Poseiden's Fury??

i dont know the entire sequence, but it is a walk through show. where you go into different rooms and there are awesome special effects, lasers, fire, etc. a really cool water funnel. i think it is worth it to walk through.

Some people on this board really like this show....I personally think it is the biggest waste of space in IOA. I was praying for an escape route half way through....but couldn't find one. I thought it was too long, it was freezing inside the theaters, and I felt claustrophobic (too many people in too small of a space). You don't get to sit down in the entire half hour that the tour is. Apparently, it used to be way better than it is now, but they of course changed it. The only cool thing about this was the water tunnel, but you couldn't pay me enough to do this one again just for this part of the show!

I have to agree with the above post. Wife and I went in April and it was quite boring. We were walking out of Seuss Land and this was the first thing we saw. It looked really cool and we thought we were in for something special. Man...if only I knew. It was so boring and the "acting" was really bad, worse than expected for a theme park. Don't waste your time. Spend some time on the Seuss rides...those are really fun, even for adults.

no worse than jaws and don't even get me started on the actors on jaws.
I mean come on when ya shoot at the shark shoot in the direction of it not away from it cause she was shooting one way and the explosions where on the otherside and thought the shark would scare my kids but it was so fake they just laughed and said its boring dad lets never ride it agian.:lmao:
at least this ride has some cool fx's in it.

We love it, its one of my DS favorite attractions.

Taylor is hilarious!

I really like Poseidon's Fury as long as it doesn't have a 30 minute line or longer.If you've never seen it,I think it's a must-do.But if you've done it before it's not something I'd wait a long time in line for.

This is my favorite attraction at IOA.

As a side note, you should bring your appetite to this attraction because across from the entrance is the best theme park restaurant on the planet. It's called Mythos so do make it a point of going there. Now back to the attraction.

It starts with long winding corridors that eventually lead into a small chamber where you are met by a archaeologist who will start telling you about the history of the chamber you are in and will point out carvings and sayings and then goes into the story of Poseidon.

You are the lead into another chamber where more or story is told but then you start hearing voices and then see lights and then are prompted to go deeper ino the chamber but must fist pass through the water tunnel (one of the coolest special effects ever). This leads to a much larger chamber where the main show and finale of the attraction take place.

Water, fire, special effects, what more could you ask??

Did I mention Mythos before or after the show?

IMHO, it's the best indoor water theatre in Orlando. Really, a must see if you enjoy special FX. Sadly, the story is pretty lame. I go every visit just to drink in the FX. Awesome!

The "tunnel of water" is worth seeing if you have never been before. The water effects in the final room are good as well.

Definately a must do once. After that only as the spirit moves you. :cool2:

Thanks for all the replies everyone! We went to it on Monday. We got to the 1st chamber and both of my DD's freaked out! :eek: They were totally scared! We had to escape from there, and didn't continue with the tour! Oh well, I guess it's something that DH and I will do on our own sometime.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! We went to it on Monday. We got to the 1st chamber and both of my DD's freaked out! :eek: They were totally scared! We had to escape from there, and didn't continue with the tour! Oh well, I guess it's something that DH and I will do on our own sometime.

REMINDS ME OF WHEN I TOOK DS 11 IN JUNE AND HE WAS SO TERRIFIED THAT WHEN HE WANTED TO GET OUT HE LED ME OUT OF AN EMERGENCY EXIT AND WE ENDED UP ON THE BACKLOT AND LIKE NEVER FOUND OUR WAY BACK INTO THE PARK AND REMEBERED PEOPLE SEEING US THAT WORKED THERE BUT NEVER TOLD US HOW TO GET BACK IN AND LEFT US TO FIGURE IT OUT ON OUR OWN.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter