Portofino Bay Resort/Villa Rooms

nadine cordova

Earning My Ears
:) Anyone who has stayed in the Villa Rooms at the Portofino Bay
Resort, do they still have refreshments available in the lounge? I read a prior post that said they had discontinued this service.

Where is the Universal discussion board as mentioned by Barry ??
I thought I was here already !! LOL:o

What they discontinued was concierge service, I don't believe that all villa rooms were concierge since we stayed there right when it opened & had a villa room but not concierge. Then they had "Butler" service and discontinued that. We just stayed in a villa room last month, they are just larger rooms witha larger nicer bathroom.
They use the concierge lounge for travel arrangements at this time, but I heard they were thinking of bringing it back at some point, I guess there wasn't much of an interest in it.:rolleyes:

Currently there is no butler service or concierge. The only place to get concierge at right now is at the hard rock resort in a club room. Hopefully portofino will bring back the concierge soon for the villa rooms.

Been there done that on this merry go round...the villa rooms are now called the deluxe pool view and as stated do not have concierge.

Cora

:(
I have found that Universal seems to cancel certain services and continues to advertise it, even
though it's no longer available, that's too bad, it's one of the reasons I booked a deluxe pool
view room in the first place. Is the extra bathroom space worth the extra price, or should
I consider changing to a bay view room?

Originally posted by Cora
Been there done that on this merry go round...the villa rooms are now called the deluxe pool view and as stated do not have concierge.
Cora

When did they change the name of the villa rooms? I stayed in one on July 24th-26th & they were still called "villa" rooms, I knew they didn't have concierge any more but as far as I know they are still called villa rooms. And as far as the extra space in the bathrooms I don't think it's worth the $$, they are also a bit larger rooms & they are close to everything, both pools, restaurants, shops & lobby.

Actually I had attempted to book a villa room in April for our Oct Trip and was told they did not exist. I've also had several conversations with people at Loews (a whole story unto itself) and they also said villa rooms are no longer.

That's strange that you just stayed there and they called it that!
Cora

Originally posted by Cora
Actually I had attempted to book a villa room in April for our Oct Trip and was told they did not exist. I've also had several conversations with people at Loews (a whole story unto itself) and they also said villa rooms are no longer.

That's strange that you just stayed there and they called it that!
Cora

Actually, it's a matter of semantics. The whole main building is the "villa wing." It's still labelled as that on the guest map they give you. That was originally all concierge, then became "butler villa." Of course the concierge service and butler service was DC'd, but all the rooms in that building are still the same.....villa rooms. Outside the room, the ceramic tile with the room number says "villa" and the room number...eg Villa3505 They haven't gone round prying off the room number tiles.

There is also the East Wing rooms and the West Wing rooms, so it distinguishes what section of the hotel you're staying in. Also, the villa rooms' bathrooms are different than the East and West Wings' bathrooms. The villa rooms offer a jetted tub, with a cut out over the tub to look into the bedroom. There are shutters on this to open or close. There is also a separate shower stall in the corner across from the toilet. It is said the rooms are "slightly bigger" but I've stayed in both.....and if there is a difference, "slight" would be the key word. :)

Hope this clears it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter