• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port tendering with mobility issues?

Ditto. I remember a ramp, not going down the stairs within the tender. But that was last summer. Maybe it has changed.
Do they not have the ramp anymore so you can get on and off the top deck? That sucks.
I never once had to use the tenders stairs...
I thought they were referring to once you're inside the tender boat. There's a ramp that goes from the Disney ship to the tender boat but you find yourself on the second floor of the tender ship. Once you dock at grand Cayman you still have to make your way down the stairs to the lower level of the tender so you can disembark. We waited for everyone to go first then I made my way down with my parents.

I thought they were referring to once you're inside the tender boat. There's a ramp that goes from the Disney ship to the tender boat but you find yourself on the second floor of the tender ship. Once you dock at grand Cayman you still have to make your way down the stairs to the lower level of the tender so you can disembark. We waited for everyone to go first then I made my way down with my parents.

That's what I assumed to. There used to be a ramp in GC so you got off from the top deck of the tender, and got back on on the top deck of the tender.
I visited GC many times with DCL and personally have never even been on the bottom deck of the tender...

That's what I assumed to. There used to be a ramp in GC so you got off from the top deck of the tender, and got back on on the top deck of the tender.
I visited GC many times with DCL and personally have never even been on the bottom deck of the tender...
If you have any mobility issues I'm not sure if you could make it down to the lower level when the tender is next to the Disney ship. Being so close made it bump up and down. It was more still closer to port. I had my parents and my mom had a vice grip on my arm lol. I wasn't going to try to get them downstairs until it was still.

Right. That's what I'm saying. I remember boarding on the top level and getting off on the top level. No stairs required.

Right. That's what I'm saying. I remember boarding on the top level and getting off on the top level. No stairs required.

I knew I had a photo on my laptop.
Here is my experience of tendering in Grand Cayman with the ramp at the dock/ other end.

1059675_10152988359110075_1491807021_o.jpg

Right Bbel! And in that picture, up by the cabin, you can see a space and a railing where a person in a wheel chair or scooter can be placed so that they can be last on and first off.

I knew I had a photo on my laptop.
Here is my experience of tendering in Grand Cayman with the ramp at the dock/ other end.

View attachment 249308

This was our experience in Grand Cayman. We were traveling with my mother who was in an ECV. She disembarked the cruise ship via the ramp to the 2nd level of the tender boat; drove the ECV right onto the tender. Then at the dock, she drove the ECV right off via that ramp to ground level. Never even had to get off of the ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter