Portofino Bay Hotel

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
I'm going to the Portofino Bay Hotel this mounth. Do you think the Portofino Bay Hotel is on par with the Grand Floridian. It better be I'm paying $200/night!

You would be paying more than that at the GF, most people think it is nicer than the GF. We love the Portofino, have stayed five times. It is beautiful.

The Portofino looks brilliant. Check out www.nowt2do.com and see under USA 2k1, I am reviewing the hotel this summer, and there is a preview page already online.

I hope this will help!

I stayed at PB a couple of weeks ago and thought it was wonderful! I don't see any possible way you could be disappointed!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

The PB and GF are pretty different in their style, but I think the PB's standard rooms have got the GF beaten hands down. The European style and quality of finish of the PB rooms is just superb and, while it does not have those Disney touches, it is a wonderfully elegant and up-market proposition, with some excellent facilities. PB also has some more reasonably-priced dining options than GF and you can get to CityWalk from there much easier than you can get to DD from GF. Just a couple of thoughts, but I do rate the PB very highly (did I mention I like their rooms, too ;) .

I can only agree with everything the other posters have said. We have never stayed at GF, but the elegance and beauty at Portofino were beyond what I had expected. When you are out back on the plaza you feel like you are on the shores of a quaint Italian fishing village--it is just beautiful! The main pool area and hot tubs (with "waterfalls" spashing down the rock walls)were wonderful; inside, instead of quaint you have elegance and comfort. Service and attitude of all personnel was friendly and professional--as if they are all personnally happy that you are their guest. Only thing missing is--it's not Disney--no mouse touches. We had a great rate by using the entertainment card, and booking a standard room; plus, another promotion was in effect at the time we booked(last month)so we got the room for actually more than 50% off the rack rate--$145. If you are getting a standard room, and get the entertainment card, you may be able to save some more money--about $40 is possible, if those "rooms" are not booked yet. Good luck!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter