Possible ban of travel in/out of Florida - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Commerce Clause of the Constitution says very clearly that it is Congress's job to regulate interstate commerce. The president simply cannot do something like this unilaterally. It is a no-brainer Constitutionally.
You are mistaken. Congress has already provided the authority. 555579

What does Joe Biden have to do with Disney? It doesn't apply and is just leading down the political pit that we can never seem to climb out of. This whole topic shouldn't be on this board.

Yes, it absolutely applies. There is ZERO chance this would even be attempted by the Federal government without the President signing off on it. Plus, DeSantis won't agree with it either.

Notice there are no actual names in these reports. "White House" is not a source. It's a building. Until you see names, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Ok - this is getting crazy so I'll shut it down. Thanks for everyone's responses. I put it in the rumor section because I considered it as such but it would affect me as a DVC member who is already close to losing points.

Ok - this is getting crazy so I'll shut it down. Thanks for everyone's responses. I put it in the rumor section because I considered it as such but it would affect me as a DVC member who is already close to losing points.

Right there with you.

There's this little thing called the Commerce Clause that will have to be addressed. Can't see this being constitutional.

I believe you. The 24/7 news cycle has made the pandemic 100x worse. All about the next gasp and jaw dropping headline. But rest assured, they are wrong in what they said.

It's also becoming more and more likely that the vaccine ALSO significantly prevents transmission (not 100%) of the virus so this could help end masking requirements. They just need more scientific proof before that can be stated.
I agree. And it's not just Covid that the media does this to. Look at crime. When someone is arrested for something its huge news. But when charges are dropped its never reported on.

It's the b117 variant that's now 15% of Florida cases (up from 1% six weeks ago). Florida is the only state getting hit this hard by the variant at the moment. I think this week it's rumors of a florida travel ban but next week it may be reality.

It's the b117 variant that's now 15% of Florida cases (up from 1% six weeks ago). Florida is the only state getting hit this hard by the variant at the moment. I think this week it's rumors of a florida travel ban but next week it may be reality.
Bear in mind that during that same time period, their overall numbers have steadily dropped.

I wonder how the airlines would handle this for "no refund" passengers. Right now SW is NOT working with us, they won't allow us to convert to points or book beyond March 11th. We wanted to cancel and push our trip farther out but we paid cash and booked over a year ago. They straight refuse. BUT I am going to assume if they are not allowed to even fly people into the state something has to be done.

That's odd. I booked flights with SW March 12th last year for August and then when we knew we weren't flying in August I cancelled and was given credit to be used by September 7th 2022...

I’m sincerely curious.....if mitigation works then why does it matter if it’s the original form of the virus or if it’s the variant? I know that the variant is more contagious but if wearing masks, washing your hands, and social distancing works then why would they stop people from traveling to Florida? I posted a separate thread on this but no one responded. What do you all think? Does mitigation work? If it works then why doesn‘t it seem to be enough? If it would work if more people were compliant then why isn’t it being enforced?

I’m sincerely curious.....if mitigation works then why does it matter if it’s the original form of the virus or if it’s the variant? I know that the variant is more contagious but if wearing masks, washing your hands, and social distancing works then why would they stop people from traveling to Florida? I posted a separate thread on this but no one responded. What do you all think? Does mitigation work? If it works then why doesn‘t it seem to be enough? If it would work if more people were compliant then why isn’t it being enforced?
What does any of this have to do with Disney?!?!?!?!?!

What does any of this have to do with Disney?!?!?!?!?!

It‘s hard to read tone but I read your response as being quite snarky and that’s not my style. I’m truly hoping to get a response from someone who may know more about covid mitigation than I do. I have no medical background and I’m trying to make the best decisions that I can to keep my family safe. I think that if we went to Disney and skipped the indoor rides and dining, avoided crowded areas, and wore our masks then the trip would be safe. Others imply that it isn’t. I’m seeking more information because I’ve been living under a rock for over a year and I can’t take much more.

So, what does it have to do with Disney? If mitigation works then Disney is safe so I’d love to know if it works. I’m assuming that others would like to know too....but maybe I’m wrong about that.

It has been an incredibly tough year for all of us. I wish you all the best.

That's odd. I booked flights with SW March 12th last year for August and then when we knew we weren't flying in August I cancelled and was given credit to be used by September 7th 2022...

I think it was because we booked January of last year so it's been over 12 months. My wife talked to them several times via phone and the only thing they would do is let us pay 100.00 fee per ticket to get them refunded. I have come across others who have ran into the same issue though. It's so frustrating as we want to push our trip back some but also don't want to lose 1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter