Possible ban of travel in/out of Florida - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeBee3

I'm not grumpy; you're too happy.
Not sure where to post this, but when I read this possibility in the news I was a little...shocked?! I don't know what will come of it or if it's just for flights, but the idea scares me. If driving in and out is allowed, I guess that would be better. Not sure what the new admin has in mind - I guess we will see. Just wondering what this will do for economy and Disney specifically. Is it mainly FL residents right now?

If this is in the wrong place, let me know.

Apparently, the Biden Admin, have been discussing a travel ban to/from Florida.

details are scarce as this is not official.

We have no idea how, when or who this would impact or when it would go into effect.

I wonder how the airlines would handle this for "no refund" passengers. Right now SW is NOT working with us, they won't allow us to convert to points or book beyond March 11th. We wanted to cancel and push our trip farther out but we paid cash and booked over a year ago. They straight refuse. BUT I am going to assume if they are not allowed to even fly people into the state something has to be done.

If they required a rapid test how close to your departure would it be? I can't see many people being able to get one on the way to the airport. I assume a few days though. I would be OK with that, it would have to cut down the numbers some.

Last edited:
I'll bet they would if they could but I think it would be a logistical nightmare. Not sure how they could pull it off. Would they station the National Guard at the border? What would they do with all the people who already have plane tickets? What about the people who live in FL and are trying to get back?

There are so many things I thought just couldn’t happen over the last year, and here we are! I’m feeling better about our trip in 29 days though (flying) based on all of your optimism a ban wouldn’t happen! I’d imagine they couldn’t require vaccination either because at this point it’s effectively a ban (percentage of population wise)?

My thoughts? It's clearly meant to stir up political drama. I wouldn't give it another thought until the POTUS himself comes out and says it is happening, which he won't.

There are bigger problems in America right now that are occupying our government. There is simply no way to restrict travel between states.

If you Google "domestic travel restrictions" all you see are FL papers and Disney blogs results.

ETA: This pops up, which is a story about testing and flights: https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...127000-6af3-11eb-9f80-3d7646ce1bc0_story.html

Last edited:
I’d imagine they couldn’t require vaccination either because at this point it’s effectively a ban (percentage of population wise)?
They definitely could not do that, seeing as the vast majority of the population doesn't have access to it yet. The more likely scenario would be a testing requirement (although I think still unlikely).

They've already shut down "non-essential boat travel" (read: cruises) under their jurisdiction. They absolutely have the power and right to do so with regard to non-essential traffic by airline or by train if they wish. Will they? Perhaps. It depends on whether the pandemic trends reverse again. They don't want a third wave. No one should want a third wave.555563

Last edited:
There are so many things I thought just couldn’t happen over the last year, and here we are! I’m feeling better about our trip in 29 days though (flying) based on all of your optimism a ban wouldn’t happen! I’d imagine they couldn’t require vaccination either because at this point it’s effectively a ban (percentage of population wise)?
29 days for me too!

29 days for me too!

Ha, then you know the pain for getting past the 30 day countdown to wake up to this news! I forget our countdown for our when we cancelled our 2020 trip—probably something eerily similar! (Trip was April 15, 2020, cancelled probably March 15-20?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter