Possible hard to get reservations - easiest way to try and book??

People are already walking concierge for early December 2019, for those weeks it's already too late.
But this means they'll stop walking once they get to their dates, so you have a chance to get a date to start your walk. Be sure to try sharp at 8:00am every day at 11 months and as soon as you get a reservation continue walking. Getting the second leg after NYE will be much more difficult. I'd stay put at BLT after the switch.
How can you tell what dates the people walking right now actually want? I don't think people are "already walking for early December, 2019" .

Hello it’s me again!

Can I just ask one more question - I really can’t get this Use Year problem straight in my mind, so I was hoping someone would clarify for me please? ☺️

So say I used current Dec UY 2019 points to make a booking from 1st-4th Nov 2020 and then walked that booking successfully to the end of the month. What is stopping me then ringing member services to ask them to move the reservation forward into my next Use Year, either by changing the reservation to use current Dec 2020 points or by banking the used 2019 ones?

I’m assuming there is a rule somewhere saying you can’t change the status of the points you are using when moving a reservation, or substitute those points for different ones after the reservation has been made? But having googled my question in as many different ways as I can, I’m struggling to find anything that actually says that.

Is anyone able to direct me to something that it explains it for me please?

Sorry to be a pain - just when I think I totally get this DVC malarkey, then a new question raises its head!! Lol!!

The problem is that as the system currently works, you cannot book across two different UY. As far as I know it's not a rule, but a system limitation. So to book across the start of a UY you have to book two separate reservations, one that ends when on UY ends, the second starting at the start of the new UY. This means you cannot walk across two UY because the second reservation must be booked separately.

The problem is that as the system currently works, you cannot book across two different UY. As far as I know it's not a rule, but a system limitation. So to book across the start of a UY you have to book two separate reservations, one that ends when on UY ends, the second starting at the start of the new UY. This means you cannot walk across two UY because the second reservation must be booked separately.

We always Book over 2 Use Years! We walk and will book up to 17 nights between the 2 UY!!!!
Only one time there was a computer problem but a CM Supervisor held our reservation for us until the system was fixed.

We always Book over 2 Use Years! We walk and will book up to 17 nights between the 2 UY!!!!
Only one time there was a computer problem but a CM Supervisor held our reservation for us until the system was fixed.
Thank you so much for posting - from what you’ve said, you might of given me some hope. Please could I tell you my situation and you tell me what I can do?

I have a Dec UY, I am wanting a reservation from 26th Dec - 30th Dec 2020. I will have all of my Dec 2019 & Dec 2020 points available, so in my head I originally thought I can start walking from as early as 1st Dec 2019 as soon as I see an opening in these much coveted concierge AKV rooms.

But from what others have said due to needing to change either the status of my points (eg booking with current 2019 points originally and then once we pass over to 1st Dec 2020 they would need to be banked points) or changing the points used (so switching to use my Dec 2020 ones), that I can’t do it - so from what I understand I won’t be able to start my walking journey until 1st Dec 2020, in which case I virtually have zero chance of getting the reservation I want.

I’m finding it very frustrating- as whilst I know not everyone can always get what they want, equally it feels like I’m not even getting the chance to put the effort in to at least try! ☹️

Hi again - I was wondering if you saw my last message? You gave me hope that my reservation might be possible, so I was hoping you might be back to this thread!

Hi again - I was wondering if you saw my last message? You gave me hope that my reservation might be possible, so I was hoping you might be back to this thread!

I empathize with you! Your December Use Year, like ours, is highly problematic for December stays!
We cannot walk a reservation IF we want to stay in (ONLY) in early December, as IF we start walking in November, canceling those November days would put them in the Use Year ending on November 30th, AND those points MUST REMAIN in that same Use Year, ending on November 30th, and canNOT be banked!
I absolutely hate it!

Thank you so much for posting - from what you’ve said, you might of given me some hope. Please could I tell you my situation and you tell me what I can do?

I have a Dec UY, I am wanting a reservation from 26th Dec - 30th Dec 2020. I will have all of my Dec 2019 & Dec 2020 points available, so in my head I originally thought I can start walking from as early as 1st Dec 2019 as soon as I see an opening in these much coveted concierge AKV rooms.

But from what others have said due to needing to change either the status of my points (eg booking with current 2019 points originally and then once we pass over to 1st Dec 2020 they would need to be banked points) or changing the points used (so switching to use my Dec 2020 ones), that I can’t do it - so from what I understand I won’t be able to start my walking journey until 1st Dec 2020, in which case I virtually have zero chance of getting the reservation I want.

I’m finding it very frustrating- as whilst I know not everyone can always get what they want, equally it feels like I’m not even getting the chance to put the effort in to at least try! ☹️

You're right! It's absolutely frustrating!
Absolutely as it makes getting the first week in December, which is the #1 most popular DVC week, BTW, impossible to get, as you cannot start walking until December 1st!!!!!

We do love our Thanksgiving week/early December stays!
I walk in November, using regular points that expire on the 30th of November plus banked points(the computer ALWAYS uses those points first!) that also expire on the 30th of November.
THEN we use our next use years' regular points that start on December 1st, plus the points that we banked into that same Use Year.

Maybe you could do a Nov.-Dec. Trip?!?!

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sadly I have to travel between Christmas and New Year, so I’m just praying I can get something at the 11 month mark from 1st December and walk all the way until our vacation would begin on 26th December. (Our boys are in school and so couldn’t travel before Christmas, and we are actually visiting to celebrate my uncles 60th birthday on New Year’s Eve - I’m just hoping I can get both a 2 bed MK view & a MK view studio at BLT, as I’ve told my relatives we would treat them!

Will abandon any hope of getting the animal kingdom lodge concierge studio I was hoping for

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sadly I have to travel between Christmas and New Year, so I’m just praying I can get something at the 11 month mark from 1st December and walk all the way until our vacation would begin on 26th December. (Our boys are in school and so couldn’t travel before Christmas, and we are actually visiting to celebrate my uncles 60th birthday on New Year’s Eve - I’m just hoping I can get both a 2 bed MK view & a MK view studio at BLT, as I’ve told my relatives we would treat them!

Will abandon any hope of getting the animal kingdom lodge concierge studio I was hoping for
It is a bit easier that week of Christmas, because the points chart is higher then.

It is a bit easier that week of Christmas, because the points chart is higher then.
It's really not easier because so many people want to vacation then. DVC used to have a lottery for Christmas week in the early days of the program. You had to put in a request for the lottery, tie up your points and then wait to see if you got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter