• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portofino room location

cab0ad

disney lover
I booked a 2 queen Garden View room. I am guessing it will likely be in the East wing? I would love West wing closer to the boat and beach pool, but I am thinking those are all upgraded views. Am I correct? Any advice on where to request a queen Gaeden view without a long walk to transportation and the beach pool? I have never been there but I have read it is pretty spread out.

Garden view can be East Wing. It can also be the backside of West Wing that isn't facing the pool. There are also part of the Villa Wing that can be garden view.

I honestly don't find anything to be that bad of a walk compared to some of the WDW resorts.

I booked a 2 queen Garden View room. I am guessing it will likely be in the East wing? I would love West wing closer to the boat and beach pool, but I am thinking those are all upgraded views. Am I correct? Any advice on where to request a queen Gaeden view without a long walk to transportation and the beach pool? I have never been there but I have read it is pretty spread out.

I would request west wing if possible. There are GV rooms and overall great location.

We just asked the front desk when we checked in to RPR. We had obvious physical problems, and need closer to the boat dock, so they put us in a room that was very close, but I can't remember where exactly. I think they keep alot of those room s for those with mobility issues. You could try at check in to see.

Kind of related I guess. We have a Club Level 2 Queen Room booked for next month. Are those all on the west side of the property by the Beach and Villa pools, or can they also be in the East wing?

We have this same booking next week, also curious. I've read the club rooms are all spread out-are they really all over the place or somewhat concentrated to a general area?

Kind of related I guess. We have a Club Level 2 Queen Room booked for next month. Are those all on the west side of the property by the Beach and Villa pools, or can they also be in the East wing?
We have this same booking next week, also curious. I've read the club rooms are all spread out-are they really all over the place or somewhat concentrated to a general area?

Club rooms are typically in the Villa section, however it is possible to be placed in other areas and still be CL.

We asked or West Wing in the online check in, but given that we're not actually arriving until the evening I'll be surprised if we get it. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

When do you arrive?

It was supposed to be at 7pm tonight but our flight got canceled due to the weather in Orlando :( I've already called to let them know. Lucky for my kids their mom is a crazy person who stalked the weather reports days in advance and booked a backup flight with points. So we're arriving tomorrow evening if that one goes. If not, it's just not meant to be for us.

It was supposed to be at 7pm tonight but our flight got canceled due to the weather in Orlando :( I've already called to let them know. Lucky for my kids their mom is a crazy person who stalked the weather reports days in advance and booked a backup flight with points. So we're arriving tomorrow evening if that one goes. If not, it's just not meant to be for us.
Good thinking About booking back up flight. I always watch weather too but mostly to know what to pack. Fingers crossed for you.

Good thinking About booking back up flight. I always watch weather too but mostly to know what to pack. Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of it but we live abroad and there is never more than 1-2 direct flights to Orlando a day. Our friend was visiting from Orlando and his flight got canceled on Sunday, by the time he found out the only option he had left was a 2AM flight that had a stop. NOT something I want to do with 3 kids (2 mine, 1 my friend's). So it lit a fire under my butt to have some kind of contingency plan. My friend is like, it's in God's hands now we've done all that we can!

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of it but we live abroad and there is never more than 1-2 direct flights to Orlando a day. Our friend was visiting from Orlando and his flight got canceled on Sunday, by the time he found out the only option he had left was a 2AM flight that had a stop. NOT something I want to do with 3 kids (2 mine, 1 my friend's). So it lit a fire under my butt to have some kind of contingency plan. My friend is like, it's in God's hands now we've done all that we can!
I’m going with you’ll make it! What view did you book? We booked a GV so have no idea what it will be. Last time had bay view.

Did you get to Orlando ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter