• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible New Park?

Andyman100385

Earning My Ears
Iger announced yesterday that Disney is taking its time with Star Wars incorporation plans because they are ambitious. This got me thinking. I remember going to Animal Kingdom when it first opened and they said that there was still room on the property for one more theme park. I think with Disney's recent acquisitions they will need to walk a fine line when determining how to incorporate. They would be foolish to do anything that eliminates that classic magic of the parks (for example, making Tomorrowland into Star Wars Land). Do you think they would be better off/will use this to build another park? I think they could build a park filled with thrill rides from some of these other movies. I don't necessarily think it would be completely Star Wars themed, but they could use it for a land? Indiana Jones, Marvel (although I know Universal has exclusive theme park rights for Marvel).

I actually think this would be the perfect time/excuse to build another park.

3 out of the current Parks on Property are currently underutilized, so it's highly doubtful. Plus, TWDC isn't about to absorb another 3000-8000 additional employees and their liabilities. And that would be after dropping 3-5 billion of CapEx into WDW to build the 5th Gate.

We know that's not going to happen - especially as they look to re-coup their 2 billion NextGen investment

Good point, I just cant figure out (how could anyone I suppose) what their plans are going to be. I just cant see them making huge changes at the Magic Kingdom. I suppose the add on to Hollywood Studios makes sense but I figure they would do something more elaborate. I think it would be too soon to add another hotel, one that was Star Wars themed.

I am sure of this....
First there will be a large area of DHS themed to Star Wars, and with that some more elimination of original areas.

As for other parks....
Epcot - future world Innovations area - having some things on Star Wars Tech?
AK - no idea here, but with Avatar area just getting done, I can't see much here.
MK - no I don't see a tomorrow land re-stage to star wars. Maybe they revamp on area, maybe have some type of star wars experience instead of Laugh floor(which I would hate to see close) or Stich ride. But I don't see a full revamp. Now, part and parcel to this is how the movie Tomorrow land goes, if it does really well, I agree with others here that then there will be an update to tomorrow land...but no idea if this effects Star wars from there.

I thought I remember seeing original designs that DID change tomorrowland to a Star Wars theme which is why I was worried, but maybe I was dreaming.

For the non star wars fans who love Disney... I hope Disney doesn't become way to Star Warsy!

No matter what Tommorowland does in the box office, the only way you're going to see another significant investment into MK in the near future is if we suddenly find out Walt isn't dead and has just been hanging out with Elvis on some deserted island.

NFL, 7DMT, NextGen, Hub reconstruct..... it would be a huge shock to see any more casiola heading that way. Not to mention they already have too many guests hitting MK compared to the other Parks.

If they were going to invest more in MK they would have put the Snow Princess ride there instead of Epcot......

All of disneys parks have an overall theme. Animal kingdom animals. MK fantasy and adventure, DHS Classic movies, Epcot worlds fair. A new park would have to have an overall theme. They would not build a park based on a couple movies. They could just put those movies into DHS. Star Wars is likely to be put there. Iger says they are waiting because they are going to incorporate the new movies into any Star Wars expansion they do. Expansion of all parks is needed.

In addition to the new theme park, I heard that Body Wars is coming back to EPCOT. It will be called Measles, Mumps & Rubella, and in order to get your FP, you will have to get immunized at the Kiosk. The cost for the immunization is only 2-table service credits from your DDP.

Seriously, I don't like to discourage "new" members from posting, but this has to be the 10th "WDW is Getting a New Park" post by a first-time poster so far this year. Really people?!?!?

Massive Star Wars fan but i don't want it going anywhere else other than Hollywood Studios. At an absolute stretch, An Endor/Kyshhhk theme land in Animal kingdom as they are forest based plannets would be acceptable.

Im more worried how they will integrate Marvel when/if Universal loose the licenses. Maybe a Land in Hollywood Studios but have they got more land outside of the existing parameters of the park that they could use and incorporate?

One thought I have always wished for, had .....for DHS.

Split into three or four areas -
Classic movies - tower of terror area - focus on Classic movies like Hitchcock and such.
Pixar land - or Kids and animation - have Pixar films, Early and later animation from Disney, throw in muppets
Star Wars - Space themed, future themed (maybe have Disney buy rights to Star Trek?!?!?!?! hoping...)
Then area for Classic Disney - Bed Knobs, mary Poppins, Herby, and such.

But that would be alot of money spent, so my hopes may be dashed.

If I could only go on vacation for 4 days then I wouldn't even bother. When I'm gone I'm gone and I make sure everyone knows that if they text or call I'm going to ignore it.

Star Wars - Space themed, future themed (maybe have Disney buy rights to Star Trek?!?!?!?! hoping...)

I am still in mourning over STE in Las Vegas. If only Disney would buy the rights - the convention battles between the fans would be a show itself!

I saw a report that said the average American vacation is 4 days.

4 vacation days/4 parks. You do the math.

Every time we go through this tired talk of "new parks". (And wdw has room for 8 parks... Not 5...if you look at some of the old master plans)

Anyway...
The Dog brings up a key point. Americans have less and less time for vacation. Why built more? Eisners grand vision of 14 day stays didnt come to pass.
Why? People make less...people are replaced at work by younger workers who aren't given vacation- and they'll take it to get a low paying job to go with their $216,000 psychology degree student loan...and there are psychological deterents to even taking vacation almost everywhere now.

Not only that...but the average stay did not measurably increase when animal kingdom opened. Like 0.75 days per average guess. And that cost 2-3 billion and a ton of additional overhead.

Bottomline: no new parks...the scenario to justify it just is not there.

Massive Star Wars fan but i don't want it going anywhere else other than Hollywood Studios. At an absolute stretch, An Endor/Kyshhhk theme land in Animal kingdom as they are forest based plannets would be acceptable.

Im more worried how they will integrate Marvel when/if Universal loose the licenses. Maybe a Land in Hollywood Studios but have they got more land outside of the existing parameters of the park that they could use and incorporate?

As another massive Star Wars fan, I'm in agreement on this. Even though I love Star Wars, it would be the same as what they're doing now putting Frozen everywhere and it just doesn't make sense. Keep it in DHS and expand. It looks like they have land to play with.

I don't see a whole new park based on Star Wars coming. It would take such a long time to design, engineer, construction, etc. ONLY if all four parks were completely utilized, then I could see a 5th park.

However I think the new Star Wars land will be given to DHS, which is in dire need of major attractions to rid itself of the title "half day park." AK is getting a major addition with Avatar, Epcot is getting so minor replacements. MK just finished Fantasyland and is currently having the hub remodeled, so I don't expect anything new to be done there at least until AK or DHS is finished.

If I could only go on vacation for 4 days then I wouldn't even bother. When I'm gone I'm gone and I make sure everyone knows that if they text or call I'm going to ignore it.

And you are correct to do so...

Pretty much every labor study ever conducted shows a severe drop in worker efficiency after they pass 35 hours a week.

So the longer you're there - you're "just there"
But your boss is infected with the sickness of greed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter