possible food poisoning last night, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbanks21

DIS Veteran
Not to scare anyone away from Trex but the wife and I ate there last night and were both violently ill. She has a fever and the shakes and I've thrown up twice for the first (and second) time in years. Could be a coincidence but should I call the restaurant or our resort front desk?

Unless you have been diagnosed with food poisoning by a doctor, doing so will likely not be effective or necessary. If you are concerned you should see a doctor. Thousands of people eat at T-rex every day, so unless a lot of people come down with the same thing and are diagnosed and traced there, it isn't likely to be food poisoning.

Stomach viruses often make their way rapidly around places like WDW. Unless you've been diagnosed there's no way to say whether you have a stomach virus or food poisoning.

I am so sorry that you got so sick! I do have to agree with PP. If you are still not feeling well go visit a doctor have it diagnosed. With seeing a doctor, there is no real way to say what you had. Feel better! :goodvibes

My wife got violently ill at WDW on my 30th b-day. She was absolutely fine for the entire day. We rode the bus to AKL and by the time we arrived she was not feeling well. 20 minutes later she was throwing up and that didn't stop for the entire night. We could not go back to our resort because she was so ill. We had to get a room at AKL

The illness was exactly what you would get if you had food poisoning but it was a viral infection that passed relatively quickly.

Actual food poisoning is rare. If it were food poisoning many people from the restaurant would have it and most likely T-Rex would be shut down by now.

Just checked into Celebration Hospital. Vomiting diarrhea severe stomach pains, then on the way there not sure if I started hyperventilating but I had chest pains and my left hand started locking up. Fun times

Just checked into Celebration Hospital. Vomiting diarrhea severe stomach pains, then on the way there not sure if I started hyperventilating but I had chest pains and my left hand started locking up. Fun times
Hope you and your wife feel better and can get back to your vacation

Please keep us informed.....I wish you a quick recovery.

Sending prayers and good thoughts you way. My sister ended up at Celebration during our last trip, and I know it is no fun at all.

then it is most likely it is food poisoning. Food poisoining symtems are rapid onset, virulant and are expelled quickly unless it is ecoli based.

I had food poisoning at Disney World two years ago at Chistmas, yet my wife was fine. We ate different things at the same restaurant. I've had it a few times in the past and the symtems and duration are the same. I felt fine the next morning.

I hope you feel better quickly...It's no fun being sick on vacation, esecially at Disney!

If it was me, and I was so sick, I wouldn't be posting on disboards.

Good grief, is that a necessary comment? Maybe the OP is trying to distract himself from his pain. Why does every post need to be judged?

See, now if it were me, I'd Instagram pictures of me at Celebration Hospital to my Twitter, then update my Facebook check-in, and work on my blog entry. You know how people love their live WDW trip updates.

Anybody know how good the reception is for podcasts at CH? ;)

Dehydration?

Please keep us informed. Hope everything is OK and you both get well quickly.

This is over now. the OP hasn't even been diagnosed by a medical professional and people are starting to argue and snipe over what they have and whether they should even be posting.

I thought more and opened the thread back up, the OP may want to report on their diagnosis so I'll leave it open for now. The attacking the OP for "posting while sick" isn't necessary. (or the counterattacks).

Best wishes for you to feel better soon! Being ill on vacation is no fun at all, especially when you are sick enough for a hospital visit.

You realize how long some people have to sit and wait in ERs? Sometimes literally HOURS. Might help him take his mind off the pain...geeze.

OP, hope you and wife feel better soon. Be sure, most importantly, to stay hydrated!!

Actual food poisoning is rare. If it were food poisoning many people from the restaurant would have it and most likely T-Rex would be shut down by now.[/QUOTE]

Food poisoning is not rare at all. I pulled this from a medical article:

No wonder that for every reported case of food poisoning, there are anywhere from 20 to 100 that go unreported, according to the Center for Disease Control. There are 50,000 to 2.5 million severe cases of food poisoning every year—and 2,500 deaths.

Food poisoning is not rare at all. I pulled this from a medical article:

No wonder that for every reported case of food poisoning, there are anywhere from 20 to 100 that go unreported, according to the Center for Disease Control. There are 50,000 to 2.5 million severe cases of food poisoning every year—and 2,500 deaths.

It is certainly within the realm of possibility that the OP has some form of food poisoning. And that possibility would be backed up by an influx of patients with similar symptoms who had all eaten at TREX last night. We'll have to see what the OP reports after the visit to the ER.

But the most common cause of gastrointestinal illness is not from food-bourne sources; it is much more likely due to hand to mouth transfer of bacteria. Hence the frequent admonitions to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before putting anything into your mouth. The various Noroviruses also have a pretty rapid onset and can result in similar symptoms.

Of course all of this is speculation. Even doctors can have trouble diagnosing these illnesses without taking specimens and waiting for culture and sensitivity testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter