PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Be careful of the online exams. In addition to the WiFi you will need a secure connection for most of the Systems that use them. Unless the teacher has it through zoom and is just watching them. At Royal Pacific we had WiFi but the school system would not recognize it as secure So we couldn’t access certain systems. Next time I will see if there is an upgrade option, or I will purchase additional data and turn my cell phone into a hotspot or purchase a mobile hotspot/jet pack. Other option could be to try to take it early.

They use Honorlock (a Chrome extension) and Canvas at her school. She took an exam at a Disney resort in January, but I don't think she had to use honorlock for that one. She was able to access canvas.

Last edited:
Hi all!
My family and I will be first timers in August for a week to both the parks and this hotel. We are driving down from Virginia and are super excited. Can anyone tell me what the Club level lounge food offerings have been like in the past few months? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi all!
My family and I will be first timers in August for a week to both the parks and this hotel. We are driving down from Virginia and are super excited. Can anyone tell me what the Club level lounge food offerings have been like in the past few months? Thank you so much for your help!

We didn't stay club level, but I can tell you the hotel is beautiful! Check out the gelato place--happy hour every day 2-4!

We are here now and breakfast is usually breakfast sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, breakfast potatoes, cereal, bagels and various pastries. In the afternoon they have had vegetables and dip and bags of chips. At night they have veggies and dip, rolls and different hot dishes every night. One night it was steak, rice and grilled veggies and another night it was a chicken dish with vegetables. And they still have beer and wine in the evening also.

Quick Question & yes, I'm probably overthinking this (shocker!): We've booked one night here during our week long stay in a couple of weeks for the 2 days of Express Passes. We're actually staying at Cabana Bay for week. We know we'll need to pop over that morning and "check in" to get the room keys that serve as our XPs but we don't know that we want to actually stay here that night - may just stay at CBBR. What are the check out options? Will we need to come back over the next morning to officially check out OR can this be done by email, text or phone? TIA!

Quick Question & yes, I'm probably overthinking this (shocker!): We've booked one night here during our week long stay in a couple of weeks for the 2 days of Express Passes. We're actually staying at Cabana Bay for week. We know we'll need to pop over that morning and "check in" to get the room keys that serve as our XPs but we don't know that we want to actually stay here that night - may just stay at CBBR. What are the check out options? Will we need to come back over the next morning to officially check out OR can this be done by email, text or phone? TIA!

After checking in, most communication will be over text, and yes, you will be able to checkout over text.

Woo Hoo! Booked for late October, first time at this resort and we're bringing our son's friend.

Which reminds me, I booked for 4 adults and just realized Dan the Man is only 17 years old so technically not an adult. Does it matter? I did notice "AS OF MAY 2020 THE CHARGE FOR A THIRD ADULT PER ROOM GOES UP TO $40 PER NIGHT. THIS EXTRA CHARGE IS FOR AGED 18 AND OVER. "

We have club level.

Woo Hoo! Booked for late October, first time at this resort and we're bringing our son's friend.

Which reminds me, I booked for 4 adults and just realized Dan the Man is only 17 years old so technically not an adult. Does it matter? I did notice "AS OF MAY 2020 THE CHARGE FOR A THIRD ADULT PER ROOM GOES UP TO $40 PER NIGHT. THIS EXTRA CHARGE IS FOR AGED 18 AND OVER. "

We have club level.

you can call or wait until you check in to correct the booking to 3 adults and 1 child (17 yo) on your reservation.

Why pay $40 plus tax extra for each night you stay there as one teen is 17.

So excited booked us for one night right before we do four nights at pop(just doing a cheap hotel for the night between Portofino and Pop) , and for the first time ever we will be visiting with no kids!
extremely frugal so this will be the first time we’ve ever spent that much on a hotel right!

Club level late April 2021

I’m hoping this might help someone now. I’m not so good with taking pics, but this is a try. We are leaving tomorrow from PBR, and we added club level to our minion room. We did this previously in late 2018, so I can kind of compare club level from back then to now. For our family of five, it’s still a good deal. I don’t regret our decision one bit. Due to covid, the food definitively seems less attractive. Fewer options for breakfast, dinner, and desserts, and the quality of food was so-so. However, it was fast, convenient, and the servers working there are soooo incredibly friendly and helpful. My kids were always able to find something to eat. The wine pours were awesome. Everything is individually wrapped, and the servers serve you everything. I actually really appreciate the new way of doing buffets in general.

Otherwise, club level rules and policies are the same. We took many snacks and waters to go. I will always try to add club level when we stay at PBR. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

I’m hoping this might help someone now. I’m not so good with taking pics, but this is a try. We are leaving tomorrow from PBR, and we added club level to our minion room. We did this previously in late 2018, so I can kind of compare club level from back then to now. For our family of five, it’s still a good deal. I don’t regret our decision one bit. Unfortunately due to covid, the food definitively seems less attractive. Fewer options for breakfast, dinner, and desserts, and the quality of food was so-so. However, it was fast, convenient, and the servers working there are soooo incredibly friendly and helpful. The wine pours were awesome. Everything is individually wrapped, and the servers serve you everything. I actually really appreciate the new way of doing buffets in general.

Otherwise, club level rules and policies are the same. We took many snacks and waters to go. I will always try to add club level when we stay at PBR]

how much extra per night did you pay to add the CL lounge to your room. We went in 2019 ame feb 2020 and did club level room. I didn’t book it this time since I was worried the offerings would be reduced. But I may consider upgrading on-site Id possible.

I’m hoping this might help someone now. I’m not so good with taking pics, but this is a try. We are leaving tomorrow from PBR, and we added club level to our minion room. We did this previously in late 2018, so I can kind of compare club level from back then to now. For our family of five, it’s still a good deal. I don’t regret our decision one bit. Due to covid, the food definitively seems less attractive. Fewer options for breakfast, dinner, and desserts, and the quality of food was so-so. However, it was fast, convenient, and the servers working there are soooo incredibly friendly and helpful. My kids were always able to find something to eat. The wine pours were awesome. Everything is individually wrapped, and the servers serve you everything. I actually really appreciate the new way of doing buffets in general.

Otherwise, club level rules and policies are the same. We took many snacks and waters to go. I will always try to add club level when we stay at PBR. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the photos and feedback! Wow, I didn't know you could add CL to a room. Is this the same for all Loew's property?

Thanks for the photos and feedback! Wow, I didn't know you could add CL to a room. Is this the same for all Loew's property?

Yes, if available.

Certainly true of RP as I do know a couple of people who mentioned they have done it that way, but only if CL occupancy was low enough to accommodate it. Also read on here several who had asked to do that and were declined.

Yes, if available.

Certainly true of RP as I do know a couple of people who mentioned they have done it that way, but only if CL occupancy was low enough to accommodate it. Also read on here several who had asked to do that and were declined.

Good to know! I'm thinking the cost of adding CL depends when you're going as well? Like higher during peak season?

We are staying at Portofino in June of the this year, but unfortunately club level isn't available during our stay. :( I've heard that the only places to get breakfast at this time are Trattoria del Porto or Starbucks. I've been able to find the menu and prices for tdp, but I cannot find anything on what breakfast options are available (and their prices) at Starbucks.
Does anyone out there have any info. on their offerings?
Thanks so much for any help. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter