Possability to partly cancel cruise reservation

Joyce_Belle

Fairy at dawn, princess by day, mermaid by night.
Hi DCL lovers!

So like everyone we have 2 cancelled cruises under our belt due to Corona. We are planning to book an Europe cruise for summer 2022. I am silver member so can book soon. We need 2 staterooms: 1 for my husband, daughter and me (A) and 1 for my parents (B).

The thing is, my mom has terminal cancer. Ofcourse we hope we will finally be able to cruise together next year and the expectation is that we can do so. But there is a small chance that the tables will turn in the upcoming year.

So this might be a harsh question but Im practically trying to figure out what our best option is. We either can go all together, or neither of us can go and we have to cancel the entire reservation, or my family can go (stateroom A) and my parents can’t (stateroom B). What I want to know is if it would be possible to cancel only stateroom B and keep the stateroom A reservation when all are booked in 1 booking. I think it is most practical to do 1 booking because I can manage and pay the entire booking at the same time etcetera.

I hope to receive your advice soon, Thanks!

Warm wishes,
Joyce

Hi DCL lovers!

So like everyone we have 2 cancelled cruises under our belt due to Corona. We are planning to book an Europe cruise for summer 2022. I am silver member so can book soon. We need 2 staterooms: 1 for my husband, daughter and me (A) and 1 for my parents (B).

The thing is, my mom has terminal cancer. Ofcourse we hope we will finally be able to cruise together next year and the expectation is that we can do so. But there is a small chance that the tables will turn in the upcoming year.

So this might be a harsh question but Im practically trying to figure out what our best option is. We either can go all together, or neither of us can go and we have to cancel the entire reservation, or my family can go (stateroom A) and my parents can’t (stateroom B). What I want to know is if it would be possible to cancel only stateroom B and keep the stateroom A reservation when all are booked in 1 booking. I think it is most practical to do 1 booking because I can manage and pay the entire booking at the same time etcetera.

I hope to receive your advice soon, Thanks!

Warm wishes,
Joyce
Each room has it's own reservation number. It's quite possible to cancel one room off a reservation that has more than one room.

I'm sorry about your mom, I hope your whole family is able to travel together and have that memory in the future.

One slight wrinkle is that before it is open to the general public, you will only be able to book one room. One way around that is ( assuming you are both silver) is for you to book one room and your husband to book the other. Just don’t put him as the primary person. So later ( or even at the port) you can swap him back to your room.

One slight wrinkle is that before it is open to the general public, you will only be able to book one room. One way around that is ( assuming you are both silver) is for you to book one room and your husband to book the other. Just don’t put him as the primary person. So later ( or even at the port) you can swap him back to your room.

Thanks for pointing this out. Do you think the prices will be different between tomorrow (silver booking) and the day after (open to all)? It’s not a big issue for us to wait an extra day.

Thanks for pointing this out. Do you think the prices will be different between tomorrow (silver booking) and the day after (open to all)? It’s not a big issue for us to wait an extra day.
Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on how popular an itinerary is that drives the prices up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter