PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Does anyone know if the club level queen rooms all have bay view? Also, are these rooms spread throughout the resort… west wing, east wing and villa? I also saw a video on one of these rooms with a door to the toilet area, somewhat compartmentalized. Do all of the club rooms have this feature or just certain areas of the resort?
I'm here now in a club room. I have the separate toilet. I have 2 beds and a table, no couch. My husband and son think they are full beds not queens. This is our view. We are also very far from the lounge.

Attachments

• 20210829_193008.jpg
    20210829_193008.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210829_193004.jpg
    20210829_193004.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 62
I'm here now in a club room. I have the separate toilet. I have 2 beds and a table, no couch. My husband and son think they are full beds not queens. This is our view. We are also very far from the lounge.
Thanks for the info! We actually returned from our trip a few weeks ago. We somehow lucked out and they surprisingly gave us bay view. We weren’t too far from the lounge (room was in Villas section). The walk was just a few minutes including an elevator ride and walking across the lovely lobby… oh that lobby smell was just divine!! We also ended up with a separate toilet area which was nice. We didn’t have a couch which was fine. The more I think about it, I wonder if just the king rooms have a couch which doubles as a sleeper sofa. Enjoy your stay!! I miss my morning walks to the parks sipping my tea from the lounge!

So, if we are staying club level during the renovations should we request a villa area room if possible?

So, if we are staying club level during the renovations should we request a villa area room if possible?
That would be the closest to the lounge. I was going to originally request West Wing and then changed my mind to Villa. When I called to request Villa, the TM on the phone said all of the club rooms are in Villa section anyways.

That would be the closest to the lounge. I was going to originally request West Wing and then changed my mind to Villa. When I called to request Villa, the TM on the phone said all of the club rooms are in Villa section anyways.
Thank you! I thought I saw someone say that all of the club rooms were over there right now but then couldn’t find it again.

Thank you! I thought I saw someone say that all of the club rooms were over there right now but then couldn’t find it again.
Keep in mind some of the villa rooms are far. We just got back and we were literally the last room on the hallway. There were times I wanted a coffee but didn't go because the walk was so long. I would request close to lobby.

Keep in mind some of the villa rooms are far. We just got back and we were literally the last room on the hallway. There were times I wanted a coffee but didn't go because the walk was so long. I would request close to lobby.

so the club room during renovations is near the lobby?

so the club room during renovations is near the lobby?
Yes not very far at all from the lobby. From the lobby with the front desk on your right, you’ll turn right and go down a little hallway then turn left and it’ll be right there just down a little ways. It’ll be on the right-hand side.

Yes not very far at all from the lobby. From the lobby with the front desk on your right, you’ll turn right and go down a little hallway then turn left and it’ll be right there just down a little ways. It’ll be on the right-hand side.

Do you walk past the business center on your right, and a small store and bathrooms on your left when walking down that hallway?

Do you walk past the business center on your right, and a small store and bathrooms on your left when walking down that hallway?
Yes I remember a store and then bathrooms on my left when I was just about there.

After turning right at the lobby… if you kept going straight instead of turning left to the next hallway, you’d see the huge spiral staircase with the baby grand down below. However, as stated in my post above, you’d turn left towards the lounge.

It is now in a few of the ballrooms. Tuscan ballrooms I think? Lounge is in one. Then two smaller ballrooms used for seating. Outdoor seating is close by as well.

The above directions I gave were from a Villa bay view room. There might be a quicker way from a different area although we loved that way with the sights and the lobby scent.

Yes to store and business center. I didn't notice the bathrooms though. I cut through outside most of the time.

Does anyone have the email for club level requests? I searched the thread and nothing came up.

Do the King Bay View rooms have sleeper sofas? I am finding conflicting information if all, some, or none do.
We just stayed 8/23-8/25 in a two-bedroom villa suite, fifth floor, bay view, in the west wing. One of the rooms was a king, and yes, it did have a sleeper. It was a nice surprise, all my kids were able to have their own sleeping surface, no sharing a bed.

Overall, I thought that Portofino was really pretty and I loved the location of our room (we had balconies!), but I feel the service was just a bit better when we stayed over at the hard rock in May.

One perfect example is….had to open a bottle of wine while at both hotels and needed a wine bottle opener. Texted the Hard Rock front desk if we could have a wine bottle opener and they said, no problem, don’t worry about stopping by front desk, we will leave it on the door for you right away (we were eating at The Kitchen at the time we texted), and…ROCK ON! :D Lol And it was there in a bag hanging on our door when we got done eating, no problem.
Same thing with Portofino, called front desk and asked, said it would be right up…Two hours later…knock on door, I thought it was housekeeping coming to clean our bathroom (see below), nope. It was a girl with a….can opener. Lol :rotfl2: By that time, we had already given up and just opened the screw top instead!

Regarding the bathroom…we had a two-bedroom villa suite, which consisted of a king bedroom, two queen, and like a parlour suite in between with a pull out couch and huge dining table and another full bathroom. Upon checking in, I noticed the toilet in the parlor section had obviously not been cleaned…like gross.
So I was like, no one is using this bathroom until it’s done. Immediately called.
Sure, be right up…hour later, no one.
Called again to remind them, (it was at this time we asked about the wine bottle opener.)
Sure, be right up….two hours later…(this was the knock with the can opener, no housekeeping.) This girl didn’t know what I was talking about regarding the bathroom, so I said, never mind. It was like 10 pm at this point, my kids needed to go to bed, and asked for it to be done tomorrow while we’re at the park.…
Got back around 3pm from park next day, still not done. So no one is using this bathroom during this time, and it would have been nice to have for getting ready since there were eight of us. I would have just done it myself, but there was nothing to clean it with!
So I called again and this time someone was up within 20 minutes and cleaned it.
And no, I didn’t go back to front desk to complain, we were just too busy. And I’m really not usually a complainer. But I got an email for a survey, which I will fill out.

Also, something I found strange…i always travel with those zippered allergen pillowcase things to put over hotel pillows. I put one on each of our pillows. After housekeeping had come in while we were in the park, they made the beds and two of our pillows with those pillowcases were gone, with new pillows in place :rolleyes2 like, what? Lol Not all of them, just two, on different beds.
Oh, and they didn’t bother to clean that toilet while they were in there making beds. I was just so confused…

The balcony was awesome, though!
And the opera singer!
And the chicken fingers at the pool bar! Actually, all the food there was good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter