Posiedon's is no Fury!

scauzilloc

DisneyMaster
My wife and I just got back from IOA and let me tell you we were very disappointed with the New Posieden's Fury. We have seen the old show at least 20 times and it was so much better. First off, when the doors opened up, the water had just started going up to make the tunnel so we got to see how that was done. Then when you went into the last room. The walls were already down and when the bright light flashed which was suppose to blind you, it didn't. We saw the walls moving slowly up into the ceiling and then the in the end the walls slowly came down, and it was not dark at all. I loved how the old one made you feel as if there was some really cool special effects going on in order to create the illusion that you were transformed into the first room in the end. This just ruined it all. I will never ever go on that ride again. I now know how all the effects were done and it is not so interesting anymore.

Sorry you didn't get to experience the true effects. We were there the week of July 4 and the vortex was already going when the doors opened and we were MOST DEFINITELY blinded by the flash of light. The effects were great. There must have been some technical difficulties when you saw it.

the early days of the new show were filled with synchronization errors and technical difficulties. I was suprised to see it open so much ahead of the posted time. they should have done the rehersals a bit more and got it right. the first 15 - 20 days of this rides opening were not a shining moment in IOA history. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by scauzilloc
First off, when the doors opened up, the water had just started going up to make the tunnel so we got to see how that was done.... I now know how all the effects were done and it is not so interesting anymore.

Actually, I think it's supposed to happen this way and I kinda like it. Seeing the vortex form before your eyes is neat!

in the original show if you were on the far right side of the room before you went thru the vortex, the stone rolled to the right in such a way that the vortex was forming while it rolled and those on the right were shielded by the rolling stone. {papa was a rolling stone}. left and center people watched it form and those on the right did not have a clue that they were missing anything.:)

Yea I remember seeing the vortex form once the doors opened. Not having seen the show before, I thought it was normal. Oh well. LOL. Sorry to hear you didn't like it though. :(

I have only seen the "new" version. The actor portraying "Taylor" was very good. Over the top a bit, but it worked. He did a lot to make the show good.

Since I had not seen the previous version. I had no idea what to expect when we entered the third room. With the walls down, I did not know what was behind them. And, since I didn't know they were rising in the dark, I didn't notice it. When the lights came back on, it was quite a transformation. What was it like before? The walls were already up when you entered that room? Seems that would take away part of the "show" to me.

From what I've read before, Zues was the "bad guy" before. I'm no expert on mythology, but don't recall Zues being a "bad guy." The new "bad guy" seemed a bit like that Darth Maul character, though.

I thought it was really good, but can't compare it to the original, I never saw it.

Posiedon was the bad "god" before. I bet its still a great show. I'll let you know in Dec

Originally posted by CoasterFEV
You went on a ride in Poseidon's Fury????
sorry CoasterFEV, lets call it an attraction.
The attraction had no sound in the last room and darkenon and posiden pulled one of those silent movie fights.
i bet the universal data gatherers outside the exit doors wish they had a ride away from the comments that day

No audio in Show Scene #4 (Destiny) was a huge problem for the first few days the attraction re-opened. It was an issue that seemed to "come and go" as it pleased making it very difficult for the techs to diagnose the problem.

Of course, it's been fixed for quite some time now and even most of the flame effects are working now! I think the show is outstanding and the best yet for that building!

I liked the original more from a character standpoint. the visuals of posideon and zeus were within the realm of acceptance, and mythological lore. But what the heck was a Darkenon????. i do not recall that name from any acient lore??????:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter