PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Less than 45 days til our first PB stay - any rooms area suggestions? We have booked two connecting rooms.
TIA
I liked the 6th floor. I joked to DD we had her "castle view" we usually get at WDW. This time was hogwarts lol. It was neat to see the tops of the rides/parks from our room.

However our room was a hike to anywhere. We were in 2677 which is at the end of villas.C1457E1F-F688-4B86-AEA2-3975A35AEA99.jpeg

We are staying at Portofino for the first time, after many trips to RPR and SF. Someone in my group (not me, lol) is interested in using the fitness center. I assume it has reopened and isn't requiring masks for fully vaccinated guests.
I can't find much about the fitness center. What types of exercise equipment do they have? Are there photos online? How late does it close? Where is it located in the complex? Is it fine to just show up if you're a hotel guest over age 18, or are reservations required now?

We are staying at Portofino for the first time, after many trips to RPR and SF. Someone in my group (not me, lol) is interested in using the fitness center. I assume it has reopened and isn't requiring masks for fully vaccinated guests.
I can't find much about the fitness center. What types of exercise equipment do they have? Are there photos online? How late does it close? Where is it located in the complex? Is it fine to just show up if you're a hotel guest over age 18, or are reservations required now?

Yes, there are pictures online if you do a Google search.

It`s attached to the Mandara Spa. I think it opens at 5am and closes at 8pm maybe 9, but call the hotel and check if you can`t find that information out online as times may be subject to change.

The link below gives you some details of what the Fitness Centre has.

https://www.loewshotels.com/portofino-bay-hotel/discover/mandara-spa

In reading more about this unique resort, from my understanding club level rooms are spread throughout the hotel and club lounge is located next to the main lobby, what I don't understand is how to obtain a CL room close to the lounge with easy access to boats. What should I request to have this?

In reading more about this unique resort, from my understanding club level rooms are spread throughout the hotel and club lounge is located next to the main lobby, what I don't understand is how to obtain a CL room close to the lounge with easy access to boats. What should I request to have this?

You request exactly that. We requested a "quiet" room so we were put in at the very end of the hallway in the Villa section, definitely a HIKE but VERY quiet! We made a mental note to request a room on a high floor in the main Villa section above Sal's for next time. Some Villa rooms face the main beach pool which is loud, we do not want to be in that section.

You request exactly that. We requested a "quiet" room so we were put in at the very end of the hallway in the Villa section, definitely a HIKE but VERY quiet! We made a mental note to request a room on a high floor in the main Villa section above Sal's for next time. Some Villa rooms face the main beach pool which is loud, we do not want to be in that section.

Thank you! Should I request this now over the phone, I don't remember seeing this as an option online? We have a late check in, most likely 9:30pm.

Thank you! Should I request this now over the phone, I don't remember seeing this as an option online? We have a late check in, most likely 9:30pm.

Any requests get them in as soon as you can, they`ll add the request to your reservation.

So club rooms are not located all together? It looks like the west wing would suit us best as we are park walkers. Do they have CL rooms in the west wing? We just booked our first stay at PBR for September!!!

So club rooms are not located all together? It looks like the west wing would suit us best as we are park walkers. Do they have CL rooms in the west wing? We just booked our first stay at PBR for September!!!

Correct, not in one specific area or floor, although the Villa area is typically the primary area they look to put you, the WW is a great location! Have fun! We’ll be there for a couple of weeks in October!

Is there a bus that takes you directly to Volcano Bay from the hotel?

Yes, there is a bus that takes you. When we were there in May, the bus also stopped at Hard Rock.

Also, at the end of the day, make sure you don’t get in the line for the Citywalk garage. That line was long, but the line for the Portofino bus was not. We kept getting directed to the wrong line!

You are so welcome.......glad you have your request in, will keep fingers crossed you get what you want...... :flower3:

This ^ as we're checking in late like around 9:30pm. Sometimes you get what you get!
I'm beyond excited to try a new resort and have more space, instead of 3 adults there will be four! And the icing, we'll be back at Universal & WDW!!!
Houston (that's you schumigirl), we are a GO! 123 days until lift off 584872

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter