Portofino club level and macys parade question

jppeek

Mouseketeer
Hello! I haven’t done the macys holiday parade at universal studios in like a decade and can’t remember the timing.

We have a two night trip in December, at Portofino club level and I believe the club is 5-7 and the parade is 5:30 (from what I’ve read)

Am I better off trying to do the parade then club or vice versa? Or is it just gonna be impossible to do both same night.

Appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide :)

Thanks!

You won't have enough time to visit the club before the parade. Plan on 20 minutes to walk or boat from Portofino, then additional time to enter the park and find a good spot to watch the parade at 5:30.

Parade ends a little before 6:00. If you leave immediately you should get back to the hotel before 6:30 by foot. Boats can be unreliable.

Check the schedule too. I believe on certain days the parade may start at 5:00 if the park closes early, but please don't quote me on this.

You won't have enough time to visit the club before the parade. Plan on 20 minutes to walk or boat from Portofino, then additional time to enter the park and find a good spot to watch the parade at 5:30.

Parade ends a little before 6:00. If you leave immediately you should get back to the hotel before 6:30 by foot. Boats can be unreliable.

Check the schedule too. I believe on certain days the parade may start at 5:00 if the park closes early, but please don't quote me on this.
Thank you very much! It would be super helpful if they did it at 5 one day, so I will keep an eye on the schedule :)

Anyone know where the best place to try and get a spot would be if I want to see the parade when it first starts and immediately get out (I know sometimes you can’t cross streets and stuff during parades, esc.)

Well… you need to study the resort map guide and the Macys Parade Route and then realize Portofino is not just across a street.
The closest Resort to walk would be Hard Rock Resort at Universal Studios .
The best place to get out fast would be standing in front of Today Cafe Just inside entry and close to nearby exit, The. best place to stand would be in front of Macys replica Dept Store .
Santa will light the tree nightly from his sleigh with a countdown
And the confetti is magical and sparkly …A million times better thanWDW fake snow on Main Street !
I have seen the real Macys Thanksgiving Parade in New York and love love love Universals Parade & love the Grinch !

Will you take advantage of the club level breakfast buffet?
Usually the club level timing make it impossible to get to the early entry or extra evening hours because they don’t have convenient hours.
Maybe modify Club level and just keep reservation for front of the line pass.
Guest services is excellent with modifying .
Do not cancel anything because availabilty and pricing will change !
But ask per phone call for assistance for the dates you need .
I would ask about Club Level for breakfast hours too.

Last edited:
Well… you need to study the resort map guide and the Macys Parade Route and then realize Portofino is not just across a street.
The closest Resort to walk would be Hard Rock Resort at Universal Studios .
The best place to get out fast would be standing in front of Today Cafe Just inside entry and close to nearby exit, The. best place to stand would be in front of Macys replica Dept Store .
Santa will light the tree nightly from his sleigh with a countdown
And the confetti is magical and sparkly …A million times better thanWDW fake snow on Main Street !
I have seen the real Macys Thanksgiving Parade in New York and love love love Universals Parade & love the Grinch !

Will you take advantage of the club level breakfast buffet?
Usually the club level timing make it impossible to get to the early entry or extra evening hours because they don’t have convenient hours.
Maybe modify Club level and just keep reservation for front of the line pass.
Guest services is excellent with modifying .
Do not cancel anything because availabilty and pricing will change !
But ask per phone call for assistance for the dates you need .
I would ask about Club Level for breakfast hours too.
Awesome info, thank you!

We will be utilizing breakfast at club and honestly the club part is one of the things I’m looking forward to the most.

My son is still a little young for a lot of the rides, so we will mostly be sightseeing and taking in Christmas decorations. We went for 2 nights in sept and one day we did ET 6 times, MIB 5 times, had a butter beer and split a giant donut, that was our entire day 😂😂

The parade route goes right past the main front entrance. You can watch from near the Bourne Stuntacular / across the street from the Hello Kitty area. That'll put you near enough to the exit, plus it's near the beginning of the parade route so you finish watching the end sooner.

The parade route goes right past the main front entrance. You can watch from near the Bourne Stuntacular / across the street from the Hello Kitty area. That'll put you near enough to the exit, plus it's near the beginning of the parade route so you finish watching the end sooner.
Thank you very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter