• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POSITIVE recent POTC experiences? Check in please!

We rode twice between October 23 and November 2. I was sitting on to right and got splashed b cannon fire on one ride, otherwise no one got wet. We saw some splashes on the floor of the boat, but no standing water.

Our family rode multiple times between 10/18 and 10/24. Other than a few drops, we did not get wet. The boats did not seem to have water in the bottom either. I'm sure my kids would hAve complained if their sandals had gotten wet. It should be noted that while DH and I are good-sized adults, our children are small. The two rows we took up would have been much lighter than rows of packed in adults. That might account for the difference.

We rode it several times the day it re-opened! A little splash when we sat in the front row, but every other time, no issues with water. And the lines weren't that long - 15-25 minutes each of the six times we rode - but I have heard it's gone up since then.

Our experience last week was along the lines of PPs. No wetness besides maybe a drop or two from cannon splashes, and I thought everything looked great.

We rode a couple of weeks ago - several times - never got more than a spray from the drop and cannons. I will say though that our boats were not overloaded on any of our rides. We did not sit in front on any of our rides.

We rode it multiple times on our trip 2 weeks ago. 2 adults, 3 kids. No one got more wet than a few splashes. But the floor was always soaking. We sat in the front and second rows

I guess I don't understand, just because some people are staying dry doesn't mean others aren't getting wet?

We rode during MNSSHP on Sept 27, the ride looked good, liked both characters on the mist/waterfall, Barbossa in uniform was fun, the dog with the keys looked really different! We were towards the back of the boat and did not get wet, but based on the screams I think others on the boat did. Didn't really notice about water pooled in the boat though as we were all soaked and dripping from the rain deluge that hit before we got to Pirates to wait it out...

I guess I don't understand, just because some people are staying dry doesn't mean others aren't getting wet?

We rode during MNSSHP on Sept 27, the ride looked good, liked both characters on the mist/waterfall, Barbossa in uniform was fun, the dog with the keys looked really different! We were towards the back of the boat and did not get wet, but based on the screams I think others on the boat did. Didn't really notice about water pooled in the boat though as we were all soaked and dripping from the rain deluge that hit before we got to Pirates to wait it out...
I think the point is that not everybody is having a negative experience. Some of the threads on the Dis Boards can become very gloom & doom in nature...people like to be reassured that they can have a positive experience.

We rode last week and had no problems. We're 2 larger adults and were sat in the front seat. Other than a couple of drops we were fairly dry

Both of our rides in early October were awesome. It had just been refurbed and everything looked fresh. New fur on gogs, everything working, nice mist effects... and... we didn't get a drop of water on us.

Dan

We didn't get wet. The audio animatronics worked, for the most part. The ride didn't break down. Since Johnny Depp didn't leap onto my lap at any point, that's as magical as it got.

(in offended voice) What!! o_O Well, if there's no Johnny Depp in the boat, then I'm not even going to bother. (huff) Why do such a long refurb if he won't even get in my lap?! What the heck were they doing for all those months?! Glad I found out what a disappointment it is before I wasted my time! Come on, Disney, what the heck! :P

I have to admit, I actually laughed out loud at your comment! I'm in the office and my husband is looking at my like I am crazy town.

And to the OP, thanks for the thread. I've been trying to decide whether to chance this ride when we go in Jan as my son doesn't overly like getting splashed. Nice to know that while some folks are getting wet and some boats have a fair amount of water in the bottom, many are/do not as well.

DH and I rode 2 weeks ago, next to the last row I believe (because I noted that they were using the back row again)
We did not get wet.
We did get splashed but nothing excessive and that was from the cannon ball mostly
I did notice water in the bottom of the boat as it came up the ramp, since were in the back but it drained by the time we got seated.

I did notice that everything does indeed look better and I even noticed the smells, good smells not bad ones ;)

Was on Pirates a month ago, and didn't get wet at all. But the boat did have a little water inside of it, but it wasn't enough to slosh around or anything.

I think the point is that not everybody is having a negative experience. Some of the threads on the Dis Boards can become very gloom & doom in nature...people like to be reassured that they can have a positive experience.

So,true. It's refreshing to see a positive post every once in a while.

We are here now and have done Pirates twice. Rode once in front row (just my husband and I, but we are both "pooh sized "), and did get a pretty significant splash, much to the delight of my nine year old riding in row 2. Second time, we had just done Pirates League and asked for a dry row. Cm put us in a middle row. Dh on right side got a little splash from cannon fire, but it was fine. Loved how great everything looked!

We have been on the POTC 2 times since the refit.....Happy to see all the effects working and looking great.....The boats did have a wet spot here and there and we go a bit of spray here and there, bilges were sometimes wet but no flowing water, but that's all part of the fun!.......not a problem.

AKK

Obviously one mans "soaked" is another "refreshing spray" I was on the ride in Oct. and yes the floor of the boat was wet - no standing water - and I did feel the "spray" from the cannon. That's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter