PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

This questions gets asked all the time on the forums.

IMO club level is a convenience and a luxury. It's not advertised or designed that you will "get your money's worth".
It's highly unlikely that many people would get $150-$250 a day of food & drinks out of the experience.

It's a luxury that some people want and will pay for. Just like staying in a bigger room or a nicer hotel.

So if your only reason for considering it is from a value perspective than I wouldn't pay for it.
We got a club rate of about $100 (or a bit less) *more than* the rate for a standard room... and there are four of us... It feels that even if we only eat breakfast in the lounge and bring a few drinks with us for later, we have gotten "value." This trip we also plan to return to the hotel each afternoon for a pool break when the club lounge will also have drinks and snacks available. Considering this situation, we will certainly have value. I agree that it is not always going to be the case. We were lucky to have found/booked an exceptionally good rate (off peak times).

I just grabbed what feels like a ridiculously expensive club level room at an AP rate ($608) but it was still cheaper than a standard room at Hard Rock or Royal Pacific which didn’t have AP rate for my dates. So I think I’m pretty happy 😊

11:30pm? I’m afraid you’ll probably be restricted to room service. Sal’s is normally the last food place to shut but that closes at 11pm.

Thanks. Sounds like we better pack some snacks and eat good before we board the plane!

We'll be arriving at Portofino around 11:30. Are there any options to grab something to eat?
You can eat at the pool which is Splendio Bar and Grill. The food is good And they do burgers, nachos and salads. There is also good food at Sals Market deli. They do pizza and sandwiches and grab and go. Both are pretty quick.

sorry just saw the pm. The thirsty fish is usually open until midnight and it may do in a pinch

Sometimes I wonder if reading and re-reading threads is a good idea! J/K! We had all but decided on RPR and DH now has me researching PBR. If we decided on a Club 2 Queen with a rollaway and were to make a room location request, where would we request? Looks like all CL are in the Villa Wing, correct? If we requested 3rd floor close to the Club, would that help us with our needs below?

Our needs are no stairs, and easily accessing the Club and the boat or walking path without having to juggle too many "take the elevator to this floor, then walk to this bank of elevators to take it to this floor" type transfers. It's just a PIA with a WC and the only reason we disliked the walk from SF/Aventura.

Sometimes I wonder if reading and re-reading threads is a good idea! J/K! We had all but decided on RPR and DH now has me researching PBR. If we decided on a Club 2 Queen with a rollaway and were to make a room location request, where would we request? Looks like all CL are in the Villa Wing, correct? If we requested 3rd floor close to the Club, would that help us with our needs below?

Our needs are no stairs, and easily accessing the Club and the boat or walking path without having to juggle too many "take the elevator to this floor, then walk to this bank of elevators to take it to this floor" type transfers. It's just a PIA with a WC and the only reason we disliked the walk from SF/Aventura.

Yes, close to the lounge and elevators would be a good request.

We just stayed at PBR Club Level last week with our son who uses a wheelchair. Our room was in the Villa wing, 6th floor. We used the same bank of elevators to access the Club Lounge on the 3rd floor and the outdoor walking path on the first floor, which was good. Our room was down a very long hallway, though, and the carpet was thick. It made pushing the wheelchair a little harder. So a request of near the elevators would help if you don’t want deal with that.

There are steps going down into the club lounge at the main entrance, but you can use the alternate entrance with a nice ramp to the left of the main entrance. The lounge exit has a nice ramp leading up to the exit door. We didn‘t have any trouble getting around the lounge with a wheelchair.

FWIW, we had put in a request for a balcony and it was fulfilled. So they definitely do look at requests. Good luck and have a great trip!

Yes, close to the lounge and elevators would be a good request.

We just stayed at PBR Club Level last week with our son who uses a wheelchair. Our room was in the Villa wing, 6th floor. We used the same bank of elevators to access the Club Lounge on the 3rd floor and the outdoor walking path on the first floor, which was good. Our room was down a very long hallway, though, and the carpet was thick. It made pushing the wheelchair a little harder. So a request of near the elevators would help if you don’t want deal with that.

There are steps going down into the club lounge at the main entrance, but you can use the alternate entrance with a nice ramp to the left of the main entrance. The lounge exit has a nice ramp leading up to the exit door. We didn‘t have any trouble getting around the lounge with a wheelchair.

FWIW, we had put in a request for a balcony and it was fulfilled. So they definitely do look at requests. Good luck and have a great trip!
Thank you so much for the info! Was your room an accessible room too? Our DX is ambulatory and only uses a chair for certain occasions, like being on her feet all day at the parks without places to rest. I never want to take an accessible room from someone who really needs the space and modifications.

Thank you for the info on the Club entrance and ramp locations. Mornings tend to be her better times so we encourage her to get up and move. Fingers crossed she'll be up and walking most mornings while we hit the Club for breakfast.

Thank you so much for the info! Was your room an accessible room too?

Fortunately our son does fine in a regular hotel room too. It’s a lot easier to get your location requests met in a regular room. The only issue we had was that the PB rooms have a walk-in shower instead of a tub, and he has a hard time standing in a shower. We brought along a small collapsible shower stool for him, and it worked well. The showers are nice and large.

Fortunately our son does fine in a regular hotel room too. It’s a lot easier to get your location requests met in a regular room. The only issue we had was that the PB rooms have a walk-in shower instead of a tub, and he has a hard time standing in a shower. We brought along a small collapsible shower stool for him, and it worked well. The showers are nice and large.
Thank you so much! One more question. Was the bathroom one big room, or did you have a split bath with the toilet in a separate room?

Thank you so much! One more question. Was the bathroom one big room, or did you have a split bath with the toilet in a separate room?

Split bath. The toilet is in its own little room with a door, right off the main bath area where the sinks and shower are. The main bath is nice sized and has a door also, which is great for getting ready in the morning. Some rooms may have a shower/tub combo (I think), but we wanted a balcony most, so we requested that and came prepared in case we got a walk-in shower.

The Club Level rooms are all Deluxe rooms which are extra large, especially compared to Royal Pacific. The extra space is great when you are keeping a wheelchair and maybe other special needs things in the room!

edited: You can find videos on you tube that show the deluxe rooms and bathrooms. I was going to post one but it had a promo frame at the end. They are easy to find though.

Last edited:
Yeah I just came to ask the same. Booked this awhile back for October 2023 with no notification of this work being done. Hopefully it isn’t too disruptive. Would pivot to HRH but we’re using the Amex Plat deal for this trip.

Yeah I just came to ask the same. Booked this awhile back for October 2023 with no notification of this work being done. Hopefully it isn’t too disruptive. Would pivot to HRH but we’re using the Amex Plat deal for this trip.

It sounds minimal to me I hope? We are in early October as well.

I am looking at the map and trying to see which wing is closer to the walking path. The west wing or the hospitality wing? Also, I have seen there is also a path you can take that cuts across the hard rock parking lot. We usually stay at hard rock but wanted to try Portofino for October. Any help would be appreciated. Would be nice if there was a room finder option on touring plans for universal hotels. The room we have reserved is a 1 bedroom suite garden view if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter