Portofino- club level or cabana?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked before! We are headed to Universal in late May for our first time and I’m considering adding on either club level or a cabana and would love your advice.
Details: 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 14)
We are flying in early Saturday with 8am arrival at MCO. Will take Uber/Lyft to Portofino and spend the day at the resort and exploring City walk. Next day- we plan on going to the two parks ( we will have a 1 day park to park ticket) and spending the whole day there, leaving in evening to grab our luggage from hotel and take Uber/Lyft to check into our Disney hotel.

So- if you had one entire resort day would you want club level or a cabana? OR. Should we spend that money elsewhere?

I cannot choose just one particular thing you could splurge on rather than those two items (there are all kind of things to do with that money), but if I had to choose between CL, or Cabana, I'd do CL. With CL you can enjoy it multiple times throughout your main resort / CW day, as well as throughout your stay, as you can even grab something before going to the parks and/or before leaving to go to your Disney hotel.

Sorry if this has been asked before! We are headed to Universal in late May for our first time and I’m considering adding on either club level or a cabana and would love your advice.
Details: 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 14)
We are flying in early Saturday with 8am arrival at MCO. Will take Uber/Lyft to Portofino and spend the day at the resort and exploring City walk. Next day- we plan on going to the two parks ( we will have a 1 day park to park ticket) and spending the whole day there, leaving in evening to grab our luggage from hotel and take Uber/Lyft to check into our Disney hotel.

So- if you had one entire resort day would you want club level or a cabana? OR. Should we spend that money elsewhere?

Portofino is a great resort. Our favourite at Universal for sure. Strawberry Mojitos poolside!!!! Having said that, I wouldn’t spend the money on CL or Cabana in your situation.
If anything, I’d add another day to my park ticket So that I didn’t have to rush to cram everything into one day. Then you could enjoy the resort, CW, and the parks at a more leisurely pace.

Portofino is a great resort. Our favourite at Universal for sure. Strawberry Mojitos poolside!!!! Having said that, I wouldn’t spend the money on CL or Cabana in your situation.
If anything, I’d add another day to my park ticket So that I didn’t have to rush to cram everything into one day. Then you could enjoy the resort, CW, and the parks at a more leisurely pace.
I agree. I'd make that first day a park day, too.

If you only have 1 park day and want to use the CL food benefits, you'd spend too much of your only day going back and forth between the parks and the hotel.

We have stayed CL at Portofino many times and always find it worth it. Food is good and it is so nice to have a lounge area to relax in. My kids are similar age and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter