all guests when they come out and replace the KTTW cards, or only for those who pay extra? I have been trying to search for more info, but having difficulty.

You can choose one or the other. What info has been made public by Disney is over on the theme parks board.

We arrived last Saturday, June 8th, and are having a wonderful time! We have the perfect room. The river view we booked, plus close to the food court, corner room and second floor. All of my requests. We had a pkg and then a room only reservation and we were able to stay in the same room.

The last time we stayed here was Dec. 2009 and I love the renovated rooms. So cute!! My birthday child, turned eleven while we were here, chose to sleep on the Murphy bed and loves it. And she is about 5' and 95 lbs. we did call for some blankets because she got cold there the first couple of nights. They brought two and she has been fine ever since.

Mouse keeping has been good. We had a Mickey head when we checked in and also got a lion later in the week.

Getting ready for dinner at Kona Cafe and a late night at MK. We spent the day at Blizzard Beach and had a great time!!

Stephanie

My 2.5 year old (she turns 3 end of our trip) is really into opening doors with locks or getting around the child locks these days. My patio doors are kept closed with a high latch now to keep her in. I'm wondering (worried) about my hotel door now. I can see her now already trying to escape at night. Not sure if we will be in ab or mansion rooms (4 plus an under 3) but I assume the doors with have a chain lock or some kind of extra lock. ? I hope the doors are heavy hah. I know that door at POP last time was hard for my then 5 year old to open without a little struggle. Oh the things a parent of an escape artist has to worry about!

I assume the doors with have a chain lock or some kind of extra lock. ? I hope the doors are heavy hah.

Yes, the doors are pretty heavy (and on quite strong closure springs too). They do have an internal security catch, but any ingenious 3 year old would probably be able to work that out pretty quickly as its main purpose is to prevent entry from the outside (that and to make the door bang very loudly if you let it slam onto it). There is also a rotary locking knob. If nothing else, that'll all slow her down a bit... :)

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter