Portofino club?

Elfeen

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of going to portofino club lounge in October but just read some pretty bad trip advisor reviews. Can anyone tell me what they serve for evening appetizers?

Thank you for that; I had read the thread and it looked good but it was 2011. Since then I have seen a number of reviews on trip advisor and these boards saying it has gone downhill so wondering if anyone has specific appetizers from recently so I can figure out if my dh will like it and if it's worth it.

Thank you for that; I had read the thread and it looked good but it was 2011. Since then I have seen a number of reviews on trip advisor and these boards saying it has gone downhill so wondering if anyone has specific appetizers from recently so I can figure out if my dh will like it and if it's worth it.

damo started that thread in 2011.
that thread is keep up by damo frequently and keeps it up to date.

i know for a fact that if someone talks in one of the threads about a food experience or hotel situation , or pictures a newbie putting her food pics on a differentthread, damo will post to them if she can include those pictures to share in her thread
damo is on top of things and keeps the thread fresh and up to date. a hard worker that person is !

what you read in it, has been current info
the only thing that might not hold today are some of the polls that are included in it for favorite places to eat, etc.

i take trip advisor as a grain of salt when it comes to some of the reviews for the darkside.
i dined with an acquantaince that made a dining report for trip advisor and he wrote the opposite of how he graded the meal we had together.
asked him why in the world would he do that, his reply was for a laugh...

some people will write anything not realizing the harm they can cause to a place.
and then there are others that just state the facts and give truthful, helpful opinions.

if you go read some of the trip reports on the darkside, most are mature enough to describe what they liked or didn't like and back it up with reasons.
that i can handle.
too many times a person will avoid a place to many off reviews.
reviews that had a slant to it due to a personal issue.

i'll end my post by saying damo started the thread to help newbies and all that wanted info on tasty foods in the park.
it was done to help and guide others.
it didn't start in 2011 but still is a work of fine process.

menus change for the club lounges in order to give variety and what the guests want.

someone that plans to stay club level could always send them a question in advance to inquire what food items will be offered for their dates of stay.

We have stayed club 3 times at PBH since 2011..We stayed in 2012, 2013 and recently in Jan 2015.They did downsize some of the offerings( they were so extensive it was almost obscene ), there is still plenty and they are quite good and we wont hesitate to stay club again ( we are already booked for next August).Initially right after Diagon Alley opened in summer last year all the club lounges downsized and quality suffered.One of the longtime employees in the lounge at PBH said they received a HUGE number of complaints and since then they have tried to improve things.We went in Jan 2015 and other than changes in the number of offerings they had, we didn't notice any difference from when we stayed in summer 2013 , and we do partake in the lounge everyday of our5 day- weeklong trips( usually breakfast, evening appys and desserts..rarely did we go in at noon other than to gab some pretzels and sodas for by the pool)

There are comments on that PBH Club Level thread up to fall 2014, so it should help somewhat. I honestly don't believe it has changed in the past couple of years.

If you are a budget traveller who stays club level for the first time in your life you will find the club level at PBH wonderful. If you are a person who is used to staying at luxury hotels you will find that it is not quite the luxury you expected. I think that is why the reviews on tripadvisor vary greatly. We are middle class people and have only stayed at luxury hotels a few times in our lives and we thought the club level was great and we enjoyed getting a feeling of how rich people live.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter