Positive Covid Home Test: Steps to get 90-Day-Recovered?

leannak

DIS Veteran
If you get a positive at-home Covid test within 90 days of sailing, what do you do? Testing appointment at CVS? Do you need a letter too, then? How do you get that? And what do you do with the documentation after getting it? Can you process it right away with DCL or do you need to wait until within 3 days of sailing? Are the steps different for USA cruise vs. European?

Thank you for any guidance!

I believe you upload official positive test results onto the safe passage website when that opens for you- within 15 days of your cruise departure.

If you get a positive at-home Covid test within 90 days of sailing, what do you do? Testing appointment at CVS? Do you need a letter too, then? How do you get that? And what do you do with the documentation after getting it? Can you process it right away with DCL or do you need to wait until within 3 days of sailing? Are the steps different for USA cruise vs. European?

Thank you for any guidance!
If that scenario occurs, 1st thing to do now is to get an official test that is being proctored. So you can make an appointment and get a NAAT or PCR at CVS. Safe passage wants you to have a documented result that has your name on it, dob, what type of test, date of test done, and test result etc. You can't upload anything to safe passage until 15 days of your cruise.

Then you just need to find a provider that says you are cleared to travel.

I can speak as a physician who has written 90-day recovered letters. Get yourself an official test and then make an appointment with your healthcare provider or a telehealth provider. They will just need to provide a letter on the practice letterhead stating that you tested positive on xx/xx/xx and have recovered from Covid-19 and are cleared for travel. You will then upload the letter to the Safe Passage site when it opens.

So I tested positive on a at home test on Thursday and we go in 85 days. Is it necessary for a 90 day recovery letter?

So I tested positive on a at home test on Thursday and we go in 85 days. Is it necessary for a 90 day recovery letter?
It's not required, but if you choose to the 90-day recovery letter process it will spare you from having to take the test immediately prior to the cruise. Some people still test positive for several weeks after Covid.

It's not required, but if you choose to the 90-day recovery letter process it will spare you from having to take the test immediately prior to the cruise. Some people still test positive for several weeks after Covid.
Thank you!

I can speak as a physician who has written 90-day recovered letters. Get yourself an official test and then make an appointment with your healthcare provider or a telehealth provider. They will just need to provide a letter on the practice letterhead stating that you tested positive on xx/xx/xx and have recovered from Covid-19 and are cleared for travel. You will then upload the letter to the Safe Passage site when it opens.
Thank you! So is a CVS type test okay or is it better to go to one's regular doctor for the test? Can they do the okay to travel letter then or do you have to go back for a negative test or something at some point?

Post #16 of this thread shows a screenshot of the SafePassage requirements.

The pharmacy test should be ok as long as they provide written proof of the positive. What your healthcare provider may require before writing a "recovered" letter depends - you may want to call and ask. You cannot get the "recovered" letter at the same time you test positive, but they'll accept the letter from any medical provider who will write one for you. (Some doctors are hesitant.)

Thank you! So is a CVS type test okay or is it better to go to one's regular doctor for the test? Can they do the okay to travel letter then or do you have to go back for a negative test or something at some point?

Yes a CVS test is fine! Just have it sent to the provider who will be eventually writing your letter.

My DSis did have a positive test 45 days ago, and has the positive information required. She tested negative at home today. Should she continue following the “90 day positive protocols” or just test the day before we sail as the rest of us will be doing. We sail in 40 days!!

My DSis did have a positive test 45 days ago, and has the positive information required. She tested negative at home today. Should she continue following the “90 day positive protocols” or just test the day before we sail as the rest of us will be doing. We sail in 40 days!!
Was the negative test a PCR test? That is more sensitive than an antigen test. The safest thing is to try for the 90 day recovery letter, just in case she tests positive later.

Was the negative test a PCR test? That is more sensitive than an antigen test. The safest thing is to try for the 90 day recovery letter, just in case she tests positive later.
She tested negative at home on one of the free tests from government. So, that’s antigen, correct??

I will tell her what you suggest. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter