Portable charger

Aluminum Falcon

DIS Veteran
Looking for info if any on what portable device chargers people use in the park, any suggestions would be great!

I usually just use cheap ones from Walmart or Target. No particular brand. Usually I spend $5-$15 on a portable charger and bring a few on my trip. Depending on my phone’s battery life and how long I’m out in the parks I use 1-2 portable chargers per day and then recharge overnight.

Mophie makes some of the best power banks, but at a cost. Anker is a solid line at lower prices. My goal was to be able to fully charge two phones each day from one power bank on our trip. Never needed to fully charge our phones but the bank let us go without worrying about anything. If you have Amazon check out the Anker Portable Charger, PowerCore Slim 10000 Power Bank for about $24

we have 4 iphone 12 pro max's going on this trip, and everyone is very camera friendly. do you think the 20000 would be best, or would the 10000 still do the trick?

@Aluminum Falcon the 20000 is well suited for that it will run about 12 oz, the Anker Portable Charger, PowerCore Essential 20000mAh says it will charge a iPhone XS 5 times. If you really think you will need to fully charge all 4 that's a good option. But you might want to consider getting 2 of the other ones I mentioned they weight about 7oz and you could have two people spread the weight, plus then you could charge all 4 at the same time. Just another though. I think as new as your 12s are and the larger batter in the Max one would probably be enough to top off the phones. But really does depend how much you use them.

First you need to look up the specs on your phone to figure out what the mAh is. When you look at a portable charger, it will have an mAh number. You can do the math to figure out how many times the fully charged portable battery will charge your phone. Example:
iphone 12 is 2815.

I have used Mophie and Anker. For both brands, the battery was as heavy as my cell phone. If you have a bad back, the added weight to your park bag is something to consider (and obviously you would not want to be carrying 2 portable batteries in your bag). Some portable batteries have enough ports to allow you to charge two phones at once, but again I am not carrying around my phone plus the portable battery plus someone else's phone. Too much weight.

I was just looking in stores yesterday because I might be giving this as a gift. Walmart only had an off-brand I never heard of. Target only had 2 in store; one Anker was half the mAh as one sold at Best Buy but cost more than the one at Best Buy. I never did make it in to Best Buy.

I got a lipstick charger like the fuel rods off Amazon. I did have to buy a different cable since it was evidently for Iphones and not android. Even buying the extra cable it cost less than a fuel rod. I love it, it fits in my pocket, stays charged for at least two days even using it multiple times a day. I have to test it before my next trip to see if it will charge my little hand held fan I'm thinking of taking to the parks since it's hot in Sept.

I purchased a charging case for my phone. It adds a little weight and a little bulk (not much) but if you are going to carry a portable charger around, it's not any different. I tested it over a few days and was able to fully charge my phone 3 times on one charge of the case. (and the case charges while you charge your phone - so you don't need a separate cable to charge)

Amazon.com: ABOE Battery Case for iPhone 8/7/6s/6/SE(2020), [6000mAh] Upgraded Charging Case Rechargeable Battery Pack for iPhone 8/7 Portable Charger case for iPhone 6S/6 /SE(2020)(4.7 inch)-[Rose Gold] : Cell Phones & Accessories

Mophie makes some of the best power banks, but at a cost. Anker is a solid line at lower prices. My goal was to be able to fully charge two phones each day from one power bank on our trip. Never needed to fully charge our phones but the bank let us go without worrying about anything. If you have Amazon check out the Anker Portable Charger, PowerCore Slim 10000 Power Bank for about $24

I have an Anker PowerCore 10000 and it's been great for vacations. I've never used the full charge in a day.

Fuel Rods are great, its about $2-$3 to swap one out for a fully charged one and they are everywhere in WDW. If you download their app they give you a $5 credit so basically first 2 swaps are free. Small compact size is great and if you don’t swap them no big deal you just recharge like anything else. Love these things! But buy them beforehand to save on the initial purchase.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/portable-phone-chargers/
https://www.amazon.com/FuelRod-Portable-Charger-Kit-Rechargeable/dp/B08CXP1H6Q?th=1

You're not allowed to put the power banks in checked luggage
20000 mAh is the maximum common size allowed in carryon bags. Some of the older lipstick batteries output under 1amp. Slow charging . If you're using the device while its charging the power from the battery will only be enough to slow the discharge

Anker is a good brand. Many of the. Of the lesser brands are OK but others are junk

Another vote for Anker. I have a 20000mAh one that I bought in 2019, and it came to Disneyland with us twice that year, and WDW once for a two-week holiday. There's a pouch in the back of our stroller that I kept in in; I've had another kid since then, so we'll be renting a double - with a pouch!

(Seriously though; if you're not using a stroller to hump stuff around, it weighs only a little more than my phone, and fits nicely in a fanny pack.)

I have two Ankers. One is the 20,000 mAh model with two USB A ports that I bought before my WDW trip in 2019. Still works wonderfully. Then I have a 10,000 mAh one that I take with me on most trips. It has a single USB A, a USB C and also wireless charges. The thing I really like about it is that when I get back to the hotel I can plug it in and use it to charge my phone wirelessly while it's being recharged overnight. Some days on my business trips I'm away on site from 7am until 2am, it's nice to know I have power if I need it.

Looking for info if any on what portable device chargers people use in the park, any suggestions would be great!
I'm a tech nerd and to me, the best bang for your buck is getting an Anker charger. They are all reliable and cost effective. Look for Anker chargers in your price range and make the purchase. Don't overthink it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter