• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portofino Bay Deluxe 2 Queen Room

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
We have a deluxe two queen room booked for the end of May. Looking forward to the extra space for our family of five. I’ve read conflicting information online about the bathroom. Is there still a shower and tub in the bathroom with the shutters? And is there a sofa bed in the queen rooms or just in the king? Thank you!

Thanks, when was your visit? I read the changes happened after the recent renovation.

Thanks, when was your visit? I read the changes happened after the recent renovation.

The bathrooms were not changed in the recent renovation. There is not enough room for a sofa bed.

With the shutters, the bathtub cannot house a shower as well. That is why there is a separate shower stall.

What had you heard? Can you provide a link to the conflicting info?

I had a deluxe room booked in December and it was horrible! There was no separate tub anymore since the renovation and the bathroom is no longer huge. I went to the front desk and complained because they still showed the old layout and description on the website. I’m guessing they still haven’t updated it.

The layout on their site is actually updated now but the description still says separate tub and shower.

Attachments

• 5357F81F-5F13-482A-977F-999E0716FBE3.png
    5357F81F-5F13-482A-977F-999E0716FBE3.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 76

I had a deluxe room booked in December and it was horrible! There was no separate tub anymore since the renovation and the bathroom is no longer huge. I went to the front desk and complained because they still showed the old layout and description on the website. I’m guessing they still haven’t updated it.

If the bathroom is no longer huge, does that mean there is now more space in the bedroom area?

Yes. There's more space in the room but it's wasted space because it's just empty. I mean I guess it would be nice if you needed room for a crib or something, but for two adults it did absolutely nothing for me.

I had stayed in a Deluxe Room here a few years ago and absolutely loved it. So in December of last year I had no issues shelling out an extra $100 a night. There was nothing Deluxe about it. The walk to the room was horrendous and I've had my fair share of bad room locations at Disney (Kidani Village and Boardwak). When I got to the room I was completely confused. No tub, no shutters, no charm. I went back to the Front Desk and waited 45 minutes again to tell the lady who checked me in that I thought I was given the wrong room. To me, it looked exactly like the standard room. She assured me that I was in a Deluxe room. I said there's no separate tub in there. She replied, "They were removed with the renovation." OK.... But the website still says it has a tub and shows it in the floor plans. "Oh. The website still needs to be updated." :confused3 Absolutely no apology or offer. Therefore, they got a bad review on Trip Advisor. I would stay at a Disney value before staying at this place again.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback. So instead of the shuttered windows between the bathroom and the room, it is now a solid wall? And since the tub was taken out, the wall was pushed back making the bathroom smaller and the room bigger? Sorry I’m just trying to visualize it. This will actually be our first visit and we are a family of five with older kids so the larger room regardless is still very appealing to us. But I completely agree with your frustration in getting a room different than what you expected.

It is a shame you paid for one thing only to receive something else, without an apology no less. The website should've been updated accordingly. I'm sorry this affected your trip so much. I agree about the lack of shutters; definitely a decrease in the charm of the room.

Thanks for your feedback. So instead of the shuttered windows between the bathroom and the room, it is now a solid wall? And since the tub was taken out, the wall was pushed back making the bathroom smaller and the room bigger? Sorry I’m just trying to visualize it. This will actually be our first visit and we are a family of five with older kids so the larger room regardless is still very appealing to us. But I completely agree with your frustration in getting a room different than what you expected.

Our next trip will be a group of 5: me, dh, dd 23, dd 13 and her friend. For our situation as well, this would work better. But I understand when you book one thing and receive something else...It's just not right.

My family and I are booked to stay at Portofino Bay for the first time ever in June of this year. We were so excited to be in a deluxe room, but now I am worried that the room will fall short of the promised website description.
Does anyone have a pic of the bathroom changes?

I wonder if Queen and King Deluxe rooms are different. In the Lowes site it states that the King room has separate shower and tub but if you switch to Queen the description changes. Regardless, the photo of the King shows the wall where the shutters used to be. I swear I'm not crazy and will happily post my reservation for proof.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.51.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.51.23 PM.png
    407 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.51.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.51.50 PM.png
    428.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
My family and I are booked to stay at Portofino Bay for the first time ever in June of this year. We were so excited to be in a deluxe room, but now I am worried that the room will fall short of the promised website description.
Does anyone have a pic of the bathroom changes?

I took two pictures of the bathroom that was in my "Deluxe Room" back in Dec. Not the best, but I've attached them.

Attachments

• 65D01858-430A-4875-A240-061AEBE81073.jpeg
    65D01858-430A-4875-A240-061AEBE81073.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 130C359A-AB7A-45E0-93DF-361047FB5B4C.jpeg
    130C359A-AB7A-45E0-93DF-361047FB5B4C.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 66
I took two pictures of the bathroom that was in my "Deluxe Room" back in Dec. Not the best, but I've attached them.
Was the shower in the spot the tub used to be ? Or across from the sink/toilet? I wonder if you got an accessible room?

At wdw YC just last week we did and the bathroom had a shower and was different from the others.

ps I don’t think you are crazy :rotfl:

I am here now and encountered this exact issue. With three little kids, a shower was a no go. Called and pointed the website still as of today says shower AND tub. Our DS is on the spectrum and showers trigger sensory issues for him. They agreed to move us to a regular 2 queen garden room with a tub. Pretty furious about overpaying but glad I found this thread as I was just going to post a thread about it to warn others. DH and I both agreed the “regular” room did not really feel any smaller than the deluxe (plenty of room for the rollaway for our youngest DS) and the bathroom is much nicer. Save your money and skip deluxe.

What were they thinking taking out the tub in a family friendly hotel?!?! P.S. the deluxe room shower was not even a rainforest shower—just a regular standing shower with a sliding glass door. Definitely a downgrade.

Was the shower in the spot the tub used to be ? Or across from the sink/toilet? I wonder if you got an accessible room?

At wdw YC just last week we did and the bathroom had a shower and was different from the others.

ps I don’t think you are crazy :rotfl:
It was not an accessible room. The shower was not accessible (you have to step up into it over a little ridge). They confirmed to me that none of the deluxe 2 queen rooms in the resort have tubs any more. So annoying.

it was across from the toilet, on the side closest to the beds.

Thank you for confirming this issue! I’m so sorry you had to deal with the hassle of moving to another room.

And yes! The shower is where the tub used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter