Port Orleans Riverside

jessiangel

Mouseketeer
Hi. I'm hoping you can help me. I just made reservations for my daughter and I for POR 12/8 - 12/12. I was wondering if you could tell me about POR. Are there bldgs. to request for close bus/food proximity? I'm not sure how many bus stops there are. We will be relying solely on Disney transportation, so I'm hoping for a bldg that we won't have to walk too far for the bus or food. I want to make this a very special trip for my DD (16), since she's having a very hard time since my DH and I just split, so I figured a trip to WDW would be just the ticket. Its also my birthday, so I figured its a nice gift to myself. Also, is POR decorated for Christmas by this time and if so, do they have alot of decorations? We are on a really tight budget, or I would have booked one of the deluxe resorts for the decorations. I told her maybe we could ride the monorail and check out the deluxe decorations. Thanks for any help!

I'm going to bump this for you by answering the best I can. I don't remember the best building in the Mansion section, but our first stay there was in Magnolia Terrace. The walk to the bus stop was very short and the walk to the main bldg/food courts was about 5 minutes....very pleasant. Since then, we have only stayed in Alligator Bayou and we love it! The bldg to request there is #14. We actually love the walk from any bldg to the food courts, as POR is so quaint and homey, esp. AB.
The resort will be decorated for Christmas when you go and it's very pretty. Som people even take their own decorations and do up their room, window, door, etc.

There are four? bus stops, I think in POR, including one at the main bldg. You shouldn't have a long walk to any bus stop. Have a good trip!

We enjoyed our stay in AB building 14 (15 would be great too), but found the Mansion buildings to be like a maze. AB 14/15 both are next door to the food court/lobby and 1st bus stop. These very popular with families, but we have been stayed in AB 14 twice with just two adults, so would definitely add it to reservations requests, if you might like those buildings :)

We found the decorations at POR to be kind of boring (Im sorry!). CBR has great decorations and one of my favorites during Christmas is POP. Funny, but I like the POP decorations more than some mods or deluxes. Guess I prefer bright and cheerful, homey sort of decorations.

I am sure others really love POR during the holidays! :)

Anyway, other than preferring CBR or CSR for decorations - oh! CSR is really decorated - have you looked at the photos? They decorate over there as much as some of the deluxes!

Wish I could find the link to the CSR holiday decorations - I'll try to find it and post it, or maybe someone else will know :)

Have fun planning - am sure it will be a wonderful trip. You are a special mom!

Here you go - scroll down to post #7!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=14855503#post14855503&highlight=CSR+christmas+decorations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter