Port Orleans stay January 2022

emilyann704

Solo Traveler
I was hoping to stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter January 8 -10 but their website is showing zero room availability.

Any idea on whether more rooms may open up soon or are they truly booked up? I haven't stayed on site in years so I'm not sure what the recent trends have been.

Port Orleans is just now reopening later this month, but booking for the resort started back in July. It's likely it's completely booked. You're also looking at Marathon weekend, so more people will likely be on-site that weekend.

ETA:. Yeah looks like it's probably due to the marathon. Any other Saturday to Monday in January is available.

I just changed from ASM to PORQ yesterday for January 8 and 9, we got a standard room which was all that was available. Keep watching because that wasn't available the day before so I booked ASM then BAM the next day it was available.

Thanks! That's definitely my preferred weekend as the only other option is MLKJr weekend and I'm not excited about potential crowds.

Thanks! That's definitely my preferred weekend as the only other option is MLKJr weekend and I'm not excited about potential crowds.
Got any desire for PO Riverside? Looks like lots of room types available the 8-10 including the Royal Guest Rooms.

I've been keeping my eye on it -- as a first time solo-Disneyer I'm really trying to do French Quarter. I've been there in the past (about 15 years ago last) and love the look, the size, and feel safe there because I'm familiar with the layout.

I think soon I'll just have to weigh the cost/options of both weekends (airfare, hotel cost, park tickets) and make a decision.

Is MLK weekend just a terrible weekend to go compared to the one before?

That makes sense, always good to go where things are familiar.

I'm not entirely sure which weekend is actually better crowd wise in the parks. I think most things I've seen would say MLK weekend is definitely busier. Going solo though, you could take advantage of Genie+ lightning lanes as well as single rider lines to avoid most lines.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip! We were there this last January and the weather was perfect, though a bit chilly in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter