Possible deal on Disney GC at Target

I don't understand people saying that the register workers or managers need to do ANYTHING to get 5% Red Card applied to gift cards. Anytime I've been to Target (Home, Atlanta, Multiple locations in Florida) the cashier scans the gift cards and anything else I am purchasing, then I pay for it with my red card, and the red card automatically takes 5% off the total, including gift cards.

I don't understand people saying that the register workers or managers need to do ANYTHING to get 5% Red Card applied to gift cards. Anytime I've been to Target (Home, Atlanta, Multiple locations in Florida) the cashier scans the gift cards and anything else I am purchasing, then I pay for it with my red card, and the red card automatically takes 5% off the total, including gift cards.
Exactly! I've never had an issue purchasing Disney gift cards with my Red Card IN THE STORE. Don't even discuss it - put Disney gift card on counter, they ring it up, I put my Red Card in reader, and discount is applied.

In the past year they've closed the loophole (5% off using Red Card discount, but paying via Target Gift Card or cash) in being able to do so online, however.

Considering the 5% off with Red Card only works some of the time any more, I wouldn't count on this.

I would say BJ's Wholesale club website (always 7% off or so, membership is not required and there is no surcharge for nonmembers on these) combined with a cash back site and pay for it using a credit card that gives rewards is your best bet. Also check to see if they have an additional 10% off Disney Gift cards sale coming up, they seem to do those about twice a year. All in all you can probably get 20-30% off that way.

I can buy gift cards on the BJ wholesale website without being a member?? We’ve been members, but are not currently.

I think you have to spend $50 on 11/24. Once you do that, you receive the coupon to be used between Nov 28-Dec. 10th.

Prior years, I think you have been able to use these types of discounts on the DCL gift card, but things may have changed.

What exactly do I have to do on 10-24? Go to the store and spend $50? Receive coupon on checkout?
Order something online on 10-24? Get coupon per email??

Exactly! I've never had an issue purchasing Disney gift cards with my Red Card IN THE STORE. Don't even discuss it - put Disney gift card on counter, they ring it up, I put my Red Card in reader, and discount is applied.

In the past year they've closed the loophole (5% off using Red Card discount, but paying via Target Gift Card or cash) in being able to do so online, however.

Same here, never had an issue with the red card IN store OR online.
It only comes up on the last window on line or when you slide your red card in the end - that’s when the 5% are applied.

If this doesn't pan out in getting 20% off, it's also worth noting Target will most likely have their annual 10% off Target GC's (up to $300 per transaction, $30 maximum discount) sometime after Thanksgiving. Last year it was on Dec. 1st, 2015 was Dec. 20th, 2014 was 11/28. Those can then be used to buy Disney GC's in store, we do it every year for at least 1-2K for upcoming cruises. FYI There's no additional discount using the Red Card for Target GC's. This 10% off combined with OBB and Costco make for great savings.

They did this one time coupon off a couple of black Friday's ago. It worked for me and a friend to buy Disney gift cards. I bought enough to pay for the remainder of my Disney cruise - over $1000. That year it seemed the "entertainment" card loophole worked for some and not for others. I was beyond excited last time, but won't count on it this year.

They did this one time coupon off a couple of black Friday's ago. It worked for me and a friend to buy Disney gift cards. I bought enough to pay for the remainder of my Disney cruise - over $1000. That year it seemed the "entertainment" card loophole worked for some and not for others. I was beyond excited last time, but won't count on it this year.

I have not tried in some time. If I buy a Disney gift card at target today, can I get 5% off with my red card or not?

So in the off chance the 20% off coupon works and 5% off with red card, it’s possible to get 25% off up to your Red card limit! That would be insanity.

I can buy gift cards on the BJ wholesale website without being a member?? We’ve been members, but are not currently.

Yes you can, I've bought many without being a member. Just purchase them online, my guess is that if you purchased them in their stores then yes you would have to be a member.

I think you have to be careful about stuff like that. I'd hate for a manager to lose their job so I can get a discount I probably shouldn't be getting.

I wondered about that after the fact if this would be an issue...:worried: I hope not. But I probably would only try it once next time and take no for answer...

So in the off chance the 20% off coupon works and 5% off with red card, it’s possible to get 25% off up to your Red card limit! That would be insanity.
It would. Keep in mind that Target's gift card policy has gotten more and more strict over the last several years. I'd have very low expectations.

Considering the 5% off with Red Card only works some of the time any more, I wouldn't count on this.

I would say BJ's Wholesale club website (always 7% off or so, membership is not required and there is no surcharge for nonmembers on these) combined with a cash back site and pay for it using a credit card that gives rewards is your best bet. Also check to see if they have an additional 10% off Disney Gift cards sale coming up, they seem to do those about twice a year. All in all you can probably get 20-30% off that way.

Unless there is a loophole that I'm missing to avoid this, i.e. the old "add a .50 cent ruler trick to your shopping cart", most cash back website portals (ebates, topcashback.com, etc) exclude gift cards from the cash back offer.......

Thoughts?

I just went to BJ Wholesale's online site....it appears that Disney Gift Cards are only 3-4% discounted (not 7%), which is similar to Sam's Club, but maybe I'm missing something?upload_2017-11-8_10-24-56.png

From what you posted there from the BJs site, I see their prices have recently gone up on the Disney gift cards.

Unless there is a loophole that I'm missing to avoid this, i.e. the old "add a .50 cent ruler trick to your shopping cart", most cash back website portals (ebates, topcashback.com, etc) exclude gift cards from the cash back offer.......

Thoughts?
The Disney gift cards have been categorized as "entertainment" in the past and thus were not considered gift cards, I don't know if that is still true or not. I use Piggy for BJ's because they give money back on everything from BJs except if you buy BJs store gift cards (i.e. ones that can only be used at BJs) and Visa/Mastercard/Amex gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter